What is your Happiness?

geocruiser

Sort of funny: When we've been sailing on other cruise lines, DH tells me he hopes I don't hear that "Love Boat Song" and start crying. :rolleyes:

Cruising on a variety of cruise lines is a good thing ... but do sort of always miss Princess. Not that Princess is perfect but it's the devil we know best.

LuLu

Funny as my last name is pronounced exactly that way. It isn't spelled "Dano" but when I make dinner reservations I always spell it that way as my last name has 10 letters in it. So, I am very happy when I talk to myself and say "book it Dano"!

Happiness is: That first step over the threshold of a ship, dropping my carryon in my cabin, grabbing a snack at Horizon and sitting out on the aft deck, standing on deck while the horn blows as we depart, sitting on my balcony staring up at the stars, participating in line dancing classes, reading in a lounger on a sea day, standing on my balcony or on deck as we pull into port, exploring new ports and new areas in old ports, and sharing these experiences with family and friends. Oh and eating some shrimp salad from the IC.:p

Isn't that the best shrimp salad?

On a Princess ships it's the feeling of being home ... where I belong. Never get that feeling on other cruise lines.

LuLu

same here but not on the Royal or Regal, They don't give me the same feeling as all the others.

Happiness is being on a ship, exploring new or old sights on port days and relaxing on sea days, enjoying old friends and meeting new ones.

Happiness is boarding the ship to return to sea and having enough combinable OBC to cover most of our expenses! :D

I agree with these great people. Lots of friends and OBC...BLISS!!!

same here but not on the Royal or Regal, They don't give me the same feeling as all the others.

I can tell by now that you really don't like those ships.:)

I loved the Royal sooo much. I was apprehensive, but enjoyed everything about it.

As for my happiness, it used to be that sound of my card being scanned when I boarded the ship...which they no longer do as they now have a hand held device. I miss that sound!

The waves crashing as the ship breaks the wave. . . ahhhh . . . .

Planning the whole cruise - - - where will we stay the night before, what flights will we book, seats, shore excursions, an then living the dream. . . ahhh. . .

Perhaps this will help. I hope it works.

https://sites.google.com/site/cruiseshipsounds/home

I can tell by now that you really don't like those ships.:)

I loved the Royal sooo much. I was apprehensive, but enjoyed everything about it.

As for my happiness, it used to be that sound of my card being scanned when I boarded the ship...which they no longer do as they now have a hand held device. I miss that sound!

Happiness is when your husband says "Book It".......:D :) ;)

I loved this, and it reminded me of our first HAL cruise on the Maasdam in 2010. I received an email with a promotional price of $42 per day per person for a 24 night Caribbean cruise. I was so excited about it I yelled at my DH through the powder room door, "I found a cruise for $42 per day", and he yelled back "Book it!". I did a bit of research and yelled, "It's on the smallest ship we've ever been on" and he yelled back "Book it!". More research..."It's the oldest ship we've ever been on." "Book it!". When he opened the door I said, "It's a ship with some plumbing issues", and he said "Haven't you booked that d#$% cruise yet?". So I did. :p

My happiness comes when I awake at the pre-cruise hotel the morning we board the ship. At that point, the work is behind us, the fun lies ahead. It's like Christmas morning and the first morning of summer vacation rolled into one. It's a wonderful feeling.

It's the break of dawn - seems like I'm the only passenger awake - the ship is pulling into a Mediterranean port - I'm on our oversized balcony - cup of coffee in hand - sun is highlighting a quiet shoreline of buildings - it's warm, not hot - I can imagine the history. That's happiness.

Today...Happiness is watching "your story begins in 159 days" counting down. In 158 days, Happiness is leaving home and getting on that plane. In 159 days, Happiness is leaving the real world behind and living the dream with DH

happiness is day 3. I am not homesick anymore (yes, I am still plagued by this. ugh), have adjusted to the bed and am looking forward to the days of discovery interspersed with days of lounging in the shade reading.

happiness is day 3. I am not homesick anymore (yes, I am still plagued by this. ugh), have adjusted to the bed and am looking forward to the days of discovery interspersed with days of lounging in the shade reading.

Me too. It just means we're lucky enough to have both a home we love and a passion for travel.

It's the break of dawn - seems like I'm the only passenger awake - the ship is pulling into a Mediterranean port - I'm on our oversized balcony - cup of coffee in hand - sun is highlighting a quiet shoreline of buildings - it's warm, not hot - I can imagine the history. That's happiness.

You have painted such a vivid picture. I wish I were there now....

...two goat cheese soufflés.., as my entree!

I can't believe that I have never had the Goat Cheese Souffles. I've cruised Princess 10 times but seem to not be in the dining room on the night this is served. I wonder if they serve it on a 3 day cruise......????