Cruise Evaluation forms

Iwant2BatC

Recently I returned from a cruise with friends and filled out the cruise evaluation forms which were sent to us by e-mail. All of us had some fairly serious issues and so noted in our evaluations. Both my friends have had e- mail responses. I have heard nothing.. Does anyone know the standard format for handling issues noted in the evaluations?

Recently I returned from a cruise with friends and filled out the cruise evaluation forms which were sent to us by e-mail. All of us had some fairly serious issues and so noted in our evaluations. Both my friends have had e- mail responses. I have heard nothing.. Does anyone know the standard format for handling issues noted in the evaluations?

You really never know. On the whole we have had nothing but great cruises on HAL but from time to time have pointed out weaknesses or outright failures. Not a word...OK....got that. Unfortunately we had a 14-day cruise on the Veendam that was just plain bad in so many ways I can't list them here and our comments at the end of the cruise was pretty harsh. Not a word. So now for many reasons and a change in our desires from a cruise we've moved to a different line. Interestingly we wrote pretty much a comment card full of raves but did mention a bad tour experience and sometimes slow service in one restaurant. Total surprise was a letter a few weeks later apologizing for it not being a perfect cruise with an enclosed certificate for a substantial discount on a future cruise. Go figure.....:)

I have never gotten an email from Hal about any comments I have made on my evaluation forms. It surprises me that your friends got emails from Hal. Personally if you have complains I would email Hal directly rather then do it on one of their evaluation forms.

guestrelations@hollandamerica.com

Yup, agree with you. I've never been contacted by Hal. Princess has contacted me after filling out an evaluation. If you feel your issue is bad enough, I think you need to contact them.

Yup, agree with you. I've never been contacted by Hal. Princess has contacted me after filling out an evaluation. If you feel your issue is bad enough, I think you need to contact them.

Cruz chic and Pathfinderess

I think you two are too high Mariners to rate a response from HAL. They seems to be much more interested in the newbies. I have found that anyways.

Thanks for all the insights and ideas. Perhaps the idea about high days does have validity. I am 5 star with over 900 days and my friends are only 4 star. Maybe they just throw out all the 5 star comments. One well known captain told me the old timers are too much trouble!

Thanks for all the insights and ideas. Perhaps the idea about high days does have validity. I am 5 star with over 900 days and my friends are only 4 star. Maybe they just throw out all the 5 star comments. One well known captain told me the old timers are too much trouble!

Really, a Captain told you this? I wonder who?? Was he joking?

I have thought for a long time that this is what a lot of officers think, but I never though one would be so rude as to actually say so to a pax (oopps!, "guest").

I think you two are too high Mariners to rate a response from HAL. They seems to be much more interested in the newbies. I have found that anyways.

Interesting. We are 4*, close to 5.

One of us got a personalized reply and the other did not. Wonder if they choose certain ones or only reply to the first x number that they receive ?

It's probably like the upsell fairy and no one will ever figure it out.

We are 5-star Mariners and did receive specific responses from HAL after we filled out our questionnaires. My husband (world's nicest person) had only wonderful things to say and was thanked for his responses and added specific names he had mentioned. Now me on the other hand also mentioned a few things that could use a bit of improvement and these were also specifically mentioned in my email from HAL. Must be the mood of the person who is reading the questionnaire responses for the day.

We did have a problem on our last cruise -- we are 5 Star mariners with over 900 days.

We didn't even get any e-mail survey's and had to call HAL about that. They gave us a link to a form survey -- not quite the same as other e-mail survey's that we have done -- but we did fill them out -- and had to send them by regular mail as there was no way to send them via e-mail.

After a couple of weeks we did get a letter from Seattle concerning our problem which hoping won't happen in the past.

It was in relation of their not recognizing the pre-arranged wheel assistance that I needed to get off the ship.

I agree. They think they already have you so you will return regardless. Others may still be testing the waters.

Hi

Got a email from Hal today. I stress in my survey about children being left alone in pools and running all over the ship stairwells. The mentioned it the thier email as welll as other points I made.

Mary

Mary' date=' what did HAL say the could do about children being left alone in the pools & running in the stairwells? Did you report it while o the ship too?If I'm not mistaken another long time poster here complained about the same thing years ago.. I believe one of the families received one warning & were then put off the ship at the next port, when trouble began again..[/size']

I can't believe that one of the Capt.'s made that crass remark to you..I hope you mentioned it on your evaluation, if he was serious!:(

reviews every comment card and act on those where they can resolve a problem. Individual issues may not be supported by others. They consider 4 & 5 star very important to them. You can also report a problem while on the ship at the front desk in person or in writing or address it to the hotel, bar managers or CD.

You really never know. On the whole we have had nothing but great cruises on HAL but from time to time have pointed out weaknesses or outright failures. Not a word...OK....got that. Unfortunately we had a 14-day cruise on the Veendam that was just plain bad in so many ways I can't list them here and our comments at the end of the cruise was pretty harsh. Not a word. So now for many reasons and a change in our desires from a cruise we've moved to a different line. Interestingly we wrote pretty much a comment card full of raves but did mention a bad tour experience and sometimes slow service in one restaurant. Total surprise was a letter a few weeks later apologizing for it not being a perfect cruise with an enclosed certificate for a substantial discount on a future cruise. Go figure.....:)

All I can say to that is WOW! Mind you that was an upscale cruise line.

All I can say to that is WOW! Mind you that was an upscale cruise line.

I guess there are two sides. One side is that they advertise themselves as an all-inclusive luxury line and take that very seriously. The other side is "perfect" is a high bar and it doesn't take much to miss that goal. Stuff happens and interestingly we pointed out two relatively minor, without being overly picky, situations. Considering the relative complaints between our Veendam cruise and our Wind cruise if HAL had responded in kind it almost would have been to offer us a complete cruise, obviously not something HAL is apt to do. Of course to totally ignore our pretty strong complaints about that cruise is at the opposite end of the spectrum.