Baggage labels

catperson02

Not long until our cruise on Azura. Does anybody have any tips on attaching the luggage labels once I have printed them out so they do not get ripped off before they reach our cabin. This is our first ever cruise so I am trying to cover all bases. I have considered laminating them at work (with my own pouches I hasten to add) to make them stronger but if the upgrade fairy calls after we break up I will not be able to laminate the new tags.

Any advice would be gratefully achieved.

We never have problems with the paper ones, I staple them together once I have put them round the handle and they are still there when I get home from the cruise. Not sure this would apply to a fly-cruise however.

Edited by terrierjohn

Not long until our cruise on Azura. Does anybody have any tips on attaching the luggage labels once I have printed them out so they do not get ripped off before they reach our cabin. This is our first ever cruise so I am trying to cover all bases. I have considered laminating them at work (with my own pouches I hasten to add) to make them stronger but if the upgrade fairy calls after we break up I will not be able to laminate the new tags.

how about these

http://www.thanetdirect.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75&zenid=9pa15q5jq30v93vogajb29loc6

we have used variations of these for years.

plus you can leave it until the last night at home to print them off, as the paper just slips in.

I print them, fold them and then use clear packing tape to cover them before stapling then around the handle of the cases. I have done this since we had one come off on a particularly rainy day in Southampton and we think that it may have got wet and possibly turned to mush. Never have a problem now.

Fold them as directed, cover them in a single layer of cello tape (like laminating for the poor!) and then wrap a load of tape around them where they join by a few inches - not too close to the handle. You want it tight enough that it won't move far, but not too tight that it rips.

P.s. 3 fly cruises and never lost one (despite the increasingly battered state of our cases making me wonder that is actually done to them) and have to cut them off with scissors!

I used the folded stapled method last time but it looks a bit tacky, although to be fair they did stay in place. I bought 8 'proper' label holders on Amazon for £10 now so the paper tickets just slip inside and look a bit neater.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered and recieved two days later some super printed label tags together with attachments. order from http://WWW.thanetdirect.com So nice to get such good sevice