Has the Navigator been re-furbished ?

She will be refurbished in 2015. Someone else will no doubt post as to her current condition. I do know that Regent constantly works on their ships to keep them in top condition. She was refurbished a couple of years ago and should still look great!

The Navigator will get a refit upon completion of its seven day San Francisco to Vancouver run from 1-8 May 2015. This was originally a nine day cruise whose itinerary was cut short by two days to accomodate its refurbishment. Really sucks to be on this cruise!

Z and TB

Thanks . Just don't want to book this crusie we are interested in and fund that the cabins are a bit oldfahsioned.

Scotslizzy

Not only "old-fashioned" but decorated in dated brown, rust, and orange colors.

Mariner was recently refurbished and apparently Penthouse suites and above were completely redone in both furniture and color scheme but there was no mention of anything being done to the standard suites, that are really just large staterooms. Apparently, the dated color scheme remains on Mariner, so I'm not optimistic about anything significant being done to Navigator's standard suites.

Not only "old-fashioned" but decorated in dated brown, rust, and orange colors.

Mariner was recently refurbished and apparently Penthouse suites and above were completely redone in both furniture and color scheme but there was no mention of anything being done to the standard suites, that are really just large staterooms. Apparently, the dated color scheme remains on Mariner, so I'm not optimistic about anything significant being done to Navigator's standard suites.

I would agree that the decor is slightly dated, but that should not stop you from enjoying your cruise. Our suite was a penthouse (same size as other base suites on Navigator), carpet was in great shape, bathroom very nice, but the color scheme is dated and the cabinets/wordwork in the cabin had some scrapes and nicks. Again, it did not affect our enjoyment, just slightly disappointing given the price point. It would be nice if Regent spent some additional money to redo the suites similar to Crystal (which IMO look modern and fresh).

I would agree that the decor is slightly dated, but that should not stop you from enjoying your cruise. Our suite was a penthouse (same size as other base suites on Navigator), carpet was in great shape, bathroom very nice, but the color scheme is dated and the cabinets/wordwork in the cabin had some scrapes and nicks. Again, it did not affect our enjoyment, just slightly disappointing given the price point. It would be nice if Regent spent some additional money to redo the suites similar to Crystal (which IMO look modern and fresh).
It won't affect the enjoyment of my cruise one bit, but Regent really needs to change those colors as they've done in the more expensive suites.

We're on the 17 day sailing that ends in San Francisco on May 1st. Should we expect our cruise to be "enhanced" with the preliminaries of an overhaul? This happened to us once on one of the mass-market mega ships. Throughout our entire cruise carpets were being ripped out, chairs were being unbolted from the floor and wall decorations were being removed and stored in the hallways. We board the Navigator in Miami and are doing the Panama Canal route. Since this is to be our 50th wedding anniversary celebration, we would like for things to be "as expected" on the Navigator. Should we worry???

Aloha Mushroom,

We were on the Voyager last year the cruise just prior to dry dock, and if some staff had not been talking about the following week being dry dock, we would not have known. Everything was just as it had been on our Voyager cruise of the previous year.

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

• 2 months later...

To my knowledge, the refurbishment of the Navigator has not been rescheduled. Actually, I wonder if she will remain in the fleet. While I have not heard rumors or anything, the Explorer will be in the Med. in summer, 2016 and then will go to the Caribbean (Navigator's area). The Mariner is suppose to be in Alaska the summer of 2016 (good move IMO but it usually the area that the Navigator is in). While we personally would not miss the Navigator, there are many regulars that would. Guess we all have to wait and see what happens.

Our challenge with Regent, which we very much like, is that with only three ships, there is very little variety in the cruises year-to-year. We're hoping that with the Explorer, and retaining the Navigator, there may be some new itineraries.

As has been mentioned on another thread, the new schedule shows the Navigator returning to Venice on May 3, 2015 and then disappears from the schedule for the rest of May.

gnomie :)

I feel there is a bit of confusion on this thread about Navigators scheduled/potential refit.

All I can contribute is that Alaskan cruises on the ship for all May 2015 are being promoted by TA's and directly by Regent in the UK. In fact I have recently booked on the 9 day cruise starting in San Francisco starting on 1st May 2015 due to the incentives on offer.

I feel there is a bit of confusion on this thread about Navigators scheduled/potential refit.

All I can contribute is that Alaskan cruises on the ship for all May 2015 are being promoted by TA's and directly by Regent in the UK. In fact I have recently booked on the 9 day cruise starting in San Francisco starting on 1st May 2015 due to the incentives on offer.

If you look at the RSSC website, it appears that the Mariner will be in Alaska in May - I would be surprised if they have two ships in the same area at the same time, unless of course there is great demand.

As has been mentioned on another thread, the new schedule shows the Navigator returning to Venice on May 3, 2015 and then disappears from the schedule for the rest of May.

Actually, this should be May 3, 2016. I thinks that's why there's some confusion. The Navigator is still doing Alaska in 2015. It's not until 2016 that the Mariner takes over that route.

Edited by cAPS lOCK oN

Actually, this should be May 3, 2016. I thinks that's why there's some confusion. The Navigator is still doing Alaska in 2015. It's not until 2016 that the Mariner takes over that route.

Sorry for the error and confusion - that is what happens when I'm trying to do two things at one time

Sorry for the error and confusion - that is what happens when I'm trying to do two things at one time

Thank Heaven she's on the water and going strong for me next month. I love every bolt, line, and pane on that little ship. Small and clean lined she arrives ports like a rich family yacht. Passengers on the mega ships look down on Navigator's top deck and wonder why they chose a floating city over this dream vessel. And I look up, and wave, happy I'm on board and they are not. Jack

Thank Heaven she's on the water and going strong for me next month. I love every bolt, line, and pane on that little ship. Small and clean lined she arrives ports like a rich family yacht. Passengers on the mega ships look down on Navigator's top deck and wonder why they chose a floating city over this dream vessel. And I look up, and wave, happy I'm on board and they are not. Jack

That will do for me Jack.I am a first timer on Regent and badly need a good holiday..Thanks...;)