RCL Stock, Time to Sell?

I bought 500 shs. of RCCL stock for a little over $10.00 the first day the market opened after 9-11-01. several years later; not aware of any shareholder benefits I sold RCCL doubling my money.In 2006 I bought 100 shs. & increased it to 500 shs. I have saved over $4000. dollars in OBC &I am $12,000.00 ahead. I also own 700 shs. of Carnival & barely have a profit & have saved about $800.00 in OBC. I would be a buyer of Carnival at current prices.

It has come in handy for us on Celebrity a couple of times....no balcony discounts there.
We almost cruised on Eclipse a few years ago so if we do sail on Celebrity, I remember the Onboard Credit. Thanks for your post -- it reminded me of a benefit I would use.

We almost cruised on Eclipse a few years ago so if we do sail on Celebrity, I remember the Onboard Credit. Thanks for your post -- it reminded me of a benefit I would use.

We have been on Ecliplse twice and really enjoyed it. You should try it.

I'm sailing on Eclipse in November have a lot of perks including OBC from the TA I booked with, getting the extra $250 shareholder OBC was great. Edited by FLACRUISER99

If I owned any substantial amount of RCL stock, today is the day I'd be looking to get out of it. I'm not big on leisure companies during times like this with a lot of world and economic uncertainty. Great returns this year, and a nice bump today, but I've made similar returns in more stable investments recently.

If I owned any substantial amount of RCL stock, today is the day I'd be looking to get out of it. I'm not big on leisure companies during times like this with a lot of world and economic uncertainty. Great returns this year, and a nice bump today, but I've made similar returns in more stable investments recently.

People will always take vacations no matter the economic times. Disney and RCCL have both brought amazing returns this year.

People will always take vacations no matter the economic times. Disney and RCCL have both brought amazing returns this year.

And stocks that hit new highs today are very likely to hit new highs in the near future until the trend changes. No one really knows.:eek:

People will always take vacations no matter the economic times. .

I suggest you look at history before making such claims. It seems you weren't looking at the market just a few years ago during the GFC otherwise you would have other thoughts.

I bought 500 shs. of RCCL stock for a little over $10.00 the first day the market opened after 9-11-01. several years later; not aware of any shareholder benefits I sold RCCL doubling my money.In 2006 I bought 100 shs. & increased it to 500 shs. I have saved over $4000. dollars in OBC &I am $12,000.00 ahead. I also own 700 shs. of Carnival & barely have a profit & have saved about $800.00 in OBC. I would be a buyer of Carnival at current prices.

I bought 100 shares when the stock initially went public at around 16. Over time it went as low as 8, did I buy more, no. It then did a nice recovery into the 20's and I said if it ever went that low again I would buy. In early 2009 the stock went under 5 and I kept my promise and loaded up. This old dude always wanted a new Corvette and now a red 2014 Vette

sits in my garage courtesy of RCL.:):)

Edited by PLEIKU68

I had 100 shares of RCL for the last 5 -10 years. I bought it when it was at $24 share. Never was able to get the OBC:(. So while looking at the price of stocks yesterday and I saw RCL at $61 a share:eek:!! I knew it was time to sell my 100 shares. So I did and made a nice little profet:rolleyes:. I will watch the price and see what happens and maybe buy some again when the price drops.

Ord i hate yo tell you on 7-25-14 RCCL closed at %63.05 & I think it will go higher,

If one wants to sell a stock, it is better to just do it. You may leave some money on the table, but it could just as well have gone down.

Ord i hate yo tell you on 7-25-14 RCCL closed at %63.05 & I think it will go higher,

If one wants to sell a stock, it is better to just do it. You may leave some money on the table, but it could just as well have gone down.

Why not just place a stop loss order?

I bought my 100 shares in October 2001 ofter 9/11. It was at $10.84/share. I received enough OBC long ago to cover that $1100 investment. Now I just watch it go up and down and enjoy the OBC when I can use it and don't fret when I can't.

It's a long term investment. I don't lose or make any money on it until I sell.

The nice thing is, when I bought it, it was combinable. We would get on board booking OBC, our stock OBC, and our RCCL visa OBC. Maybe we are the reason they don't let us combine anymore

I only wish I had bought the Royal stock years ago. DH and I were late to the buying party....when we bought it, we did not buy it for the OBC it can give us, we bought it so that it would hopefully increase in value and be a nice part of our retirement portfolio.

So far it has done nicely for us, and although it isn't combinable with other discounts, and may only rarely give us a small OBC on a cruise, it still is a good investment. I agree with you -- it is a long term investment, not something I will fret over in the short run.