Independence of the Seas

Very little was done to the ship. About the only major thing that comes to mind is the big screen that was installed on the pool deck.

Having been on INDY just a few months ago....that's indeed about it other than customary things done on any refurb (carpet replacement, fixing odds and ends that needed repair, and planned ship maintenance items such as generators, engines, electrical system, etc.).

We enjoyed our time on INDY.

Having been on INDY just a few months ago....that's indeed about it other than customary things done on any refurb (carpet replacement, fixing odds and ends that needed repair, and planned ship maintenance items such as generators, engines, electrical system, etc.).

We enjoyed our time on INDY.

We are booked on Indy, for the 8 day cruise sailing February 14, 2015. Looking forward to it....we very much enjoyed when we cruised on Liberty, which is a sister ship in that class.

Does Indy have an OnAir lounge, like some of the other ships have?

If I remember reading the floor plan, the Diamond Lounge isn't overlooking the Promenade, as it was on our recent Allure cruise.

I am sure we will have a GREAT time, just like we did on Liberty.

Does Indy have an OnAir lounge, like some of the other ships have?

Yes, it's outside Studio B on deck 3.

If I remember reading the floor plan, the Diamond Lounge isn't overlooking the Promenade, as it was on our recent Allure cruise.

Correct, it's part of the Viking Crown, adjacent to Olive or Twist.

Yes, it's outside Studio B on deck 3.

Correct, it's part of the Viking Crown, adjacent to Olive or Twist.

We were just on Allure and they had the OnAir lounge right in the promenade...and used it each night for what it was designed for Karoake....it was wonderful. Even though it isn't in the promenade, I hope they use it for Karoake. When we were on Liberty, where they also had it just like you have described they did not use it for Karoake....Having seen it properly used on Allure, I hope they do use it for Karoake.

I was just off of the Indy. THere is a jade at dinner by the windjammer and they do have free sushi every night which was pretty good. On Air is outside studio B on 3. The diamond lounge is on 14 right by what they call Olive and Twist(Viking Crown Lounge). It gets VERY crowded at night, but Indy allows diamond member to get 3 free drinks any where on ship between I believe 5 and 8 30, so you can go any where.

We will be visiting Jade Sushi, quite a bit then.

Jade isn't a place you visit as much as it is merely a section of the Windjammer buffet that is Asian-oriented.

I would advise you not to expect the quality of sushi you'd get from Izumi at Jade. It's okay enough, but it's nothing fancy. Also, they usually only have a few varieties of sushi each night from which to choose.

Jade isn't a place you visit as much as it is merely a section of the Windjammer buffet that is Asian-oriented.

I would advise you not to expect the quality of sushi you'd get from Izumi at Jade. It's okay enough, but it's nothing fancy. Also, they usually only have a few varieties of sushi each night from which to choose.

I don't expect it to be Izumi, nor fancy and that is fine....as long as it is good. If it isn't as good as I hope it will be, then it will be a 'one stop by' visit. We enjoy sushi, so a few pieces everyday would be enjoyable for us. As far as it being a section of WJ, that makes it easier to be a visit, rather than a sit down dinner.

I was just off of the Indy. THere is a jade at dinner by the windjammer and they do have free sushi every night which was pretty good. On Air is outside studio B on 3. The diamond lounge is on 14 right by what they call Olive and Twist(Viking Crown Lounge). It gets VERY crowded at night, but Indy allows diamond member to get 3 free drinks any where on ship between I believe 5 and 8 30, so you can go any where.

I happen to enjoy the DL; I believe it is nice to be able to get drinks at the bar as well, especially if you are travelling with others who don't have the free drink perk -- it does make it easier to be together, without any problems.

On Allure it was overlooking the Promenade, not very large, but separate, and NEVER crowded. So with more overall passengers on Allure, and I am sure a large # of DL or higher, it never was crowded and we were in the DL almost every night.

I don't expect it to be Izumi, nor fancy and that is fine....as long as it is good. If it isn't as good as I hope it will be, then it will be a 'one stop by' visit. We enjoy sushi, so a few pieces everyday would be enjoyable for us. As far as it being a section of WJ, that makes it easier to be a visit, rather than a sit down dinner.

My experience was that the sushi was only available in the evening.

That is fine.....when you say 'in the evening' do you mean for example, would that mean after 5pm in the WJ?

The sushi was part of the dinner buffet in the WJ. It was almost the first item you would see in the line...just past the fruit and dishes and utensils.

I'm not a big sushi eater, but I did have some pieces and I liked them. They were mostly rice with vegetables....there were some sauces as well. I was on a B2B, and on the second cruise, I ate exclusively in the buffet. There was sushi every night.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks for all the updates, I can never understand why they (RCCL) dedicates that much space on a ship for cupcakes (JMHO), seems like someone wouldn't go on a cruise and want to take a cupcake class, I think it should be more like a cocktail/mocktail class :D

Thanks for all the updates, I can never understand why they (RCCL) dedicates that much space on a ship for cupcakes (JMHO), seems like someone wouldn't go on a cruise and want to take a cupcake class, I think it should be more like a cocktail/mocktail class :D

I feel the same way, but they must be making decent money on the venue because they keep putting them in.

I feel the same way, but they must be making decent money on the venue because they keep putting them in.

All those children tugging at their mom or dad as they walk past the Cupcake Cupboard multiple times a day, with pleas from the kiddies for another cupcake at $3.95 per cupcake. I am sure it is a financial bonanza. Drinkers will still drink.

I still fine it amazing that RCI manages to persuade people to pay for a cupcake on a ship that is loaded with food that is included in the cruise fare.

I still fine it amazing that RCI manages to persuade people to pay for a cupcake on a ship that is loaded with food that is included in the cruise fare.

I feel the same way about the snack foods (Pringles, etc.) in the shops on board.

Because if you hit the right 'food nerve' people will PAY for it.....the old adage of "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" has been re-written to say "the way to someone's wallet is through via their taste buds and eyes".

I love junk food like cupcakes, cookies, yet not very fancy desserts.....and I can find plenty on board ship, without hitting my sea pass card for sure.....you are so right!

I feel the same way about the snack foods (Pringles, etc.) in the shops on board.

You are so so right on this also. On Allure and Oasis, where they have the Park Café that serves those wonderful roast beef sandwiches has chips right there......I wouldn't spend on Pringles chips at home, never mind on a ship -- but that is me.