HAL's new Promo?

Vict0riann

There is a new "sale" on HAL's site - called "Seas the Day", with extra OBC. Our cruise is on it, but as we are now in the penalty phase, I imagine it's for new bookings only. Boo!

It's OK. You're helping other people with the information. :)

My cruise is only 10 days so it doesn't apply, but my cruise went down in price $200 per person. I had it repriced. I'm happy. My last cruise the price went down at least 5 times. It pays to check on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This would apply to our So. America cruise but it is for new bookings only. The price for a suite is $700 pp more than what we paid taking advantage of a prior special.:eek:

So you would be in a net loss position with this promo! That's what I meant when I said the pricing is high!

This would apply to our So. America cruise but it is for new bookings only. The price for a suite is $700 pp more than what we paid taking advantage of a prior special.:eek:

If you booked thru a TA, may be a good idea to call your TA and have them ask HAL for the promo credits even though it is supposed to be for new bookings - sometimes our TA's begging has worked for us in a similar situation.

There is a new "sale" on HAL's site - called "Seas the Day", with extra OBC. Our cruise is on it, but as we are now in the penalty phase, I imagine it's for new bookings only. Boo!

Thanks for posting this - contacted my TA and looks like we will get more OBC for our Canal transit in Jan on the Statendam.:D:D:D

This is why CC is so great.

We would ADD another $139 to each our fares with this new promo for our cruise at the end of August. We got a great price from the TA inititially and HAL hasn't come near to it since booking 7 months ago. Good for us. And a good reason not to book thru HAL.

Edited by eandj

We would ADD another $139 to each our fares with this new promo for our cruise at the end of August. We got a great price from the TA inititially and HAL hasn't come near to it since booking 7 months ago. Good for us. And a good reason not to book thru HAL.

So, if you paid the extra 139 pp, how much OBC would you actually qualify for??

Thanks for posting this - contacted my TA and looks like we will get more OBC for our Canal transit in Jan on the Statendam.:D:D:D

This is why CC is so great.

Me too! I've never had as much OBC as I have for this cruise! (Canal transit, Statendam in January 2015)

Jane,

I returned from the TA after making my final payment, looked at the promo and called my TA . It was for new bookings and we are in penalty phase. Our category is not listed. TA called HAL and asked what they could do. HAL added another $100 to the OBC we got with a previous sale.:)

It doesn't hurt to ask!

Karen

Jane,

I returned from the TA after making my final payment, looked at the promo and called my TA . It was for new bookings and we are in penalty phase. Our category is not listed. TA called HAL and asked what they could do. HAL added another $100 to the OBC we got with a previous sale.:)

It doesn't hurt to ask!

Karen

Thanks Karen, e-mail sent to TA

Could someone explain "penalty phase"?

Good question! I was under the impression that you could cancel up to final payment date , but apparently that isn't true. TA said our penalty phase started July 5 with final payment due Aug. 4. So you can cancel, but won't get all your down payment money back. I am sure somewhere on the HAL website the price structure is explained.

We have never had to cancel, but have always purchased insurance (not from HAL) within 2 weeks of booking for pre existing health condition...I asked exactly what do they consider "pre existing"...could be something as simple as a cholesterol condition! or a relative's condition.

Karen

Loreto might be right for cruises where the final payment is due later than normal. Does anyone know for sure?

I found the schedule stapled to my initial booking. My cruise departs Nov. 2

Cancellation Fee Schedule:

July 5, 2014 $300 pp 120-91 days before commencing travel

Aug.4, 2014 60% of gross fare 90-76 days

Aug. 19, 2014 100% gross fare 75 days or less

the requirements are less for shorter cruises:

75-57 days before departure: deposit

56-29...50% of gross fare

28-16...75%

15 days or less...100%

So it does vary by cruise length...info found in the cruise catalog under "details, details"

Karen