A Year Ago....

TheDivineMrsM

Last year about this time I started gathering information about taking a cruise. Someone suggested this site and wow, has it ever proved beneficial. I've gleaned an incredible amount of advice starting with what kind of room to book (we went with a balcony in the middle of the ship) to understanding the dining set-up, drink packages, tipping and alcohol policies, packing and excursion questions and even door decorating, which, yes, I have already created a small something to post on our door; I love that we can show a touch of our personalities (husband, son and I) in that way.

So I'd like to thank everyone who's taken time to answer the many big and small questions I've asked and for all the details you've shared about your own experiences. I realize we may still encounter a glitch or two along the way on our cruise, but the knowledge gained from this website will allow us an enjoyable trip in ways that wouldn't have been possible without this forum.

Setting sail next month. Thanks all!

:)Arrrgh! Sparks beat me to it (good job) .... Yes, pay it forward. When you come back, hop on the forums and help out all the "newbies". Especially while everything is fresh in your mind.

Last year about this time I started gathering information about taking a cruise. Someone suggested this site and wow, has it ever proved beneficial. I've gleaned an incredible amount of advice starting with what kind of room to book (we went with a balcony in the middle of the ship) to understanding the dining set-up, drink packages, tipping and alcohol policies, packing and excursion questions and even door decorating, which, yes, I have already created a small something to post on our door; I love that we can show a touch of our personalities (husband, son and I) in that way.

So I'd like to thank everyone who's taken time to answer the many big and small questions I've asked and for all the details you've shared about your own experiences. I realize we may still encounter a glitch or two along the way on our cruise, but the knowledge gained from this website will allow us an enjoyable trip in ways that wouldn't have been possible without this forum.

Setting sail next month. Thanks all!

Once you have taken that first cruise, you will be hooked.

Do come back and tell us all about your cruise.