That old'hair dryer' question again!

Grandma Gilly

Indeed. The hand helds in the drawer are much better quality than the ones that used to be posted on the wall in the bathroom.

These days I have short hair but when I had long (thick, wavy) hair those ones on the wall were useless. The handhelds were do-able.

Not that I have the patience to really dry my hair ... even when it is short!

Mura

The handheld ones have worked fine for me, although I managed to blow out the first one I had on Marina the very first night on board the minute I turned it on.

Fortunately, it was replaced immediately.

First time on Riviera next week and just want to check that there are decent hairdryers in the cabins, not those awful 'vacuum cleaner style' ones.

Indeed. The hand helds in the drawer are much better quality than the ones that used to be posted on the wall in the bathroom.

Can't speak for Riviera, but on Nautica earlier this summer, the vacuum style ones WERE still on the wall in the bathroom. Fortunately, we also found a hand held either in a drawer or hanging in a bag in the closet (can't recall specifically.)

The O class ships do NOT have the wall mounted hair dryers

The R Ship do as well as the hand held ones

It may be more of a problem to remove the older style from the R-ships

The O class ships do NOT have the wall mounted hair dryers

The R Ship do as well as the hand held ones

It may be more of a problem to remove the older style from the R-ships

Yes, they would have to supply something to fill in the very large empty space that would be left on the wall! :)

Edited by CintiPam

I have definitely spoiled myself on the Oceania cruises I've been on and opted to have my hair washed and styled in the salon. It is an extravagance for sure with the prices charged, but I think of it as an extra little perk when on a cruise vacation:):) And I've always been pleased with the stylists I've had.

Hi

I really need a hand held dryer + a diffuser. We are on Nautica this trip and I hope to find a hairdryer in the drawer,will take my diffuser and attach it with elastic bands (nearly got concussion on Marina when the diffuser fell on my head!!!!)

regards

Josie:p

Hi

I really need a hand held dryer + a diffuser. We are on Nautica this trip and I hope to find a hairdryer in the drawer,will take my diffuser and attach it with elastic bands (nearly got concussion on Marina when the diffuser fell on my head!!!!)

regards

It will be there, as will the wall mounted one. So don't panic when you see the wall mounted one- just check the drawers and you WILL find a hand held

Hi

I really need a hand held dryer + a diffuser. We are on Nautica this trip and I hope to find a hairdryer in the drawer

If you cannot find one in your cabin just ask housekeeping to get you one

Some room staff seem to hide them in different areas ...on one cruise it was on the top shelf but had gotten pushed to the back where I could not see it

Lyn

We just returned from the Marina and my wife had problems with the hand held hair dryer. She had to replace two of them as they just kept shutting off. She does have long hair, however, and it takes a while to dry her hair.