Opened liquids

We are embarking on our cruise in about a week. We want to blow bubbles off of our balcony during sail away (I know, how immature :rolleyes:). What is Royals policy on opened liquid containers? The bottles are about double the size of wedding bubbles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We are embarking on our cruise in about a week. We want to blow bubbles off of our balcony during sail away (I know, how immature :rolleyes:). What is Royals policy on opened liquid containers? The bottles are about double the size of wedding bubbles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm sure that's against RCI's rules.

I've never had a problem with opened liquid containers. Most of my toiletries will already be opened or easy to open when boarding. Just pack it in your toiletry bag, I can't see this being an issue.

Have a great cruise :)

Bubble liquid is actually not on the prohibited items list, but I would ask you to think about it. Bubble soap is very slippery when dropped/spilled on deck (even though it is your own balcony). Also, should the bubbles burst in another passenger's eye, well, that's not very pleasant, not to mention messy and sticky if they land on windows and railings. :(

To answer your specific question, there is no guideline for open liquids unless it is a beverage of some sort.

I love having fun as much as the next person but I would not bring bubbles onboard a ship.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I always bring bubble soap for my balcony, most people enjoy them. I even had the Captain wave at me while using the bubbles on my balcony. He seemed to enjoy them

Take your bubbles and enjoy your cruise.

Shirtee

Bubble liquid is actually not on the prohibited items list, but I would ask you to think about it. Bubble soap is very slippery when dropped/spilled on deck (even though it is your own balcony). Also, should the bubbles burst in another passenger's eye, well, that's not very pleasant, not to mention messy and sticky if they land on windows and railings. :(

To answer your specific question, there is no guideline for open liquids unless it is a beverage of some sort.

I love having fun as much as the next person but I would not bring bubbles onboard a ship.

OMG!:eek:

I may get flamed for this but Oh well. This is what is wrong with America now days. I say bring your bubbles and have a blast. Royal pressure washes the decks while in port and I am pretty sure you are responsible enough to clean it off you deck if so happens it spills.

I may get flamed for this but Oh well. This is what is wrong with America now days. I say bring your bubbles and have a blast. Royal pressure washes the decks while in port and I am pretty sure you are responsible enough to clean it off you deck if so happens it spills.

Agreed!

We've brought bubbles before, and blew them both from our balcony, and from the open deck up top, during sailaway. We weren't the only people with bubbles either. There were no problems or complaints at all. In fact, others wanted to join in and asked where we got the bubbles, etc!

Edited by DonnaK

That's fine, you guys. :) Obviously the printed words came across differently than what was in my heart. If you've ever had a bubble pop in your eye, you know it stings like heck. ;)

Anyhoo, I'm taking a little break from the boards. Things are difficult and I'm working some stuff out. OP, enjoy your bubbles and your cruise. :)

I've never had a problem with opened liquid containers. Most of my toiletries will already be opened or easy to open when boarding. Just pack it in your toiletry bag, I can't see this being an issue.

Have a great cruise :)

This can go in my carry on, right? I just hope some security officer doesn't think I have shots in there ;)

Edited by kwazi07

We usually blow bubbles at sailaway. Never had a problem- others seem to enjoy them. I don't think enough even gets on the deck to make it slippery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I always bring bubble soap for my balcony, most people enjoy them. I even had the Captain wave at me while using the bubbles on my balcony. He seemed to enjoy them

Take your bubbles and enjoy your cruise.

Shirtee

We live in a nanny state...

The poster you quoted is in Canada.

That's fine, you guys. :) Obviously the printed words came across differently than what was in my heart. If you've ever had a bubble pop in your eye, you know it stings like heck. ;)

Anyhoo, I'm taking a little break from the boards. Things are difficult and I'm working some stuff out. OP, enjoy your bubbles and your cruise. :)

Oh no. :eek::confused:

Yea...but no. That's not what's wrong with America today but that's for another blog. :rolleyes: