Bathroom amenities - a 'welcome' change

PescadoAmarillo

I really liked the eucalyptus scent..shampoo and lotion.. I really dislike the new combo in the dispensers..in addition to saving $$ on the individual bottles, with many of us now bringing our own sundries to use.. Princess will save even more $$ .. Perhaps that's all their plan to increase their revenue/profit..I actually came back "new" with the old scent!

I just cruised on the CP and did not get any of the above mentioned Elite amenities except a tube on lotion..missed the lip balm!:o

Seriously? A dispenser in the shower is considered an improvement with no bath soap available? Yuck!

Follow the money. This is just Princess being cheap.

I agree. Said dispensers IMO can literally be a 'Pain in the Butt'.

john

On my last couple of cruises, I had to ask for the Elite bathroom amenities. I wonder if the stewards are told to withhold them unless asked??? :confused:

I, too, bring my own shampoo/conditioner and soap. The stuff in the dispensers is not to my liking at all. Loved the old eucalyptus bath gel and hand lotion. Bringing home the remnant of the old bar soap could remind me of cruising for a while after the cruise!

it surprises me how you all liked the eucalyptus. I was not a fan.

this news flash is about a year too late, isn't that when they first switched over? the only difference I see is that it sounds like they are bringing back the elite amenities that they stopped handing out...I miss the little sewing kits.

it surprises me how you all liked the eucalyptus. I was not a fan.

this news flash is about a year too late, isn't that when they first switched over? the only difference I see is that it sounds like they are bringing back the elite amenities that they stopped handing out...I miss the little sewing kits.

I wasn't that crazy about the scent but it did work well. I have a few home of the bars of soap. Back in the day they used to replace even if not used up so I did take them back with me!

We always ask the cabin steward for extra bars of soap at the same time we ask for extra hangers. Any trip over 7 days we bring our own shampoo and conditioner. Only completed 2 Elite cruises and the bathroom amenities appeared over a period of a few days, took awhile to get the complete set. Dumb question but ... what is the purpose of the linen spray? Cheers.

I wondered about that too. Could it be to spray on your bed sheets to keep them smelling fresh between changes? Thinking sort of like Febreeze? Don't think I would use it though.

Edited by bigenna

The only time I ever got the sewing kit was when I was in a suite, so it's hard for me to miss them but if I could count on getting them, I could leave my own sewing kit at home.

I do miss the linen mist when it isn't available. I always ask for more and sometimes will get an extra one. For the person asking about the linen mist, my theory is that is is sprayed on your linen for a light fresh scent, but I'm not really 100% sure.

I assumed the linen spray was meant for a bathroom deodorizer and that's how have I used it. Seems to work pretty well, IMO.

I too really miss the quality of the eucalyptus products, as well as the fresh scent.

The new shower gel is thin and it requites a lot of "squirts" of it into my washcloth to be able to work up a decent lather.

I miss the individual bottles of shampoo and conditioner because that allowed me to decide if or how much conditioning I wanted for my hair.

"Suite guests also receive an array of additional amenities including bath salts, eye gel mask, sizzle mitt, shower cap, lip balm, emery board, linen spray, cotton balls and Q-tips"

The addition of a "SIZZLE MITT" has made the extra money we shelled out for a suite on our upcoming ALASKA cruise, totally worth it!!! Color me there! Eat your hearts out mini-suites!

Last December on the Royal I had THE hair disaster. The new shampoo/conditioner frizzed me out and then my personal blow dryer had a fit over that and broke leaving me with (gasp) the blow dryer in the drawer!!! Of course I made the best of it and had an awesome time. In March I was on the Ruby and came prepared! Shampoo, conditioner & new blow dryer however I happen to go to the ladies changing room by the Sanctuary pool and found REGULAR conditioner in the shower. Can anyone on the Regal check this out and confirm if they have the conditioner too? Count me in as liking the eucalyptis :)

"In all stateroom categories (except full suites), the Shower Gel and Shampoo & Conditioner are presented in a modern and elegant shower dispenser."

So, suite passengers do not deserve having a "modern and elegant shower dispenser."

"In all stateroom categories (except full suites), the Shower Gel and Shampoo & Conditioner are presented in a modern and elegant shower dispenser."

So, suite passengers do not deserve having a "modern and elegant shower dispenser."

We had the "Modern Elegant dispenser" in our Full Suite onboard the Ruby in February.:confused:

Mike:)