Double cruise credits for an upsell to a suite?

CruisingJs

Even if you don't get the extra points, you will get all the full suite perks and that,alone, is worth the extra you pay. see the Captain's Circle host or hostess after you board and he/she may be able to credit you the extra point.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to. I called but was told the extra credit was only for those that pay full fare for a suite; complimentary upgrades and upsells are not eligible for the extra credit. When I questioned her source for that information she read it to me right out of the manual. :o

I need to talk to somebody who doesn't know the manual.

Try talking to a Captain's Circle person. They are the ones with the power to give you an additional credit. The first person I talked to didn't even know what an upsell was but the Captain's Circle lady was clear that they give an extra credit when booking a suite with an upsell.

I called Princess earlier this evening, and was told upsells only get one credit, but I was welcome to write to Customer Relations. I did, and will wait a few days for the response.

Hoping I can get the second credit, as I will be 4 away from Elite. This credit will put my husband at Platinum.

Call back. The last time I got an answer from Princess that was lame I just waited 10 minutes and called back and got someone else. (I also pressed a different number on the menu.) The second person was happy to fix my problem. With Princess it's usually worth the effort to simply call back and try again.

Just talked to Princess re credit for upsale: no go. Think we will talk to

Princess captain circle rep on our cruise in Sept.

I'm surprised by this. The first person I talked to didn't know anything about this but she transferred me to the Captain's Circle person and she told me you can't get an extra credit for an upgrade but you can for an upsell (to a suite). Don't give up. I think talking to Captain's Circle person on your next cruise is a good idea.

I had an upsell on the Ruby in March. It only showed as 1 cruise. I called Princess after the cruise and got the second credit.

I did the same thing after our March cruise. I called the main number and pressed whichever number got me to Captain's Circle. The rep took care of it on the spot.

Thank you to my fellow cruise critic members for pointing out that upsell to suite gets you 2 credits! My mom and I are cruising in October and we had sailed to Hawaii in an upsell suite last year. Our personalizers only showed one credit for that sailing, so I called Princess and they took care of adding a credit to each of our records while I waited on the phone. Mom had been a Ruby but is now a Platinum and will benefit from the move up for our October cruise! I was already Platinum, so no change in status for me, but it does get me one credit closer to Elite.

You guys are the best!!!

Marianne

:):):)

Can someone please post the number to the Captian's Circle host? If I call the main number, I cannot seem to get the rep to sent the call to the Captians Circle. I would love a direct line or at least a helpful hint! Thanks, friends.

Can someone please post the number to the Captian's Circle host? If I call the main number, I cannot seem to get the rep to sent the call to the Captians Circle. I would love a direct line or at least a helpful hint! Thanks, friends.

I don't know if they have one. Since there wasn't a choice for that on the main Princess menu I just told the rep my issue and she contacted the Captain's Cirlce host who then came on the line. Maybe if you explain the issue and just say it is your understanding that you need to speak to a Captain's Circle host. I really, really, really wish they provided consistent training for the people who answer their phones.

Can someone please post the number to the Captian's Circle host?

I don't know if they have one.

I have not been able to find one either even though a list of benefits (starting at the Ruby level) says:

Exclusive Shoreside Access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk Phone Line

Enjoy access to the exclusive shoreside phone number for contacting the Captain’s Circle Help Desk. Your call will be routed quickly through to the Membership desk to discuss your cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Captain’s Circle related questions you may have.

One of the options on the main menu USED to be a Captain's Circle rep but the menu has changed. Now you have to get a rep--any rep--and they will transfer you to the Captain's Circle desk.

When I tried that, the rep said it was not allowed. The rep then called the CC desk for me and came back with the answer.

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]We have had 3 upsells to suites in a row! :D We feel very fortunate and really enjoy being pampered. Once after a recent cruise, ;) I had to call and ask why we hadn't received the double credit and it was immediately corrected. :) Just remember to check you Personalizer Info when you get back! :rolleyes:[/FONT][/B]

[quote name='RetiredNTraveling'][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]We have had 3 upsells to suites in a row! :D We feel very fortunate and really enjoy being pampered. Once after a recent cruise, ;) I had to call and ask why we hadn't received the double credit and it was immediately corrected. :) Just remember to check you Personalizer Info when you get back! :rolleyes:[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

You must be living right to be so lucky! We've only had the one offer but I would do another one anytime.

Don't take this the wrong way but since we only book suites and have never received a price drop, I really feel they shouldn't allow double the credits. That has been the case with upgrades. Yes, I know you have to pay something for upsells but it is not any where close to what full paying customers do. And since it is their policy, I have no say. We book GS's many times and for what we pay for them, I think loyalty should be on dollars spent. I had to laugh at one of the captain's parties, the most traveled man got up and said "well, it only took me $45,000 to get free laundry". I looked at my wife and we both laughed since our cabin on that cruise was $22,000. But that will never happen. We are fortunate that we are able to do what we do.

I think days traveled would be better. Then they could give double the days for suites no matter how much you paid. Two day cruise would get 4 days and so on. We have been elite for a long time and number of cruises or days really doesn't concern me but just thought I'd bring it up. Have you ever been on a plane and the person next to you asked what you paid for the fare? Wow, talk about different prices!!!!

Someone mentioned that many of us old elites are getting up in age and may not be cruising that much longer (and as someone else also said - they know the tricks and don't spend much extra). Princess needs new cruisers so if this helps more people get to elite, then that helps their bottom dollar. Edited by mysaddlebred000

• 3 months later...
We just got an upsell to a suite on our 5-day that leaves Nov. 15 and the upsell rep said we would get 2 credits. But our personalizer shows just one on our list under future cruises. We just called Princess and the customer service rep said we would get the other credit after we sailed. Does that sound right? Or will we probably have to call back after we get back to ask for the other credit?

[quote name='pompeii']We just got an upsell to a suite on our 5-day that leaves Nov. 15 and the upsell rep said we would get 2 credits. But our personalizer shows just one on our list under future cruises. We just called Princess and the customer service rep said we would get the other credit after we sailed. Does that sound right? Or will we probably have to call back after we get back to ask for the other credit?[/QUOTE]

I recently got an upsell, and the Princess rep told me approximately the same thing. She said I would get two credits but the computer does not do it automatically for upsells. She said that I would have to call back after the cruise was complete to request them.

[quote name='pompeii']We just got an upsell to a suite on our 5-day that leaves Nov. 15 and the upsell rep said we would get 2 credits. But our personalizer shows just one on our list under future cruises. We just called Princess and the customer service rep said we would get the other credit after we sailed. Does that sound right? Or will we probably have to call back after we get back to ask for the other credit?[/QUOTE]The Personalizer reflects the original booking. After a completed cruise, it should update. If it doesn't, call and get it updated.

[quote name='mysaddlebred000']Don't take this the wrong way but since we only book suites and have never received a price drop, I really feel they shouldn't allow double the credits. That has been the case with upgrades. Yes, I know you have to pay something for upsells but it is not any where close to what full paying customers do. [/QUOTE]

If this were the case, then status would be based on how much one pays. Only wealthier people would be Elite. The reason the loyalty programs work is that even the passenger in the inside cabin knows he can someday reach Elite without spending more than he can afford.

We had an upsell from a mini to a suite for our last cruise in October. I knew that we should get the extra credit but when we returned home our personaliser was still showing as one credit each.

I phoned Princess here in Australia and first of all they didn't have a clue about the extra credit but they did phone Princess in the U.S. and after a few days we were given the extra credit. It doesn't show as two credits for the cruise but as two cruises as they didn't know here how to add the extra credit to the computer!

With regard to always cruising in a Suite and not getting extra points over those who take an upsell. How about those who only go on 2-3 day cruises and become Elite so much quicker than those of us who take long cruises! It all evens out in the end and I wouldn't waste time worrying about how everyone has managed to become Elite! As long as we have the means to be able to travel and are healthy then that is all that matters. We all spend our money in different ways and there are those of us who prefer to travel more often than go Business or First on a plane or take a Suite over a Mini Suite.

Jennie

After taking advantage of an upsell last year we contacted Princess about this.
I have cut & pasted the email response from Princess (dated Jan 2014). They did give us the additional credit but suite upsells are NOT eligible for the 2 credits. See below:

Thank you for your recent email. The Princess Captain's Circle Loyalty Program calculates our past passengers' loyalty status based on the number of cruise credits the passenger has earned OR the number of days they've spent onboard - whichever the guest reached first.
Passengers who complete one cruise receive one cruise credit for that cruise. Each booking number represents one credit.
Passengers who pay for and sail in a full suite (excludes mini-suites) receive two cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.*
Passengers who pay the single/exclusive occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin receive two cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.*
Passengers who pay for and sail in a full suite (excludes mini-suites), pay the single/exclusive occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin receive three cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.*
Passengers do not move up tiers mid-cruise. If a passenger completes the necessary number of days during a voyage, they move up to the next level of membership on their next voyage.
Multiple cruise credits for sailing in a full suite and/or sailing at the exclusive occupancy fare became effective with sailings beginning on or after December 7, 2008.
*Please note, an upsell or complimentary upgrade to a full suite does not receive the multiple cruise credits.

We hope this answered your question. If it has not, or you have further comments, please contact 1-800-PRINCESS. A list of prompts will direct you to the appropriate department that can further assist. If your region is serviced by another office, we recommend you to contact one of the following locations for further assistance: Australia (1300 300 528), New Zealand (0800 444 786), or the UK (0845 3 555 800).

Sincerely,

Captain’s Circle Department
Princess Cruises
[email]captainscircle@princesscruises.com[/email]
1-800-PRINCESS Option 7

Hope this helps,
Michelle :) Edited by MickeyGD