Norwegian to offer "All Inclusive"

LOVEMYMO

OK Confused by all of the comments…..so its per person, and I am guessing that every one in the cabin would need to sign up so were talking almost 4000 for for of us.

We are just off the DAWN and my entire bill was not even close to that and I had some drinkers with us….dose not sound like a good deal…

Thanks for all of the info on the board...

OK - thank you. I was confused because people were saying this all inclusive covers the gratuities on the UDP.

It basically does, because the all-inclusive covers service charges, and the standard service charges cover specialty restaurants, with or without UDP.

OK Confused by all of the comments…..so its per person, and I am guessing that every one in the cabin would need to sign up so were talking almost 4000 for for of us.

We are just off the DAWN and my entire bill was not even close to that and I had some drinkers with us….dose not sound like a good deal…

Thanks for all of the info on the board...

Assuming you are talking about possibly doing the all-inclusive package for your upcoming Dawn cruise, and assuming there are four of you (that's what I take your post to mean) - it would be $3596 ($899 x 4), not $4000. Additionally, you need to factor in the 10% off your cruise fare that you are granted if you choose the A/I package. I'm not sure what category you are booked in so I can't price that out. Additionally, if you had intended to otherwise purchase any of the other perks that come with the package, all in all, you just might come out ahead. Here are the complete terms and conditions, if you haven't seen them:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=allinclusiveterms

It's not for everyone, obviously - but it's worth looking in to just in case. Again, I think NCL was genius in offering this option.

Edited by azgkrudi

Most likely this is not for us. And for some reason it makes me a little sad. What about Freestyle and doing what you wish when you wish. With this package one could feel obligated to do all these things and eat and drink a lot.

"No honey, we paid for the specialty restaurants so we are not going to grab something from the buffet and bring it back to cabin."

With the Haven passengers and the all inclusive passengers will that make the rest of us steerage:eek:

IMO, all-inclusive sounds like a good enough deal... if you are a heavy eater and drinker and like shore excursions and internet and all that stuff. blow that 849 on upgrading to a courtyard penthouse and you wont regret it- instead of a balcony and all inclusive.

p.s. I have stayed in The Haven seven times, never felt pressured to do anything, I like the idea because it prevents the lazier half of teens who don't care for piggybackign out (my one time in a balcony- never again.)

Edited by Cruisingadvice101
p.s.

Assuming you are talking about possibly doing the all-inclusive package for your upcoming Dawn cruise, and assuming there are four of you (that's what I take your post to mean) - it would be $3596 ($899 x 4), not $4000. Additionally, you need to factor in the 10% off your cruise fare that you are granted if you choose the A/I package. I'm not sure what category you are booked in so I can't price that out. Additionally, if you had intended to otherwise purchase any of the other perks that come with the package, all in all, you just might come out ahead. Here are the complete terms and conditions, if you haven't seen them:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=allinclusiveterms

It's not for everyone, obviously - but it's worth looking in to just in case. Again, I think NCL was genius in offering this option.

hey, isnt 10% off of a $15k plus garden villa bill a bit worthwile? seems weird that there is no technical limit on it, i would exploit that in an instant, and will most likely next time I decide norwegian after october, probably a while, but i will.

hey, isnt 10% off of a $15k plus garden villa bill a bit worthwile? seems weird that there is no technical limit on it, i would exploit that in an instant, and will most likely next time I decide norwegian after october, probably a while, but i will.

As long as you book by Aug. 29, which is when the all-inclusive promotion is going away. As far as I know, there haven't been any announcements yet about continuing the program for bookings made after that date.

As long as you book by Aug. 29, which is when the all-inclusive promotion is going away. As far as I know, there haven't been any announcements yet about continuing the program for bookings made after that date.

I am sure it will become permanent, maybe with some tweaks to it but to NCL it's cash in the bank and most people will not fully utilize it.

I am sure it will become permanent, maybe with some tweaks to it but to NCL it's cash in the bank and most people will not fully utilize it.

Of course. I'm sure it will as well, but for now <insert repeat of my post here>.

Edited by LrgPizza

IMO, all-inclusive sounds like a good enough deal... if you are a heavy eater and drinker and like shore excursions and internet and all that stuff. blow that 849 on upgrading to a courtyard penthouse and you wont regret it- instead of a balcony and all inclusive.

p.s. I have stayed in The Haven seven times, never felt pressured to do anything, I like the idea because it prevents the lazier half of teens who don't care for piggybackign out (my one time in a balcony- never again.)

Those 2 options aren't even close to the same price for my cruise. You're talking $899 for all inclusive vs $1600 for the villa upgrade (pp).

Just read this post...we booked the all inclusive as soon as it came out.

In addition to including your stateroom at a 10% discount, it includes:

Ultimate Dining Package

Ultimate Beverage Package

Bottles of water for your vacation

Gratuities associates with package and Service Charges

Shore excursion credit of $200 per person on 6+ day cruises (or $100 per person on 3-5 day cruises)

250 Minute internet package

10% off cruise fare

1 Bottle of wine

Bingo session (3 games)

20 Photos, any size

Chocolate covered strawberries

Granted...the only items we would spend $ from this list are the Ultimate Beverage Package, excursions, and gratuities.

Without the All Inclusive, we would actually spend $3884.02 for the room, excursion, beverage package, gratuities, & tax & fees.

With the all inclusive we are paying $3599.16 Saving $284.86

With this we are getting everything else on the list that we would not get for the sake of saving $$. Though I'm sure we would have caved in and gotten the pictures...though not 20 lol

Edited by TravelinFam

Just saw this and hoping to get opinions as to whether it is worth it or not to you?

Norwegian: New All-Inclusive Package

on 30 July 2014.

Norwegian Cruise Line is debuting a new All-Inclusive package, providing guests another way to customize their cruise vacation.

Representing more than $2,400 in value per stateroom, Norwegian’s All-Inclusive package is a first for major cruise lines, and is available for a limited time for all 2015 sailings fleetwide (see fine print), for new reservations made from August 4, 2014 through August 29, 2014. The comprehensive package includes signature dining, alcoholic beverages, unlimited soda, shore excursions, internet access, service charges and more.

“Based on the popularity of our Fly, Cruise and Stay vacations, along with our onboard dining and beverage packages, we are now offering the first All-Inclusive package for our guests who want to experience all that the freedom and flexibility of Freestyle Cruising has to offer,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “Always an innovator, we are making it easy for those that want everything included in their cruise vacation with the option of our All-Inclusive package.”

The All-Inclusive package is available for 2015 sailings from three to 14 days in length, is priced by the number of days, and is available for all stateroom categories, including the Haven by Norwegian. When adding the All-Inclusive to a selected cruise, guests receive 10 percent off the cruise fare.

For a seven-day cruise, the $899 package includes the Ultimate Dining package; the Ultimate Beverage package; shore excursion credit of $200 per person, pre-paid daily service charges; a 250-minute Internet package per person; 20 photos of any size; chocolate-covered strawberries; a bottle of wine; one bingo session and six bottles of water. For cruises from three to five days, the shore excursion credit is $100 per person; and for sailings from 9-14 days, the package includes 12 bottles of water.

As part of the All-Inclusive offer, Norwegian’s Ultimate Dining package provides complimentary access to one of the line’s specialty restaurants every night of the cruise, including Cagney’s, the popular steakhouse; French bistro, Italian restaurant, Moderno Churrascaria, Asian-Fusion restaurant and more. The Ultimate Beverage package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and on Norwegian’s private island, Great Stirrup Cay.

Norwegian Cruise Line has extended the deadline for booking its all-inclusive package to September 30. Among other amenities, the $899 per person, seven-night package comes with a 10 percent cruise fare discount, six bottles of water, shore excursion credit of up to $200, 250 minutes prepaid Internet access, as well as the ultimate beverage and ultimate dining packages.

Thank you. I am waiting to book a one and two bedroom for 10 people on Deck 16 in the Haven on Breakaway for Summer 2016. Although I wouldn't normally use the internet and I book my own shore excursions and do my own pics, I do have to price this out with the 10% discount and the cost of the UBP and UDP since we would be purchasing those either way. But I guess it wont matter if not extended since Summer 2016 wont come out until I guess this promotion is done.

If buying cruise insurance, for cancellation, what do you use as the cruise cost?

As I understand the AI package it is fully refundable until the cruise date. If so, it seems like one could reduce the invoice amount by the cost of the AI and still be insuring the full amount of the cruise.

I just called to try and add this to my January Dawn cruise. The rep gave me a hard time and eventually I ended up not doing it. We are booked in an aft penthouse suite and they have been sold out for months. The rep couldn't comprehend that she couldn't get a "current market price" since I would have to cancel and rebook it. Well I went back and forth and eventually she said the only was was to cancel it, then rebook it quickly and hope that no one else grabbed the room during the few minutes it takes. And she couldn't give me the fare without canceling so I didn't want to risk it since I have a great price.

Has anyone else had issues adding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked and paid deposit on 2br Haven Suite for Jewel in January for 2 adults. After, I signed onto MY NCL and pre-paid gratuities, purchased the drink package and purchased the specialty dining package.

THEN, I read about the ALL-INCLUSIVE package.

So, I called the travel agent and told her what I found. She called NCL and re-booked with all-inclusive package. She was happy because she got more $$$. I was happy because I got a refund on grats, drinks and dining package PLUS I saved 10% on cruise and got all of the above plus internet and wine and $200 shore excursion credit.

OVERALL, it was cheaper to do all-incl package by $13 per person than my first booking AND I get the $200 shorex credit AND I get increased OBC from travel agent!

Too bad the all-inclusive special expires in 2 days... but I bet we will see it again!

Jen

I booked and paid deposit on 2br Haven Suite for Jewel in January for 2 adults. After' date=' I signed onto MY NCL and pre-paid gratuities, purchased the drink package and purchased the specialty dining package.

THEN, I read about the ALL-INCLUSIVE package.

So, I called the travel agent and told her what I found. She called NCL and re-booked with all-inclusive package. She was happy because she got more $$$. I was happy because I got a refund on grats, drinks and dining package PLUS I saved 10% on cruise and got all of the above plus internet and wine and $200 shore excursion credit.

OVERALL, it was cheaper to do all-incl package by $13 per person than my first booking AND I get the $200 shorex credit AND I get increased OBC from travel agent!

Too bad the all-inclusive special expires in 2 days... but I bet we will see it again!

Jen[/quote']

But did you keep the $300 OBC that NCL gives? Because I was told I would lose they to cancel and rebook since I'm less than 9 months out now.

I just called to try and add this to my January Dawn cruise. The rep gave me a hard time and eventually I ended up not doing it. We are booked in an aft penthouse suite and they have been sold out for months. The rep couldn't comprehend that she couldn't get a "current market price" since I would have to cancel and rebook it. Well I went back and forth and eventually she said the only was was to cancel it, then rebook it quickly and hope that no one else grabbed the room during the few minutes it takes. And she couldn't give me the fare without canceling so I didn't want to risk it since I have a great price.

Has anyone else had issues adding it?

No issues at all. My PCC, added the package by rebooking in a matter of seconds really. No need to worry about losing your cabin if they know what they are doing. I did not lose my OBC because my cruise is still over 9 months out. My guess would be, not only will you lose your OBC but you will also lose the extra latitude points if you rebook. Just something to think about.

That said, there is a current promotion, which the All-In is compatible with. I believe you would get $150.00 in OBC for your category.

You can do a mock booking yourself on NCL and see what you would end up with. Just make sure you use the ALLIN code when checking.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

Another thing to consider, you're most likely going to pay more on that cabin, at the current price. That coupled with the loss in OBC will more than likely completely offset your 10% savings on the cabin. You may just be better off buying the UDP and UBP if you're interested in that.

In case any are still wondering how much ncl charges for 20 photos, I did just see on our cruise on the Jewel a sign sitting on the counter in the photo gallery that said, "20 photos -- $199.00."

That's it, though. Nothing about what size that's for, though.

This appears to only be available throught the USA website. No sign of it on the UK site. Am I OK to book through the USA .com one?

I am looking at a Getaway Haven Aft Suite for the eight day 7th Nov 2015 sailing and the price inc all inclusive is coming in at $3772 (£2250 approx) each. But when you take into account this will include total OBC of $850 and with UBP, UDP and the combined 500 mins of internet as well we'll not possibly spend any more on excursions - it seems like a good deal.

Just not confident booking through the USA site in case they turn round and say we can't do it after the fact - why are us Brits being excluded?

In case any are still wondering how much ncl charges for 20 photos, I did just see on our cruise on the Jewel a sign sitting on the counter in the photo gallery that said, "20 photos -- $199.00."

That's it, though. Nothing about what size that's for, though.

Thanks for the info.

Wow' date=' you can unlimited amounts of booze but only 6 bottle of water...:eek:

Didn't notice there was a limit.:rolleyes:

As for the 10% you really can't tell if you're getting it or not. :cool:

Receiving 20 Photos any size does sound like a nice perk.[/quote']

It was $199 for 20 photos last week on the Breakaway. That was the package.