Robes from Gifts & Gear?

My boyfriend has somehow never owned a robe, and has expressed that he would really love one. I thought it would be really neat to order him one to be waiting in our stateroom, to commemerate what will be his first-ever cruise.

They have two listed, with a $30 difference. I was just wondering if anyone has either one, and what they think of it? Also, one of the C&A agents I spoke to on the phone said that if it didn't fit, it could be tailored onboard for free. I had to raise an eyebrow at that... Does the onboard laundry service also do minor tailoring?? I'm just worried about the robe being too long.

Would love to hear anyone's experiences! :)

My wife likes the waffle robe because it's a bit lighter and cooler than the terry robe.

That was exactly my thinking, Bob... especially since it's roughly 1000 degrees here a good nine months out of the year. :rolleyes: I'm afraid he wouldn't get much use out of the other one if it's too thick and fluffy. I just wish they gave more info on the website, such as length!

Edited by crazy4themouse

The waffle one will also be a lot lighter to carry home. I personally like the terry ones after a shower but don't have to take it home. Wouldn't worry about the length. I'm just under 5'4" and have no problem.

A nice thought but you might want to wait until you board to decide on your purchase (and yes you can wait)...other than the weight consideration if flying...you might find him a nicer one in your home town.

The waffle one will also be a lot lighter to carry home. I personally like the terry ones after a shower but don't have to take it home. Wouldn't worry about the length. I'm just under 5'4" and have no problem.

Thanks for the reassurance on the length, the frame of reference helps a great deal!

A nice thought but you might want to wait until you board to decide on your purchase (and yes you can wait)...other than the weight consideration if flying...you might find him a nicer one in your home town.

We just live up the road from the port, and I'm a big believer in the packing-light-is-for-hiking-up-mountains ideology. :p Plus, I know he would like that it would have the cruise logo on it. :)

My boyfriend has somehow never owned a robe, and has expressed that he would really love one. I thought it would be really neat to order him one to be waiting in our stateroom, to commemerate what will be his first-ever cruise.

They have two listed, with a $30 difference. I was just wondering if anyone has either one, and what they think of it? Also, one of the C&A agents I spoke to on the phone said that if it didn't fit, it could be tailored onboard for free. I had to raise an eyebrow at that... Does the onboard laundry service also do minor tailoring?? I'm just worried about the robe being too long.

Would love to hear anyone's experiences! :)

To answer your question about tailoring....yes, they have a tailor onboard. Once my carryon ripped.....it was that heavy nylon material....and the cabin attendant took it to the tailor who sewed it back together for me.

Did one of the romance packages. Got 2 robes, canapes on formal night, non alcoholic champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, framed picture, and breakfast in bed for I think $150. Need to let them know when you board if you purchase cause you won't receive the apps and stuff unless you make the arrangements.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

Did one of the romance packages. Got 2 robes, canapes on formal night, non alcoholic champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, framed picture, and breakfast in bed for I think $150. Need to let them know when you board if you purchase cause you won't receive the apps and stuff unless you make the arrangements.

I was thinking of purchasing this for my DS and SO for an upcoming cruise. Which robe is included with this package? The heavier terry or the lighter waffle?

Did you enjoy the package?

Thanks!

Am wearing my terry one right now! Don't judge, I work the night shift.

We have had ours for several years and really like them, they have worn great and wash well. Got them in a romance package. i am five four and the length hits me mid calf.

We talked about doing one of the romance packages, but decided it wouldn't be worth it for us. I was curious, though, what they mean by "breakfast in bed"?? I mean, you have room service, and can have breakfast in bed every day if you wanted to. :) The C&A guy had no earthly idea what that meant when I called to ask.

And I have a more broad spin-off question of my original, actually... We'll be on Navigator, over Valentine's Day, and this will be a cruise of firsts. His first cruise ever, my first cruise as anything but a mom. My son and I have been cruising since he was 6 -- he's 18 now and leaving for college next month. My bf and I were together for a short time 15 years ago, and while we loved each other dearly, life and circumstances made continuing that impossible. I devoted my life to raising my son, and don't regret that one bit.

As fate would have it, our paths crossed again at the beginning of the year, and we haven't looked back. Long story short, at age 47 we're finally getting to be the young kids in crazy love that we only got a taste of before, and we're cherishing every single moment. :)

So in that frame of reference, my question is: What little romantic places/experiences/moments, on Navigator specifically, should we not miss out on? While I know a cruise is inherently romantic, I have honestly never even paid attention to stuff like that in all my cruises. And we're both total saps when it comes to stuff like that, so whether elegant or cheesy it's all good to us. :D Does the ship do anything for Valentine's Day?

I know this is a dumb topic to a lot of you, but it's all new to us and we don't want to miss anything we just don't know about. We're bringing our own wine, and I'm bringing flameless candles to enjoy out on our nice big aft balcony, but I would love to hear others' romantic experiences and suggestions. :)

The Terry Robe we got in the romance package. If you buy those make sure you have space to carry them back home as they are vey bulky. We had to buys small. Carry on at one of the ports just for the two robes.

The breakfast in bed with romance package is a little more upscale with a few more items than what is on the regular menu. You also get caviar roasted tomatoes and your choice of mimosas or bloody Mary's.