Freedom of the Seas drydock

On RCCL's blog today (posted on Facebook), all of the changes on each deck were shown. Yes, Sabor on deck 4, replacing the Crypt. Portofinos is Giovanni's Table. Pharoah's Palace is the Star Lounge. More interior cabins on deck 3. New cabins horseshoe on deck 12, so no more floor to ceiling view from the gym. A new interior cabin is added on decks 6, 7,8, and 9. Business Services on deck 6 is now Next Cruise. R Bar replaces the Champagne Bar. Focus replaces the photo gallery. New ocean view cabins on deck 3 where the private dining rooms were. So, just goes to show that many of the theories were correct.

8 more days!

Edited by Nan1052

Here, it looks from the outside like they haven't tinted the glass on the addition to match the rest of the ship... I hope they change that. Right now FOS has NCL Epic syndrome...:eek:

Turmors tend to metastasize. But I wasn't aware that they could jump from ship to ship.:eek:

On RCCL's blog today (posted on Facebook), all of the changes on each deck were shown. Yes, Sabor on deck 4, replacing the Crypt. Portofinos is Giovanni's Table. Pharoah's Palace is the Star Lounge. More interior cabins on deck 3. New cabins horseshoe on deck 12, so no more floor to ceiling view from the gym. A new interior cabin is added on decks 6, 7,8, and 9. Business Services on deck 6 is now Next Cruise. R Bar replaces the Champagne Bar. Focus replaces the photo gallery. New ocean view cabins on deck 3 where the private dining rooms were. So, just goes to show that many of the theories were correct.

8 more days!

Next cruise has been there since at least the last dry dock. Royal is just now getting around to updating the website.:eek:

It is...the spa is on 12, and that's the area where any view that there was is now completely blocked by cabins.

That is interesting. The Spa on deck 12 which does produce income was made smaller and deck 11 was not. I wonder if space on deck 11 will be reallocated to hold some of the services that were on deck 12? It will interesting to see how this plays out.

QUESTION,

I can see from the deck plans that on deck 12 the jogging track seems to end on both sides next to the new added staterooms. ????

This doesn't seem to make sense...

Surly it must either go up and over the new staterooms or be drastically shortened in length and wrap around the back of the sky bar.

Anyone know the answer? Or any guesses or suggestions?

QUESTION,

I can see from the deck plans that on deck 12 the jogging track seems to end on both sides next to the new added staterooms. ????

Surly it must either go up and over the new staterooms or be drastically shortened in length and wrap around the back of the sky bar.

If it's like Navigator, the track has been shortened and runs behind the Sky Bar.

8 more days!

Have been looking at the side by side deck plans but did not realized that the Deck 3 Private Dining Rooms had been replaced with OV cabins. It will be interesting to see how FR handles heavy demand for First Seating from their Central Fl. clientele especially in the fall and winter months. On these cruises, Early seating is "hot" and I think they used the two private dining rooms on Deck 3 but not on our late seating.

That is interesting. The Spa on deck 12 which does produce income was made smaller and deck 11 was not. I wonder if space on deck 11 will be reallocated to hold some of the services that were on deck 12? It will interesting to see how this plays out.

The actual area for the spa stayed the same. They added the cabins to the outside of the spa where the jogging track and area for loungers was. All that was eliminated was the view from the spa.

Dumb question but, are they gonna paint the outside of the ship? Looks like she needs it and even though you cant see the underside when she is in the water, that red looks rough and in need of painting. So does all the white.

The pictures I saw in the link above show no sign of them painting the exterior and I would have to think they are running out of time?

No biggie. Just curious.

I wondered the same dumb thing. So if it's a dumb line of questioning, you have some dumb company.

Edited by RichBuckeye

QUESTION,

It's sickening what they are doing to the jogging track. :(

Have been looking at the side by side deck plans but did not realized that the Deck 3 Private Dining Rooms had been replaced with OV cabins. It will be interesting to see how FR handles heavy demand for First Seating from their Central Fl. clientele especially in the fall and winter months. On these cruises, Early seating is "hot" and I think they used the two private dining rooms on Deck 3 but not on our late seating.

I've looked at the new FOS deck plans along side the existing deck plans for liberty, and I can't find where there are any new cabins in place of the little side dining rooms. The ones that replaced the crypt are there, but that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've looked at the new FOS deck plans along side the existing deck plans for liberty, and I can't find where there are any new cabins in place of the little side dining rooms. The ones that replaced the crypt are there, but that's it.

Staterooms 3340-3348 and 3640-3648 are new.

Staterooms 3340-3348 and 3640-3648 are new.

Those cabins also show up on both Liberty and Indy, and neither of those sisters has been "enhanced". The new FOS deck plans also still show both of the side dining rooms. I'm not seeing anything different f4rom what's always been there. They also show up on the old plans when I scan the sea to see availability.

Edited by orville99

Those cabins also show up on both Liberty and Indy, and neither of those sisters has been "enhanced". The new FOS deck plans also still show both of the side dining rooms. I'm not seeing anything different f4rom what's always been there.

The deck plans that I see for the Freedom show the cabins and not the side dining rooms. Try clearing cookies and refreshing your cache.

I seem to remember that sometime last year they actually added those cabins in over the course of several sailings.

image.jpg1_zpsyxupawpj.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The deck plans that I see for the Freedom show the cabins and not the side dining rooms. Try clearing cookies and refreshing your cache.

I seem to remember that sometime last year they actually added those cabins in over the course of several sailings.

image.jpg1_zpsyxupawpj.jpg

Terra and Ciello are the side dining rooms, and those cabins were there when we sailed on FOS in May.

Edited by orville99

Those cabins also show up on both Liberty and Indy, and neither of those sisters has been "enhanced". The new FOS deck plans also still show both of the side dining rooms. I'm not seeing anything different f4rom what's always been there. They also show up on the old plans when I scan the sea to see availability.

Attached is the old deck 3 plan.

shp_fr_deck03_rc1_dpl.pdf

I wondered the same dumb thing. So if it's a dumb line of questioning, you have some dumb company.

A text book ''class hull maintenance'' is always part of a long drydock like this one. The hull gets a full curing/treating/coating/painting.

Similarly, an overall paint job on the ''above the water line'' hull is fairly routine, specially since FOS, in my opinion, nver had one since her original launch in service.

The actual area for the spa stayed the same. They added the cabins to the outside of the spa where the jogging track and area for loungers was. All that was eliminated was the view from the spa.

Gotcha, I'm finally getting the picture through my thick head.