Leaving tomorrow and need help with credit card question..please??

tymike

Hi all...I'm sailing on the Summit tomorrow (storms and all!) and am doing final organizing. I can't find the actual credit card that I put in for online check in. How much of a problem is it if I give a different card at the pier? Do I need to call Celebrity?

Thanks so much!!!

No worries. You can change the card at the pier with no problem. I did on line check in with my debit card because a newer CC was coming in the mail. Then simply told the pier agent I wished to use a different card for my account. They didn't even blink.

You can even change your card once on board at guest relations. You will be fine. Enjoy the cruise.

They will ask you for a credit card when you are checking in. No mention of the one that you booked with. Some people will present a credit card at check in and then settle-up with cash.

Be sure and CALL your Credit Card companies and let them know you are taking their cards to places they normally don't travel! Would hate to have them deny charges ......

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They will ask you for a credit card when you are checking in. No mention of the one that you booked with. Some people will present a credit card at check in and then settle-up with cash.

Another perfect answer to ease my stress!!! Thanks a bunch!

i am also traveling tomorrow (storm and all!). Summit is a great ship you will love it and Bermuda…are you from upstate NY?

I hope we have a great cruise no matter the weather! On my first cruise four years ago I went to Seaglass beach on Bermuda in the pouring rain! It was so much fun!! I'm packing ponchos and umbrellas because I want to be out and about in Bermuda no matter what!

I'm from the first town in Putnam County after many years in NYC and Westchester County. Did you join the roll call? Sounds like a great group! Come to the connections party and we can all meet up! :)

It is no problem to change but the last four numbers of the credit card you used should be somewhere in your paper work.

J.

The last four numbers are in my paperwork which is unfortunately why I discovered that I couldn't find that particular card! :o Glad to hear that it's no problem to change! :)

Those last 4 numbers that you gave them don't matter at all.

I am another one who has used a different credit card at check-in.

They just swiped the credit card I gave them, handed me my seapass card, and that was it.

But PLEASE heed the above poster's advice about notifying your credit card company. I forgot once, and the CC company called my home phone (obviously I wasn't there) and then went BACK and called my PREVIOUS number. They wanted to ask if the purchase of an expensive piece of jewelry was legit. I'm sure my ex was happy to see the alimony was being well spent!! :D :eek:

Also, highly recommend you bring a back-up card. We had an instance where half-way through our cruise our credit card company put a hold on our card due to irregular activity (which turned out to be someone stealing our information prior to our sailing). We found out when we were called down to guest relations, as they post charges periodically to your card throughout the trip. Luckily our son who was sailing with us had his card available. I'm sure ultimately we could have gotten another card approved, but it would have involved expensive phone calls and who knows how in the heck they could have gotten the new card to us!

Also, highly recommend you bring a back-up card.....
Yes, most definitely.

But that should be a standard "given" anywhere you go, not only on cruises.

Only take one card off the ship (or out of the hotel) with you and leave the others locked up in the safe.

Then if your first card should be lost, stolen or compromised in any way, you just call the appropriate number to cancel it, and still have the other card/s to use.

A huge thank you to all posters who have come to my aid! I totally agree about notifying the credit card companies prior to travelling and also about having back up cards just in case.

I love Cruise Critic! Thanks again, and happy sailing to all! I'll post a review when I return! :)