Complimentary mini-bar question

xyankee

Leaving in 7 weeks on Caribbean Princess. While we have sailed on Princess ships many times in the past, we booked a suite for the 1st time on this next cruise. Can someone explain to me what is included in the free complimentary mini-bar set-up, liquor, soft drinks, water? Thanks in advance for you response.

The following text taken from a previous post by Pam in CA dated Feb 5, 2014:

one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whiskey, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

You can exchange one item or everything on a 1:1 basis for a comparable or available item. For instance, you could exchange everything for vodka miniatures. I exchange everything for Sprite Zero.

You can exchange everything for a bottle of wine.

You can exchange everything for two coffee cards.

Edited by Thrak

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS

Beefeater Gin

Skyy Vodka

Dewar's Scotch Whisky

Dos Equis Beer

Coke

Sprite

Tonic Water

Perrier

Bottled Water

Lew

We just boarded the Caribbean Princess today. We did not receive the Perrier but received everything else.

I hope when we get on they have it. i use it to make my wine spritzer. We are Elite and will have a suite on a B2B in September, so will have 4 set ups to trade for wine. I understand there are also some kind of chocolates one can trade for.

We just boarded the Caribbean Princess today. We did not receive the Perrier but received everything else.

The CB did provide Perrier when we were onboard over Memorial Day. You should definitely ask for a substitution if it isn't available.

I hope when we get on they have it. i use it to make my wine spritzer. We are Elite and will have a suite on a B2B in September, so will have 4 set ups to trade for wine. I understand there are also some kind of chocolates one can trade for.

It better be a decent size box of chocolates & not a handful of their night time candies. ;);)

There is no exchange for chocolates. You can trade all twenty items in the mini-bar for one of four wines priced between $29 and $32. You can also trade the entire mini-bar for two coffee cards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unless it's changed in the last few months there is no chocolate option:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

Edited by Astro Flyer

Dumb question, :o

Hubby and I are both elite and we will be staying in a penthouse suite on a 5 night sailing.

how many set up's should we expect ??? :confused:

Thanks!

There are no dumb questions. ;)

I know that for elite it's 1 minibar per cabin & not per elite member; I have read that the suite also includes a minibar setup...so it would be 2.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If the mini-bar set up can be exchanged for 2 coffee cards, can it also be exchanged for one coffee card and one soda card? The cruise we board Aug 9th will be our first experience being elite.

That would be nice but the answer is no.

Can you exchange the hard liquor for beer?

Liquor can be exchanged for anything. Beer can be exchanged for anything other than liquor. Soda can only be exchanged for something of lesser value; water. Perrier and soda are more or less equal; sometimes. Water cannot be exchanged for anything.

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS

Beefeater Gin

Skyy Vodka

Dewar's Scotch Whisky

Dos Equis Beer

Coke

Sprite

Tonic Water

Perrier

Bottled Water

Lew

It's interesting to see what's included in the minibar. This will be our first 'Elite' cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect. However I notice there's no Rum(Bacardi). Is this not an option as it's the only spirit my husband drinks? If not I might have to swap the others for Vodka - for me!

It's interesting to see what's included in the minibar. This will be our first 'Elite' cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect. However I notice there's no Rum(Bacardi). Is this not an option as it's the only spirit my husband drinks? If not I might have to swap the others for Vodka - for me!

Rum is not an option.