Drinking the cabin water?

AandBmom

Do most people drink the water from the faucet in their cabin? I don't want to lug bottled water and for the most part I'm opposed to using bottled water just based on principal. We often use refillable sports bottles for water around the ship and in ports. How is the cabin water on the Epic? Any comments, complaints, etc?

I always drink the water from the tap - just fine by me! I'm like you, I try not to use bottled water unless I have to. The only time I get a bottled water on ship is when I go off ship.

They say the water purification/filtration system on these ships are amazingly good.

We drank the ship's water during our Breakaway cruise.

It was just fine.

I brought an insulated travel mug and got it filled with ice water all day long from the buffet and the bars. I did use a clean ship cup to refill :)

P.S. Refilled water bottles we had bought in port using tap water and kept those in the fridge for my son who likes water by his bed at night.

Night time was booze only thank you very much.

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

I have had no problem with the tap water in the cabin. However, I usually add a drink mix of some sort (e.g., Crystal Light). The water in the buffet is perfectly good, too. However, if you want to fill a bottle, you should not fill the bottle directly. Use a clean glass to transfer the water to your bottle. That will help to prevent the spread of germs.

I always drink only ships' water, on all the ships that we've been on (haven't been on the Epic though). I think it is just great. I can't tell any difference at all between cabin water and bottled water. To me it is odorless and tasteless. A few folks on here have disagreed sometimes.....but not me.

It's the same water your ice will be made from, and your food and drink....it simply won't "run cold"...so you will need that ice!

So TRUE! Ice is really needed to cool it down! :D

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Do most people drink the water from the faucet in their cabin? I don't want to lug bottled water and for the most part I'm opposed to using bottled water just based on principal. We often use refillable sports bottles for water around the ship and in ports. How is the cabin water on the Epic? Any comments, complaints, etc?

At night and sometimes during the day we always drink water from the cabin's bathroom faucet. We put ice from the ice bucket in a glass and then fill it with water. We also drink the ice cold water from the melted ice in the ice bucket. Really refreshing.

We bring one refillable water bottle and usually fill it in the buffet (using a glass to transfer the water from the spigot to the bottle). Sometimes though, if the bottle is empty, we use tap water from the cabin to fill it. Still good water.

Edited by NMLady

All the potable water served on the ship comes from the same source, so it doesn't matter where you get it from: the cabin tap, the buffet server, or the dining room.

...but in restaurants and bars it is carbon filtered, in staterooms it is not and hence on most ships tap water has distinct chlorine taste.

We usually take one bottle on the ship with us or maybe two and fill them as needed with cabin water. It is very good and perfectly safe.