CCL Princess Shareholder Benefit Form 2014/15

cruisincdns

Thanks to all of you for keeping this post alive. I realized yesterday that our travel agent had not applied our stock credit for our cruise in 2 (plus) weeks, even though she told me she had. So we faxed in the required info today.

Hopefully credit will show up soon.

Can't send it in more then 30 days out anyway, maybe thats why she did not send it on yet. :)

Can't send it in more then 30 days out anyway, maybe thats why she did not send it on yet. :)

I send mine in at final payment (about 75 days) & get my OBC issued. Per the application form proof of shares "should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date".

Edited by Astro Flyer

Probably should not use the word can't. There have been several postings here on CC that were told sorry charlie you have to wait.

Does not hurt to try as you pointed out. ;)

Yep & it's great how quickly they are processing our requests. :D

I'll soon be making final payment and will fax in my request.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I wanted to set up accounts for my grandchildren with 100 Sh of CCL stock, so they could get the OBC. Called Princess to find out the type of account that would be eligible. I was informed that they must be at least 18 to receive it and the sole owner of the stock. The customer service rep also added that they had to be the account owner, not a beneficiary of the account, nor could it be held in a trust.

Anyone else encountered these restrictions?

I wanted to set up accounts for my grandchildren with 100 Sh of CCL stock, so they could get the OBC. Called Princess to find out the type of account that would be eligible. I was informed that they must be at least 18 to receive it and the sole owner of the stock. The customer service rep also added that they had to be the account owner, not a beneficiary of the account, nor could it be held in a trust.

Anyone else encountered these restrictions?

No matter what your age, the credit goes to the account holder. It doesn't surprise me that you must be of legal age; 18/

I have also never used the form. I write a cover letter with the info and also write the required info on my final payment email and a copy of my annual proxy card (rather than sending a copy of the brokerage statement).

The fine print on the form says "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

If they hold to that restriction, I would think using an annual proxy card would not be accepted unless the date on the proxy card just happened to be within 3 months of the cruise.

My grandchildren would each be the owner of the account and the shareholder. I saw nothing anywhere that would require the shareholder to be at least age 18. That is why I was surprised. I guess I was wondering if anyone had experience with or contrary to the age requirement.

My grandchildren would each be the owner of the account and the shareholder. I saw nothing anywhere that would require the shareholder to be at least age 18. That is why I was surprised. I guess I was wondering if anyone had experience with or contrary to the age requirement.

In the USA usually any account for someone under age 18 must be part of the Uniform Gift to Minors provision and have an adult also listed.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to read all of the previous posts and may have missed it, but how soon can you send in your form? We cruise May 13, 2015 - is it too early to send it now?

Thanks in advance.

I found the answer in a previous email from Princess because I jumped the gun and sent it when we originally booked our cruise and received this reply:

"Please resubmit the application for

the Carnival Shareholder Benefit along with a current brokerage statement at 90 days prior to sailing."

Edited by EatPrayCruise

I tried to read all of the previous posts and may have missed it, but how soon can you send in your form? We cruise May 13, 2015 - is it too early to send it now?

Thanks in advance.

I found the answer in a previous email from Princess because I jumped the gun and sent it when we originally booked our cruise and received this reply:

"Please resubmit the application for

the Carnival Shareholder Benefit along with a current brokerage statement at 90 days prior to sailing."

I submit my request shortly after final payment (75 days) with a brokerage statement that's within their 90 requirement and within hours or days it's listed in my Cruise Personalizer's "Payments & Credits" section. :)

I use their application form (not required) which provides all of the info necessary & also answers to frequently asked questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=317604&d=1403910758

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 6 months later...

Seems like just about everyone has a different outcome. I faxed mine in 60 days prior to cruise, waited 2 hours and called to inquire. She looked for the fax and took care of it right away. Did it this way twice. I had a rep tell me the first time they have electronic fax and you need to wait a bit after faxing to call.

How do you actually get princess to action this?

I've emailed them twice, and faxed them, and still not a peep from the blackhole that is shareholder benefit.

Princess does not accept emailed requests for the Shareholder OBC.

I have faed my request many times and every time, it was processed on the first try.

How do you actually get princess to action this?

I've emailed them twice, and faxed them, and still not a peep from the blackhole that is shareholder benefit.

Request has to be faxed or regular mailed.

Did you look on your current booking to see if its applied?

I print out the payment info after final payment and all credits posted - showing the military credit and the OBC and take that along with me, in addition to the form and brokerage statement. Having the form, a copy of the brokerage statement and the fax info was not helpful on one cruise when that credit went missing.

Why was it NOT helpful?