CCL Princess Shareholder Benefit Form 2014/15

cruisincdns

For those of you who hold a minimum of 100 Carnival (CCL/PLC) shares, here is the current Shareholder Benefit Request Form, valid for sailings through to July 31, 2015, you need to complete to obtain your OBC's. I have also attached the official press release from Carnival outlining the amount of OBC's you will receive. :D

Princess_Shareholder_Benefit_Request_Form_2014_2015.pdf

CCL Shareholder Benefits 2014 2015.pdf

Edited by cruisincdns
Added additional attachment

Thanks for posting.

As I recently learned, do not send in the form more than 90 days out from your date of sailing.

Wait until you are within 90 days of embarkation before you send it in.

Ignore the pounds sterling amounts on the request form, they are wrong!. They are £30 - £60 - £150 as set out in the official press release.

BTW we don't have a form in the UK, we just email the appropriate contact and the money is credited to the onboard account.

ps - I don't know why those sterling values are even listed on the form :confused:

I've never used the form. I just write my voyage info and such on the top of my statement and fax it in. I then wait 10 minutes and call Princess. They ask what phone number the fax used to send the info and look it up that way. They instantly apply the credit and send me an email.

For those of you who hold a minimum of 100 Carnival (CCL/PLC) shares, here is the current Shareholder Benefit Request Form, valid for sailings through to July 31, 2015, you need to complete to obtain your OBC's. I have also attached the official press release from Carnival outlining the amount of OBC's you will receive. :D

Seems at one time there was a form. Then not. This is current and thanks!

I've never used the form. I just write my voyage info and such on the top of my statement and fax it in. I then wait 10 minutes and call Princess. They ask what phone number the fax used to send the info and look it up that way. They instantly apply the credit and send me an email.

I have also never used the form. I write a cover letter with the info and also write the required info on my final payment email and a copy of my annual proxy card (rather than sending a copy of the brokerage statement).

Forgive me, if this has been posted before, what so the benefit of having 100 shares? Thank you in advance.

OBC

$50 for voyages less than 7 days

$100 for voyages 7-13 days

$250 for voyages 14 days and longer

This can only be claimed by one person per cabin but can be claimed for any cruise on any Carnival Corp. line.

Length is based on the way trip is booked. A B2B of 7 days each will get $250 if booked with a single booking number or $200 (2 * $100) if booked with two booking numbers.

Something really odd has happened. We faxed our info over 2 weeks ago. The credit normally shows up within a couple of days, it didn't on this occasion, so rang up. Was advised that, because of the "special price" we paid for the cruise, the promotion code didn't register. They have emailed our info to Florida for them to sort out.

Sorry, what "special price". Did our booking as normal via a TA. Wasn't aware of any price reductions on this particular cruise, so don't understand it. Told not to worry, it was just that Southampton couldn't do it.

Anyone else had this?

What was even funnier, we were asked if we could participate in a short survey. OK. The question " had we seen the cruise ship programme on TV". The laughter at our end answered her question. As my DH said, if we were new to cruising we wouldn't have booked one, but, as regular Princess cruisers knew it wasn't a reflection of what we had experienced.

Probably be a long time before Princess allow another documentary crew on board.

I faxed mine it last night and the OBC is already posted to my itinerary For my September cruise. :D I also sent in a request for my November cruise, but I think I am just outside the window for the OBC to be applied when using a statement from my brokerage firm.

As for the cruise fare, as long as you are booked on a published fare you should be ok. Typically "special price" are given to travel industry employees ( travel agents , airline employees etc.) , they would not normally qualify for stockholder benefits.

For what its worth the cruise fare for my September cruise is very cheap right now and there still seem to be a lot of cabins available so I am hoping for a further reduction or upgrade . :D

It is not necessary but it is more convenient since all the pertinent information is contained in an easily recognizable format. Also, I have never had to place a followup call.

Mike:)

Was advised that, because of the "special price" we paid for the cruise, the promotion code didn't register.

As for the cruise fare, as long as you are booked on a published fare you should be ok. Typically "special price" are given to travel industry employees ( travel agents , airline employees etc.) , they would not normally qualify for stockholder benefits.

It could be that the wrong code was entered for your booking making it look as if it was a travel industry fare even though it was not.

Forgive me, if this has been posted before, what so the benefit of having 100 shares? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

(Imagine a guy with a headset microphone, waving his arms)

That's right, you get up to $250.00 on board credit for each cruise you take. But wait, that's not all, you also get $1.00 / share ($100.00 for 100 shares) / year in dividends. And as an added bonus the potential for a capital gain in the value of the stock.

Now, what would you expect to pay for all of this... Just contact your broker.

Some thoughts to consider:

• Say you do one 7 day cruise a year ($100.00 obc), 14 day, hey that one is $250.00
  • $100.00 dividend (that alone is a 2.5% return off the top)
  • So, for an investment of $3950.00 (current price 100 shares) you can make just over 5% return (8% for 14 days or longer), not too bad. And that does not include any gains in the price of the stock.
  • (to all those that bought at $20.00 / share, you lucky ducks)

Something to think about

(Imagine a guy with a headset microphone, waving his arms)

That's right, you get up to $250.00 on board credit for each cruise you take. But wait, that's not all, you also get $1.00 / share ($100.00 for 100 shares) / year in dividends. And as an added bonus the potential for a capital gain in the value of the stock.

Now, what would you expect to pay for all of this... Just contact your broker.

Some thoughts to consider:

• Say you do one 7 day cruise a year ($100.00 obc), 14 day, hey that one is $250.00
  • $100.00 dividend (that alone is a 2.5% return off the top)
  • So, for an investment of $3950.00 (current price 100 shares) you can make just over 5% return (8% for 14 days or longer), not too bad. And that does not include any gains in the price of the stock.
  • (to all those that bought at $20.00 / share, you lucky ducks)

Something to think about

That is how I feel about it as well. I bought stock in mid-July. For the balance of this year alone I will be receiving $50 in dividends and $150 OBC. Within the first 12 months of ownership , I will have received $100 and roughly $250 in OBC. This means that I will have received just under 10% of what I paid for the stock in 12 months.

Per year I figure I will be getting between $250 and $450 in OBC plus the dividend or between 9-16 % return per year :D.

• 3 weeks later...