How to check for price changes/sales

I often read about people finding much better rates before sailing, or good deals on upgrades after final payment. The "big" sales I feel like I hear about, but how do you stay in touch about the smaller sales? We do cruise at peak summer times (though this time had a big savings on that big sale at the end of spring) so there won't be as many. Is it just old fashioned hard work and literally putting in my room requests every few days on RCCL website and seeing if the price dropped?

Thanks!

I often read about people finding much better rates before sailing, or good deals on upgrades after final payment. The "big" sales I feel like I hear about, but how do you stay in touch about the smaller sales? We do cruise at peak summer times (though this time had a big savings on that big sale at the end of spring) so there won't be as many. Is it just old fashioned hard work and literally putting in my room requests every few days on RCCL website and seeing if the price dropped?

Thanks!

Frequent RCI website checks will certainly provide the information with mock bookings verifying total price. There are also websites that you can google that track cruise pricing including one associated with CC at the following link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks!

As Mike said their are monitoring sites that will help out. Price drops quite often last less than a couple of days so many will check multiple times a day. The last one that I was able to take advantage of lasted less than 2 hours.

Another quick, easy way to check prices on a cruise is to go through the booking process on line until you get to the point where it shows prices of the rooms in the category you want. Then, Bookmark that page. When you want to check the price, just open the bookmarked page.

Another quick, easy way to check prices on a cruise is to go through the booking process on line until you get to the point where it shows prices of the rooms in the category you want. Then, Bookmark that page. When you want to check the price, just open the bookmarked page.

That works ok, but there are sites out there that show you all current cabin prices (along with the pricing history) on one screen which is very efficient. Sometimes a higher category cabin is cheaper than a lower category, so it's good to see all the info. And, those prices are what you would see on the Sales Event flyer.

Edited by lv2bcruzin