Sailed Princess....any benefit when cruising P&O

Bogof1

What I should have clarified was Princess no longer add P&O cruises to the captains circle since the middle of last year, if you are already in their captains circle the old cruises prior to that still count.

Definitely incorrect, our October cruise on Azura has been added to my Captains circle account, AND our planned Britannia cruise in April is also showing on my Princess cruise history, after which I will also be joining the Princess Elite.

However my Ventura cruise booked for Jan 2016 is not showing, so either Princess will cease taking account of them by then, or more likely their IT system has not been loaded with 2016 cruises yet.

Edited by terrierjohn

No wonder the laundry came to a standstill in the TV documentary !!😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you insinuating that all Elite members on board were ex P&O cruisers taking advantage of their unearned status due to the largesse of Princess's Captain's circle system.:rolleyes:

I was looking for a more accurate emoticon but I can't find one for 'Yah booh sucks'.:p

I have enough Princess cruises under my belt to qualify as elite in my own right. I also have enough P&O cruises to qualify for Baltic in my own right. What I do object to is people coming onto princess ships and using their loyalty points that were built up with inferior brands and clogging up the free laundry system....not forgetting the mad rush to be first on the tenders!! 😫

You have still failed to answer how you are a Baltic on P&O and sailed with them over 80+ nights in the last 3 years when you constantly tell everybody they are an inferior company.

I think it's time Princess ditched the system where P&O cruises count towards captains circle. It should just be Princess Cruises that count.

Well that's because it is well known that you don't like P&O. If I give both P&O and Princess my business, then what is wrong with Princess recognising that. Tney are both owned by Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well that's because it is well known that you don't like P&O. If I give both P&O and Princess my business, then what is wrong with Princess recognising that. Tney are both owned by Carnival.

Why don't P&O count Princess? Hmm I wonder???? 😏

What I should have clarified was Princess no longer add P&O cruises to the captains circle since the middle of last year, if you are already in their captains circle the old cruises prior to that still count.

That is not true - my future Arcadia cruise is already showing in my Captains Circle.

Originally Posted by CCFC View Post

Princess stopped P&O counting in the middle of last year.

Think it was before then.

My info came from the Captains Circle host on my recent cruise but it seems to be wrong, not for the first time. Must say the above quote has confused me!

My info came from the Captains Circle host on my recent cruise but it seems to be wrong, not for the first time. Must say the above quote has confused me!

Ah! information supplied verbally from crew members aboard can be somewhat unreliable, even when they think it is true. I will just have to wait until next July to find out ;)

And sometimes they know things way before news is officially released. Last year I was told onboard that P&O were raising their TA commission from 5% to more than 10%. My TA had no knowledge of this. 7 months later...............

News

P&O Cunard offers up to 13.5% commission in 'generous' summer sales push

Jul 01, 2014 09:00AM GMT

Sister cruise lines P&O Cruises and Cunard have revealed details of their most generous trade sales incentive since controversially cutting commission to 5% in 2011.

The Carnival UK brands are offering agents as much as 13.5% as well as the chance to win prizes including five ‘Golden Suitcases’ each containing a £5,000 gift to be drawn at a special event in Southampton in September.

Also up for grabs are 300 cabins for an agent plus a friend on a two-night celebration sailing on P&O Cruises’ new ship Britannia (pictured) next March ahead of its first cruise with paying guests.

The promotion, running until the end of August for P&O Cruises and in July for Cunard, covers “thousands” of cruises departing from September 2014 to June 2015.

Bonus commission of 6% is being offered on P&O Cruises Select Price and Cunard Fare holidays and 3% on ‘early saver’ holidays for both brands. Last year Cunard and P&O Cruises increased base commission to 7.5% and introduced tactical bonus payments.

Sales and distribution support director Chris Truscott told Travel Weekly the latest incentive is the most generous in the 18 months he has been in the role.

He described it as a “massive investment” coming on the back of a strong ‘wave’ early year sales period and new programme launch in March.

“The whole concept behind this is that we help support longer lead times and give agents the opportunity to earn more money and win prizes to reward them for driving results," he said.

“We have good strength and brand resonance in the marketplace, so it’s about how we make sure we continue to drive that and reward agents.

“This is a big incentive, not just in terms of commission. I have been clear since day one of the value I place on travel agents. I have consulted, listened to feedback and acted on it.

“This is the biggest investment I have done in the 18 months since I joined the business. It’s not just about commission, I don’t think we have ever given 300 cabins away before.”

The trade push will be supported by a media campaign in print and on radio, including Heart and LBC, which will encourage customers to book with their travel agent.

Truscott said he was confident the summer incentive would not distract agents from selling the remaining cabins on cruises departing this summer.

As part of the campaign Cunard is offering five transatlantic voyages for an agent plus a companion on Queen Mary 2, including a two-night stay in a five-star hotel in New York.

Consumer benefits include free additional onboard spending money and free flights on exotic and world sector cruises this winter.

Discounted early saver fares are being released for sailings starting from September 1 for P&O Cruises and from September 5 for Cunard, up to the end of June 2015.

Truscott added: “Gaining a sneak preview of Britannia is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for agents to experience the ship before its official launch and naming ceremony.

“A transatlantic voyage with Cunard is one of life’s must-do experiences, particularly when combined with a luxury hotel in New York. Agents have asked for more opportunities to see our ships and these prizes fit the bill with money-can't-buy

All rights reserved.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

And sometimes they know things way before news is officially released. Last year I was told onboard that P&O were raising their TA commission from 5% to more than 10%. My TA had no knowledge of this. 7 months later...............

News

P&O Cunard offers up to 13.5% commission in 'generous' summer sales push

Jul 01, 2014 09:00AM GMT

Sister cruise lines P&O Cruises and Cunard have revealed details of their most generous trade sales incentive since controversially cutting commission to 5% in 2011.

The Carnival UK brands are offering agents as much as 13.5% as well as the chance to win prizes including five ‘Golden Suitcases’ each containing a £5,000 gift to be drawn at a special event in Southampton in September.

Also up for grabs are 300 cabins for an agent plus a friend on a two-night celebration sailing on P&O Cruises’ new ship Britannia (pictured) next March ahead of its first cruise with paying guests.

The promotion, running until the end of August for P&O Cruises and in July for Cunard, covers “thousands” of cruises departing from September 2014 to June 2015.

Bonus commission of 6% is being offered on P&O Cruises Select Price and Cunard Fare holidays and 3% on ‘early saver’ holidays for both brands. Last year Cunard and P&O Cruises increased base commission to 7.5% and introduced tactical bonus payments.

Sales and distribution support director Chris Truscott told Travel Weekly the latest incentive is the most generous in the 18 months he has been in the role.

He described it as a “massive investment” coming on the back of a strong ‘wave’ early year sales period and new programme launch in March.

“The whole concept behind this is that we help support longer lead times and give agents the opportunity to earn more money and win prizes to reward them for driving results," he said.

“We have good strength and brand resonance in the marketplace, so it’s about how we make sure we continue to drive that and reward agents.

“This is a big incentive, not just in terms of commission. I have been clear since day one of the value I place on travel agents. I have consulted, listened to feedback and acted on it.

“This is the biggest investment I have done in the 18 months since I joined the business. It’s not just about commission, I don’t think we have ever given 300 cabins away before.”

The trade push will be supported by a media campaign in print and on radio, including Heart and LBC, which will encourage customers to book with their travel agent.

Truscott said he was confident the summer incentive would not distract agents from selling the remaining cabins on cruises departing this summer.

As part of the campaign Cunard is offering five transatlantic voyages for an agent plus a companion on Queen Mary 2, including a two-night stay in a five-star hotel in New York.

Consumer benefits include free additional onboard spending money and free flights on exotic and world sector cruises this winter.

Discounted early saver fares are being released for sailings starting from September 1 for P&O Cruises and from September 5 for Cunard, up to the end of June 2015.

Truscott added: “Gaining a sneak preview of Britannia is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for agents to experience the ship before its official launch and naming ceremony.

“A transatlantic voyage with Cunard is one of life’s must-do experiences, particularly when combined with a luxury hotel in New York. Agents have asked for more opportunities to see our ships and these prizes fit the bill with money-can't-buy

All rights reserved.

All this knowledge is wonderful but you are really showing your true colours not answering how come you are Baltic on P&O which means you have done 80+ days cruising with P&O in the last 3 years but in your words they are an inferior brand and constantly rubbish them. You are either not telling the truth about being Baltic or all this rubbish about inferior brand is BS on your part and a hypocrite.

Edited by majortom10

Mmm! interesting sales push, obviously they are having difficulty in filling the ships. Plus apparently TA's were not pushing Carnival brands :rolleyes:

None of this means they are going to drop the P&O Princess credit. I would have thought as doing so would be negative news and irritating cruisers is not a good idea. For example. 'no more P&O credit on Princess? stuff them, I will try NCL or Celebrity etc etc'. Oops, a lost customer. ;)

Anyway, time will tell

Yes, sorry - misquoted. I meant that P&O stopped counting half Princess days but I thought it was longer ago than stated. Think it was a bit mean to do that. P&O loyalty tiers are far inferior to Princess 😔

At the risk of upsetting one particular poster, as an oft times solo traveller I find P&O vastly superior to Princess, in fact the only thing that I thought better were the loyalty benefits.

Having said that I am not loyal to any particular cruise line - my next four cruises are with four different lines, but I do tend to gravitate back to P&O just because I enjoy their cruises.

Edited by Host Sharon

You have still failed to answer how you are a Baltic on P&O and sailed with them over 80+ nights in the last 3 years when you constantly tell everybody they are an inferior company.

With all that time at sea you would think the original poster wouldn't want to go fishing once ashore :rolleyes:

Think it was before then.

The 2 cruises that I have taken this year have been added to my Princess Captains Circle cruise history and the cruises that I have booked on Britannia and Azura next year are there as future cruises.

There is definitely a disparity and always has been in the benefits accrued in the other lins's loyalty club when travelling on P&O or Princess.

I am elite on Princess due to the number of cruises that I have taken on Princess but I no longer travel with them because of the dropping standards but I was disappointed to find that P&O reduced my Princess credits because I had not cruised with P&O for 4 years, this meant that my P&O level actually dropped and I am having to re-build it.

I was disappointed to find that P&O reduced my Princess credits because I had not cruised with P&O for 4 years, this meant that my P&O level actually dropped and I am having to re-build it.

I didn't know about that.

Hi

We are on the highest slot for P&O

Not sailed with Princess--question--will Princess accept P&O points if we do decide to cruise with them

Thanks

If you have done 15 cruises or 150 sea days with P&O you will be Elite with Princess, lots of goodies!