How much do pictures cost?

Just trying to work out every little budget detail... I can't seem to find this information anywhere. I'm not interested in a photo package, just in probably buying one or two. Does anyone know the prices for individual pictures? Thanks!

Just trying to work out every little budget detail... I can't seem to find this information anywhere. I'm not interested in a photo package, just in probably buying one or two. Does anyone know the prices for individual pictures? Thanks!

Varies, somewhere between $20 and $25 per print.

on the Oasis in May, I paid 23.95$ for a 8 by 10. But if you are a C&A member there is a buy one get one 50% off coupon. Also I suggest you bring something with you to put your photos in so they dont get bent, Royal started to cheap out on the little cardboard things they used to put them in. to some flimsy plastic sheet that wouldnt protect anything.

They want you to buy that black photo album thing. I already have three of them and two of them are on my book shelf empty :rolleyes:

Way too much AND ship photographers are annoying. Especially the way the try to funnel you through them to get off the ship, embark, etc. Annoying. We just go around them, and the rest of the line, politely thanking them as we go by. But I am amazed at the number of passengers that simply wait in line. We do buy some photos if its a special trip with friends or family but most of the time we don't. I'm not a tree hugger but the amount waste is staggering.

Edited by DShock

Yes they are very expensive, especially if you just buy a few. We were on the FOTS the end of April, and I bought the big package. It was very expensive, and as you can guess, they have all kinds of packages. I believe the 8 x 10 color pictures were around $23.00. We had never bought a package before, and because we wanted "paper" and not the disk, we were able to do this. It was close to $299.00 for the whole package of about 6 days. I know that is a lot of money, and do not plan to do it again, but I will tell you what we did. From the time we boarded ship, to the almost the night that we got off, we were taking pictures EVERY WHERE we could. On the ship, off the ship, at the ports, etc. I read where someone else got the same package as us, and we only took about 60 pictures, but that is a lot of packages for a cruise. I will say everyone was great in the photo area to help us to be able to check on the Kiosk, to make sure all our pictures were there. Up to this point, I had never spent that kind of money, but they are my MEMORIES, and that is what was important to me. :)

Way too much AND ship photographers are annoying. Especially the way the try to funnel you through them to get off the ship, embark, etc. Annoying. We just go around them, and the rest of the line, politely thanking them as we go by. But I am amazed at the number of passengers that simply wait in line. We do buy some photos if its a special trip with friends or family but most of the time we don't. I'm not a tree hugger but the amount waste is staggering.

We totally agree.......:D

Mine cost 13 cents each.

a Royal Carribbean rep told me to wait and buy the pictures you want on the last night. He states they reduce prices then

I have bought pictures on the last night on several RC cruises and they have never been reduced. I would not count on this to be true.

I think they must charge so much to cover the cost of the thousands they print that aren't purchased and thrown away....

We used to buy quite a few when prices were more reasonable. The prices are just too outrageous now!

Higher prices = more waste.

We just decline most of the "photo ops."

on the Oasis in May, I paid 23.95$ for a 8 by 10. But if you are a C&A member there is a buy one get one 50% off coupon.

Thanks! I am a C&A member! Where can I go about obtaining this coupon?

For the quality provide.................too much

Thanks! I am a C&A member! Where can I go about obtaining this coupon?

The coupons are electronic and are automatically associated with your SeaPass card. There will be a letter in your stateroom when you arrive with a list of the coupons.

Entirely TOO much, if you ask me.

When I was on the Navigator in May with some relatives who were new to cruising, I sucked it up and paid for a group photo on Formal Night. Each photo is 19.95 and to me that's a lot of $$$, however my newbie family members were very happy and I guess that's all that mattered. :rolleyes:

He/She uses their own camera and print the images when they get home. Probably do the formal images on non-formal nights, or just before the photographers do their bit.

Yep, just take your own, they'll turn out better too.

If you purchase a photo package at the beginning of the cruise you get $75 off. We'll be cruising with 8 next year in a PS, so, we will be buying the package (per suite) and taking as many pictures as possible!

Finished a cruise on VOS a few weeks ago. We paid $249 (the discounted price) on the second day of cruising and started taking pictures every time we passed one. Longest we stood in line was about 15 minutes. The photographers were sweet and worked well with my 5yo, who can get very sidetracked. We left with easily 150 professional 8x10 prints and over 15 different backdrops and 7 outfits. I'd been telling my husband we needed family portraits done. This is easily the best deal for family portraits. If you don't plan to take advantage of the photographers, then no, it won't be a good deal. But it's better to buy up front and tell them at the end you don't want it. They will refund your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

a Royal Carribbean rep told me to wait and buy the pictures you want on the last night. He states they reduce prices then

I don't believe this is true. Been on many cruises on a few different lines and have NEVER seen a photo sale on the last evening. Recently there was a discount if you purchased the boarding photo on the first night.

enjoy

M

I don't believe this is true. Been on many cruises on a few different lines and have NEVER seen a photo sale on the last evening. Recently there was a discount if you purchased the boarding photo on the first night.

enjoy

M

Same experience here Marci. Never seen prints discounted.

Just off FOS and we paid about $20 for a family 8x10. Remember that you can print off a waiver (search on RCCL website) that allows you to get the picture reproduced without any problem. We scan the 8x10 in (or take it to get scanned) and print it to go on Christmas cards. Not such a bad deal - or if you want multiple copies for a multi-family group...just buy one and get it reproduced when you get home!