Afternoon tea in the cabin

CCFC

If sailing on the Royal or Regal they have another option which is $10 & with a glass of champagne $20.

Tea Tower – Featuring a tea sommelier and a choice of 250 blends, tea lovers will revel in Royal Princess’ unique tea tower located in the ship’s central Piazza. Here passengers can enjoy pre-blended tea varieties or create their own custom flavors. The ship’s tea sommelier, an expert on tea blends, will host tea tasting events and a new Royal Afternoon Tea Experience, inspired by some of the most famous tea spots in London.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057413&highlight=royal+afternoon+tea+experience

Edited by Astro Flyer

They need at least 6 hour advance notice.

Make sure you make this clear (Elite service) when ordering.

If they do it correctly there is white gloved service in the cabin.

Some have said that RS brought the food and left.

We have had it 3 times and have had a server that stays for awhile. ;)

Will they include all of the goodies if you are in a suite but not Elite?

Thanks!:confused:

• 1 month later...
We've done it twice: the first time just to see what it was and the second time when we were going through Glacier Bay. It's womderful. But we are typically American early diners, and it's way too much food for that. Here are some photos:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Elite%20Afternoon%20Tea

Thanks for the photos of the Elite Tea. We are going to try it on our next cruise. We are determined to make better use of our balcony!! :D

I also want to thank you for your wonderful blog on the Emerald. We are doing the 20 day on the Royal and 4 of the ports are new ones for us. Your blog was very helpful. I have it bookmarked.

Cheers, Denise

Oh yes, you can't beat proper clotted cream with a scone.

Princess does not offer proper clotted cream for the scones in the Main dining room. Some may think it is but it's not. I doubt it is offered for room service. I surely would be nice, though.

Princess does not offer proper clotted cream for the scones in the Main dining room. Some may think it is but it's not. I doubt it is offered for room service. I surely would be nice, though.

Its what they call double cream in uk.Very yummy on scone with jam....:D

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know the maximum number of people one can order afternoon tea in the cabin for? We are Elite and sailing in a penthouse suite in January and would like to host afternoon tea in our suite.

I think I also read somewhere that they bring lots of food, so could I say order for 6 but ask for 10 cups?

In the past we have gone to the MDR instead which is why I'm asking.

I have ordered tea service in a suite a couple if times. This is what you will get:

1 plate of scones (6-8) with jam and cream. Never enough cream

1 plate of assorted cookies 10-12)

1 plate of sandwiches (6-8)

1 plate of cakes and other sweets

1 pot of water

Room service will offer you your choices of tea bags, but will not leave the box.

You will not have a choice of what is on the plates (can't order egg salad sandwiches as an example)

One Oder is more than enough for 6 people.

Order more plates/silverware/cups etc.

Your biggest problem will be where to set the trays and where everyone will sit.

They do request 6 hours prior, although we have done it in less. No earlier than 3:30.

I have ordered tea service in a suite a couple if times. This is what you will get:

1 plate of scones (6-8) with jam and cream. Never enough cream

1 plate of assorted cookies 10-12)

1 plate of sandwiches (6-8)

1 plate of cakes and other sweets

1 pot of water

Room service will offer you your choices of tea bags, but will not leave the box.

You will not have a choice of what is on the plates (can't order egg salad sandwiches as an example)

One Oder is more than enough for 6 people.

Order more plates/silverware/cups etc.

Your biggest problem will be where to set the trays and where everyone will sit.

They do request 6 hours prior, although we have done it in less. No earlier than 3:30.

Thank you for your thorough answer. So can I order two orders if I have 10 people?

Let me see, 3 on the sofa, 1 in the chair, 1 in the desk chair, 4 chairs on the balcony, 2 lounges, and the rest on the bed or the floor? Hubby and I can stand if necessary ... LOL