Cruising with a baby questions?

JAMESCC

My wife and I with our 13 month old son will be traveling on "Explorer" to Bermuda on a 5 day cruise and we have a few questions.

The first question is we were told instead of a passport for my son we could use his birth certificate, just wanted to confirm this?

Second question is we have a promenade state room, is there a microwave in the room to warm up his food or milk? I don't think so but thought I'd ask.

Third question is what is the policy for strollers on-board? I thought they aren't allowed but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks for any help, we will really appreciate it. I didn't mention the cruise date, August 23rd.

My wife and I with our 13 month old son will be traveling on "Explorer" to Bermuda on a 5 day cruise and we have a few questions.

The first question is we were told instead of a passport for my son we could use his birth certificate, just wanted to confirm this?

Second question is we have a promenade state room, is there a microwave in the room to warm up his food or milk? I don't think so but thought I'd ask.

Third question is what is the policy for strollers on-board? I thought they aren't allowed but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks for any help, we will really appreciate it. I didn't mention the cruise date, August 23rd.

Birth certificate is fine and all that is needed, but is required.

No microwave in the room.

Strollers are fine - no restrictions.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If you just want to take the "chill" off his milk, run the bottle under the hot water....it's HOT!

Thank you all for the quick responses! I can always count on this website for quick, accurate responses. Thank you cb at sea, that is exactly what we were thinking of doing. Can't wait for the cruise! Gonna be so much fun!

If you just want to take the "chill" off his milk, run the bottle under the hot water....it's HOT!

Or ask your cabin attendant for some sort of container/bucket and fill it with the hot water and let the bottle sit in it for a few minutes. I used to do this even at home and it worked well. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Having cruised when our grandson was just 6 months old - some suggestions - there is a bottle warmer that can be purchased to heat both bottles and baby foods sold in stores in the baby section - plug in - runs about $15-20

Use an umbrella type stroller - easier for you and smaller for getting around the ship

Take a blow up type bathtub for bathing - there is only a shower in the cabin

small ones available very cheaply

If your planning on using a "pack and play" for babies bed, bring your own sheets and blanket - ones are the ship do not fit very well as they use full size and fold it in - plus its something familiar for baby

Have a great cruise

OH and yes - birth certificate is fine for cruise - however I believe if you needed to fly home from Bermuda for some reason - baby would need passport

Why do they need to fly home?

Doesn't the ship take them back?

Having cruised with our DS when he was 6 months and then again when he was 18 , have to say cruising with a small person isn't as stressful as we thought with a bit of plannjng.

Last time , the Royal Babies programme activity programme each morning (45 minutes of led sessions) and open play in the afternoon was great as was the Fisher Price toy lending scheme but I think I read somewhere this was coming to an end

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks again for the help. We wanted to ask if the dining room had height chairs, and we like to eat a Portofinos once or twice a cruise, can he go there with us or is that just not a cool idea?

Lots of high chairs in every dining venue.

These days, anyone at any age is allowed/welcomed in the specialty restaurants.

Thanks again for the help. We wanted to ask if the dining room had height chairs, and we like to eat a Portofinos once or twice a cruise, can he go there with us or is that just not a cool idea?

Yes, there is no longer an age limit at Portofino - only you know if your baby can sit quietly through a long meal. Some can, some not so much.

Yes, there is no longer an age limit at Portofino - only you know if your baby can sit quietly through a long meal. Some can, some not so much.

Yeah he is very good in restaurants, he is used to it we have taken him to them since he was 2 months old. One of our pet peeves is kids ruining dinners for people. and parents doing nothing about it. He doesn't do that. Thanks for the info.

Having cruised when our grandson was just 6 months old - some suggestions - there is a bottle warmer that can be purchased to heat both bottles and baby foods sold in stores in the baby section - plug in - runs about $15-20

Use an umbrella type stroller - easier for you and smaller for getting around the ship

Take a blow up type bathtub for bathing - there is only a shower in the cabin

small ones available very cheaply

If your planning on using a "pack and play" for babies bed, bring your own sheets and blanket - ones are the ship do not fit very well as they use full size and fold it in - plus its something familiar for baby

Have a great cruise

These are excellent tips. I'll also add to pack diapers wipes and food in a diaper box and stick a luggage tag on it. We've done this before and it worked out great.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Check out the family boards. All your questions and more will be answered if you search cruise with baby.

Just ignore the don't take your baby comments. Some people just have to put their advice in when it isn't wanted. You and you're baby will have a great trip!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Yeah he is very good in restaurants, he is used to it we have taken him to them since he was 2 months old. One of our pet peeves is kids ruining dinners for people. and parents doing nothing about it. He doesn't do that. Thanks for the info.

I wish more "parents" felt that way, it seems that once people have kids they become oblivious to the fact that "their" kid is screaming at the top of their lungs, running around the dining room, reaching over the back of the booth grabbing the hair of another customer, or banging or kicking the table.