Open Booking -a B2B - # of forms/guests needed?

Hi

I am sailing Royal in a few months, and we are looking at future Fall 2016 Med cruise. I know the schedule won't be out until Spring 2015, so I was thinking of getting 2 Open Booking forms in my name for a potential B2B 7 day Splendour of the Seas out of Venice, assuming it will continue the Venice sailings (last schedule shows arriving in Venice April 2016 from Dubai). I know Royal doesn't given hardly any OBC on Open Bookings, I am just looking at reduced deposit benefits.

My question is, can I just use one form/1 guest name ($100) for each cruise when I book with my TA ($200 total for B2B)...and then just simply add an additional $100 deposit on each cruise for my wife at the time of booking?....OR do I need to purchase two Open Booking forms this January with BOTH of our names on it ($200 each Open Booking Form---$400 total for the B2B) while onboard before booking with a TA?

I wanted to minimize investment onboard in case something goes weird (TA group booking or odd uncombineable rates) for whatever reason.

Thanks as always!

John in NC

I would book an actual cruise (B2B) for something in the spring of 2016 using 2 certificates with both names on them for a total of $400.

Many have reported that you will be allowed to change the cruise and keep the OBC associated with booking on board as long as it is not abused. A Loyalty Manager even suggested this tactic to someone on board in order to obtain the higher OBC.

I would book an actual cruise (B2B) for something in the spring of 2016 using 2 certificates with both names on them for a total of $400.

Many have reported that you will be allowed to change the cruise and keep the OBC associated with booking on board as long as it is not abused. A Loyalty Manager even suggested this tactic to someone on board in order to obtain the higher OBC.

I thought about booking onboard future cruise and changing it later, but the OBC was about the same (inside cabin for example) and it seemed to be a less of a hassle to use Open Booking vs booking a future cruise, transferring to a TA, then having TA switch future booking to definitive cruise once the schedule comes out....

However you decide to book, be sure to book in both names. I used to book in only one name and when the second was added it was at the same rate. However, about May of this year, people were being advised that when the second name would be added it would be at the prevailing rate, not the original rate. My TA warned me to begin always booking in both names.

I just did this. We booked two cruises recently when on board Vision. This morning I used those reservation numbers to book two cruises for next month. The LA on board Vision advised me to do this instead of buying the NCC's. I was able to transfer those bookings to the ones I booked this morning.....but had to go to the Resolutions dept for one of them for some reason. I got the $100 OBC, but it was a little bit of an inconvenience. We'll probably try it again....better than those stupid NCC's. If it works, it works.....if it doesn't....it's no big deal.

I just did this. We booked two cruises recently when on board Vision. This morning I used those reservation numbers to book two cruises for next month. The LA on board Vision advised me to do this instead of buying the NCC's. I was able to transfer those bookings to the ones I booked this morning.....but had to go to the Resolutions dept for one of them for some reason. I got the $100 OBC' date=' but it was a little bit of an inconvenience. We'll probably try it again....better than those stupid NCC's. If it works, it works.....if it doesn't....it's no big deal.[/size']

thanks for the input. I am caught in the middle, I will be Platinum after my January sailing is complete, so I doubt they would give me the balcony discount if booking a cruise onboard...so I was leaning to just getting an inside.

I wonder, when I change to the "real" cruise date a few months later when the 2016 schedule comes out, if I change say from an inside to a balcony when I move the dates would they give me the higher OBC?

John in NC

thanks for the input. I am caught in the middle, I will be Platinum after my January sailing is complete, so I doubt they would give me the balcony discount if booking a cruise onboard...so I was leaning to just getting an inside.

I wonder, when I change to the "real" cruise date a few months later when the 2016 schedule comes out, if I change say from an inside to a balcony when I move the dates would they give me the higher OBC?

John in NC

You would get the balcony discount. The only time you have to worry about not getting the balcony discount by moving up a level is if you had a cruise already booked. Then if you wanted to claim the discount they would reprice it at today's rates.

John in NC

I have not tried it but I asked C and A that question and they told me that you WOULD get the higher OBC if you booked a specific cruise with an inside cabin and then changed it to a balcony.

You would get the balcony discount. The only time you have to worry about not getting the balcony discount by moving up a level is if you had a cruise already booked. Then if you wanted to claim the discount they would reprice it at today's rates.

Good to hear--thanks Ken!

However you decide to book, be sure to book in both names. I used to book in only one name and when the second was added it was at the same rate. However, about May of this year, people were being advised that when the second name would be added it would be at the prevailing rate, not the original rate. My TA warned me to begin always booking in both names.

This is new...haven't heard this before..but then again all my NCC have been purchased a while ago and still have the original T&C's associated with them.