Caribbean Princess Traditional Dining for 2?

fl.princess

My husband and I are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on 9/6.

This is our 2nd cruise on the Caribbean Princess. The first time was 3 years ago to Canada/New England.

On the Canada/New England cruise we chose Anytime dining and we tried most nights to get a table for 2, but it was only possible on one night. We just prefer to dine alone.

On our upcoming cruise we requested Traditional Dining for 2. We were told there are some available, but we weren't guaranteed a table for 2.

Does anyone know how much availability there is for this?

Is it possible to switch to Anytime dining once you are on the ship?

On our first cruise we went traditional and asked for a table for 2 .....got a table for 8! However by the 3rd night there was only us and another couple...we must have frightened the others off. The last cruise we went anytime and were able to get a table for 2 every night which was brilliant. You can always see what they offer you the first night and if they cant change it to a table for 2 I'm sure you will be able to change to anytime dining. Someone out there will correct me if I've given you the wrong info. Enjoy your cruise :)

This is our 2nd cruise on the Caribbean Princess. The first time was 3 years ago to Canada/New England.

On the Canada/New England cruise we chose Anytime dining and we tried most nights to get a table for 2, but it was only possible on one night. We just prefer to dine alone.

On our upcoming cruise we requested Traditional Dining for 2. We were told there are some available, but we weren't guaranteed a table for 2.

Yes you can switch onboard, but I would suggest you see the MD at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day. Its usually in one of the DR's around 2pm. He oversees the seating plan for the DR's and any other seating issue someone may have.

Yes you can switch onboard, but I would suggest you see the MD at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day. Its usually in one of the DR's around 2pm. He oversees the seating plan for the DR's and any other seating issue someone may have.

What am I looking for on the Patter for the time/place? I do no follow as we have not dined Traditional in the past.

Do you mean that we can find out then if we have a table for 2?

From what I saw of the Palm Dining Room (TR Dining Room on CB), the tables are split in an appoximate ratio of:

40% 8-person tables

20% 6-person tables

30% 4-person tables

10% 2-person tables.

My ratio may be a little off, but that is about right.

That gives me an idea of what is available, but there is no way to know how have requested a table for 2 on this cruise. I wonder if it's on a first requested basis?

On our first cruise we went traditional and asked for a table for 2 .....got a table for 8! However by the 3rd night there was only us and another couple...we must have frightened the others off. The last cruise we went anytime and were able to get a table for 2 every night which was brilliant. You can always see what they offer you the first night and if they cant change it to a table for 2 I'm sure you will be able to change to anytime dining. Someone out there will correct me if I've given you the wrong info. Enjoy your cruise :)

Were you on the Caribbean Princess when you had a table for 2 every night in Anytime dining? This was not our experience in the past. It was so difficult to get one.

We are on the same cruise and will be switching to ATD . We don't always eat in the dining room and like to try other venues , so we feel guilty with traditional times.

What am I looking for on the Patter for the time/place? I do no follow as we have not dined Traditional in the past.

At the beginning of every cruise the MD will give passengers the opportunity to meet with him to discuss any dining issue etc. Does not matter whether you are trad or not he handles all of the dining on the ship.

The MD can make sure you have your 2 top table in the dining venue you prefer.

Were you on the Caribbean Princess when you had a table for 2 every night in Anytime dining? This was not our experience in the past. It was so difficult to get one.

No we were on the crown but the dining rooms are similar on all the grand class ships I am sure! We tend to eat fairly early maybe that was why. If the Caribbean princess is drastically different from the other ships I'm sure someone will say! :)

We are just off the CB 8/1 sailing. After reading the issues with Anytime dining and a table for two I switched to Traditional.

The first seating was 5:45 and the second at 8 PM. I agree that there are very few tables for two in the dining room.

We were switched after I requested a table for 4 but no one else was at our table. You might try asking for a table for 4!

I'm on the 9/1 sailing on the CB with a confirmed table for 2 traditional. It's our third cruise with Princess and we've never had anything BUT a table for 2. I didn't know it was a rarity.

AFAIK, dining times can be confirmed before sailing, but a requested table size is just that, a request, until you get on the ship.

Your cruise card will have your assigned dining room name and table number on it.

If you are unable to check that table otherwise, you should meet with the Matre d' (or designated person) at the time and place listed in the Patter.

On our last Princess cruise the information was in small print on the back page of the Patter where it said "Dining Guide". The small print said "Dining Room Inquiry Desk 1:00pm-3:00pm, xxxx Dining Room, Deck x." The information might be in a different place when you cruise.

If you can do so, go before the starting time as the line (and thus the wait) can be long.

By the way, sometimes

o they will assign passengers who want a table for two to a table for four with nobody else assigned to the table.

o they may put a divider on a table for four and assign two couples there

o regular tables for two may be only about 12 inches from the next table.

Edited by caribill

Your cruise card will have your assigned dining room name and table number on it.

If you are unable to check that table otherwise, you should meet with the Matre d' (or designated person) at the time and place listed in the Patter.

On our last Princess cruise the information was in small print on the back page of the Patter where it said "Dining Guide". The small print said "Dining Room Inquiry Desk 1:00pm-3:00pm, xxxx Dining Room, Deck x." The information might be in a different place when you cruise.

If you can do so, go before the starting time as the line (and thus the wait) can be long.

By the way, sometimes

o they will assign passengers who want a table for two to a table for four with nobody else assigned to the table.

The tables for two in the CB MDR were luckily more than 2-3 feet away from each other.

When my wife and I travel without my Mom, we always ask for a traditional dining table for 2. My wife was in a very bad accident and not always able to attend dinner.

We do this as to ba able to attend dinner and eat as long or as little as we like and not offended others at a bigger table.

Never had a problem with getting a table for 2. My Mom has restless leg syndrome and gets embarrassed with leg jerks. She is a Princess Elite and we've gotten a table for 3 on our last2

Cruises with her.

Tim

By the way, sometimes

Thank you for the info. I was not aware of this and probably never paid attention since we chose anytime dining on our last 2 Princess cruises.

We were on the Diamond Princess in 2008 and had no problems getting a table for just the 2 of us, so when we sailed the Caribbean Princess 3 years ago, we thought it would be the same. It was not. The wait was long and it was difficult to ever sit on our own. I don't care if we are at a table for 4 and are the only ones and I don't mind the tables being close together. We did experience the close tables when we had the table for 2 on the one and only night on the CB.