El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Congratulations. :D

Thanks Sarah.......... :D

Yay Shiona......yep, only taken us nearly ten years:eek::p

Chez

Thanks Chez, hey we joined at the same time back in the good old days haven't things changed since then....... !!!!!!! :eek::eek:

I only just realized i could have bumped up my post count quicker if i had done like others do and not replied to more than one post on one post....... does that make sense..... bahahahahaha

TODAYS 1 DAY SALE!! Today's 1 day sale will see you flying to Singapore on the 21st January 2016 and staying 1nt pre cruise before embarking the Mariner of the Seas for your 4* full board cruise visiting Kuala Lumpar, Penang, Langkawi & Phuket (overnight) before disembarking back in Singapore for your flight back to Sydney, please call to add on additional nights or regional flights.

Today's 1 day sale is based on our deal of the week price but with extra savings on upgraded staterooms. For this week only we are selling the Fly/Stay/Cruise package from just $1199pp but this finishes Saturday. On top of this amazing price for one day only you can upgrade to an oceanview from just $49pp that's just $7 per night!! Or why not upgrade to a balcony stateroom from as little as $150pp

This deal also includes all your port fees, taxes, food and entertainment onboard!!

Whaaaa really would like to do this , but January holidays all taken at my work :(. Love this thread but sometimes it makes me groan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TODAYS 1 DAY SALE!! Today's 1 day sale will see you flying to Singapore on the 21st January 2016 and staying 1nt pre cruise before embarking the Mariner of the Seas for your 4* full board cruise visiting Kuala Lumpar, Penang, Langkawi & Phuket (overnight) before disembarking back in Singapore for your flight back to Sydney, please call to add on additional nights or regional flights.

Today's 1 day sale is based on our deal of the week price but with extra savings on upgraded staterooms. For this week only we are selling the Fly/Stay/Cruise package from just $1199pp but this finishes Saturday. On top of this amazing price for one day only you can upgrade to an oceanview from just $49pp that's just $7 per night!! Or why not upgrade to a balcony stateroom from as little as $150pp

This deal also includes all your port fees, taxes, food and entertainment onboard!!

That sounds amazing. Is it the same price for children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ship Name: Radiance Of The Seas Cruise Code: RD21SEP15 Departure Date: Monday, 21 September 2015 Cruise Name: Hawaii to Sydney Nights: 18 Departing: Honolulu - Oahu - Hawaii

twin is $1217 pp and a single is $1943 guarantee interior but the air fare may not be cheap

Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying that I know that there is a lot of angst on the boards (not so much the Aus boards) in regards to people getting a great deal booking very late, and therefore the very loyal miss out on great deals so this is not meant to rub salt into anyone’s wounds but rather tell my story.

After a late decision to change plans from going to China to deciding on cruising from Canada to Hawaii for my 50th birthday (and seeing my son who is currently living in Banff), on 22 nd September Celebrity Solstice cruise, I have been waiting to book it as it is now only 6 weeks away. Flights have been booked and paid for about 6 weeks ago.

When I first started looking the fare was $2700 aud but included the 123 go offer (for a 2B cabin), however due to changes at work I was unable to book at that time.

After receiving some advice here on the boards, I held off booking and monitored available staterooms;

I had been waiting for the celebrity Tuesday exciting deal to be loaded into the system yesterday. The cruise was advertised as going on sale but unlike all of the other listed cruises for some reason the cruise went up in price yesterday. After a few deep breaths and check of cabin availability, I decided there was nothing I could do but wait it out. I received an email overnight notifying me that in fact my cruise had gone down in price, so at 2.30am last night I booked it!

I originally had thought we would book aqua class but noticed the availability was dropping rapidly but there were still 26 Concierge cabins available, when I logged in aqua was not available but concierge was for $1249 for a guarantee (compared to $2439 for a C3), standard balcony guarantee was $1199 so only $50 more.

I did a quick scan of a few of the major online TA’s and previously had only found $150 OBC as a bonus, for some reason one big TA had free grats so I pounced! (on a 10 night cruise that’s $130 saving). Add the taxes and with free grats, all up $1357 USD (about $1860 aud)

I woke up this morning and the fare is no longer available, so I’m glad I was a crazy woman at 2.30am this morning! By the time I add in the alcohol package I will be about even if I had booked when I originally started looking.

I haven’t booked a guarantee cabin before so I will let you all know when our cabin gets allocated.

I haven’t booked a guarantee cabin before so I will let you all know when our cabin gets allocated.

There's nothing quite like snagging a great deal. I have booked many guarantee cabins and have been very satisfied with them all. All the cabins are pretty much the same so (really) who cares where it is.

Sometimes though, it's not so wise to let others know what a deal you got. It is not always well received.

Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying that I know that there is a lot of angst on the boards (not so much the Aus boards) in regards to people getting a great deal booking very late, and therefore the very loyal miss out on great deals so this is not meant to rub salt into anyone’s wounds but rather tell my story.

After a late decision to change plans from going to China to deciding on cruising from Canada to Hawaii for my 50th birthday (and seeing my son who is currently living in Banff), on 22 nd September Celebrity Solstice cruise, I have been waiting to book it as it is now only 6 weeks away. Flights have been booked and paid for about 6 weeks ago.

When I first started looking the fare was $2700 aud but included the 123 go offer (for a 2B cabin), however due to changes at work I was unable to book at that time.

After receiving some advice here on the boards, I held off booking and monitored available staterooms;

I had been waiting for the celebrity Tuesday exciting deal to be loaded into the system yesterday. The cruise was advertised as going on sale but unlike all of the other listed cruises for some reason the cruise went up in price yesterday. After a few deep breaths and check of cabin availability, I decided there was nothing I could do but wait it out. I received an email overnight notifying me that in fact my cruise had gone down in price, so at 2.30am last night I booked it!

I originally had thought we would book aqua class but noticed the availability was dropping rapidly but there were still 26 Concierge cabins available, when I logged in aqua was not available but concierge was for $1249 for a guarantee (compared to $2439 for a C3), standard balcony guarantee was $1199 so only $50 more.

I did a quick scan of a few of the major online TA’s and previously had only found $150 OBC as a bonus, for some reason one big TA had free grats so I pounced! (on a 10 night cruise that’s $130 saving). Add the taxes and with free grats, all up $1357 USD (about $1860 aud)

I woke up this morning and the fare is no longer available, so I’m glad I was a crazy woman at 2.30am this morning! By the time I add in the alcohol package I will be about even if I had booked when I originally started looking.

Thanks for sharing and well done.:D:D

There's nothing quite like snagging a great deal. I have booked many guarantee cabins and have been very satisfied with them all. All the cabins are pretty much the same so (really) who cares where it is.

Sometimes though, it's not so wise to let others know what a deal you got. It is not always well received.

Good advice .

On some of our deals over the years , the fare shown on the documentation just said ...

"As agreed".

I appreciate your post on this great deal including all the savings because as a newbie wannabe cruiser it's good to know how to snag a cruise at a great price and your post has shown me how you did it. Thanks very much.

Jasmith that is why I prefaced my post with my intention that it was not to upset anyone.

I felt safe writing this post on the Aussie board because generally it's not an issue. Considering there is a long thread on cheap cruises, I think one can say we like to help others and generally are happy when someone gets a good deal.

I did also mention that at the end of the day my deal was not much better than if I booked it 3 months ago prior to final payment.

My intention was to show what I had to go through and the reasons behind my booking.

If I upset anyone that potentially read this post that is on the same cruise and is unhappy because I got a perceived better deal, then I'd be happy to shout them a beer on board as an apology :D

Jasmith that is why I prefaced my post with my intention that it was not to upset anyone.

I felt safe writing this post on the Aussie board because generally it's not an issue. Considering there is a long thread on cheap cruises, I think one can say we like to help others and generally are happy when someone gets a good deal.

I did also mention that at the end of the day my deal was not much better than if I booked it 3 months ago prior to final payment.

My intention was to show what I had to go through and the reasons behind my booking.

If I upset anyone that potentially read this post that is on the same cruise and is unhappy because I got a perceived better deal, then I'd be happy to shout them a beer on board as an apology :D

Pity your not on my cruise.

I'd tell you I was upset just to get the free drink :cool:, but can we make it a diet coke :D.

Fantastic! I am glad you are happy with your deal :)

This is a very good example of why so much research is worthwhile, and then when you know you have a good deal in front of you - pounce on it as quick as you can. I saw a good deal one time, went out to the shed and talked it over with the hubby, and then when I came back half an hour later or so, it was gone :(

Your deal sounds very nice for a guarantee Concierge. I hope you get a nice cabin. We got a guarantee Concierge on Deck 10 forward last year, which was a last minute booking to add with a nice hump cabin on deck 7 we had previously booked for the second leg, and we found Solstice such a stable comfortable ship that we would not mind being in that area again.

Yes, the aussie boards are much more easy going as far as your type of post. To me, your post is firstly a learning tool for future reference, and secondly, with such a gloomy winter here lately, it is a ray of happiness :D

Great deal. I love to hear what others have paid regardless of what I paid. It all goes into the learning for my next booking.

Just a cautionary word for those who read these prices though.

If you must cruise on a certain date or time waiting until the last minute may cost you more or you may miss out all together.

Last minute bookings are for those who are flexible and if they miss out on the one they have their eye on they are OK to wait for the next one that suits them. Even better if you can just book on a whim and go at the drop of a hat if they drop into your lap.

Some of the better bargains of late, particularly those on RCCL have been posted quite early on.

I booked our Radiance cruises a month or more ago and they are sailing in Dec 2016. At a touch over $100 PD for a balcony on the first of them I doubt it will ever drop less than that and the balconies gts at the inside price are already gone. The second one I booked through a US TA as their insides were still a fair bit cheaper despite the AUD dropping and they gave my grats and $100 USD OBC but is still over our max target limit of $100 pd for an inside. We are not fussed about the second one and may drop it or cancel and then hope for a bargain at the last minute. Can get full refund up to 90 days out.

Same with Solstice 8 days balcony free drinks and I have pre paid my tip for $1100.

I booked our 3 legs on Quantum OTS early and the Barcelona-Dubai & Dubai- Singapore went up significantly while the Singapore - Shanghai 9 day leg which we paid $1800 USD for a balcony(which incidentally was the most I have ever paid per day for a balcony)was up to $3000 USD by finals. But a few weeks before sail date this cruise was advertised in Australia for $940 AUD while still around $3000 USD on USA websites.

I had no issues with price remorse because we had to lock this booking in early as it was showing almost booked out very early in the piece (more than12 months out) What actually happened though is that most of the cabins had been booked up by Chinese travel agents I think and they returned quite a few unsold cabins just before finals.

By the way this is my all time favourite CC thread. I am hoping something drops into our lap last minute after January. Keep the bargains coming.

Edited by woodyren

"South Sea Cruise with M/S Celebrity Solstice

18 days from Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii) to Sydney, departure 02/10/2015"

€1199 for inside and inside comfort....includes Port Charges etc. but not gratuities. ..about $1828 au. ..did this cruise in 2013, and can thoroughly recommend the ship and itinerary.

We jumped at $1901au ea when we went and thought that was great deal then...

"South Sea Cruise with M/S Celebrity Solstice

18 days from Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii) to Sydney, departure 02/10/2015"

€1199 for inside and inside comfort....includes Port Charges etc. but not gratuities. ..about $1828 au. ..did this cruise in 2013, and can thoroughly recommend the ship and itinerary.

We jumped at $1901au ea when we went and thought that was great deal then...

How does one book in Euros or pounds? Do you need to use a VPN to get access to the Euro site?

This cruise this time next year or the other way back including the Hawaii to Vancouver or Seattle earlier in the year on either Solstice or Radiance are on my watch list.

The price monitoring website I use only gives me updates in USD, CAD Pounds but this cruise is not giving me pounds or Euros) and a search Euros shows zilch for this. I have only ever booked in the US or Australia.

We just recently purchased the same fly/cruise deal for $1050. Same cruise line and ship but it was for the cruise departing on 5 November from Singapore. Looking forward to it.

Australians are not as competitive as others. If one of own fellow cc members grab a great deal we are happy for them and if we are on the same cruise as them and have paid more we hope that they will take pity on us at the meet and mingle and shout us a drink with some of their savings.

We just recently purchased the same fly/cruise deal for $1050. Same cruise line and ship but it was for the cruise departing on 5 November from Singapore. Looking forward to it.

Your cruise was before the school,holidays...that usually makes a lot of difference to the price...sigh