Cruise Code: RD21SEP15

Departure Date: Monday, 21 September 2015

Cruise Name: Hawaii to Sydney

Nights: 18

Departing: Honolulu - Oahu - Hawaii

Twin share per person

Y Deck 2 Guaranteed (Oceanview) $1,517

Z Deck 2 Guaranteed (Interior) $1,217

This would not include gratuities (approx $280 each) but there is an offer of $100 each OBC.

Trouble is the fights to Hawaii are more than the cruise when we just had a quick search. At the moment there appears to be about 3 oceanviews available, and no Balcony or Junior Suites, but one Grand suite, one Owners Suite and three two bedroom suites.

Would appear that the ship is close to full, and I would love to try guarantee lotto, with the expectation that we would be on the deck 2 oceanview cabin at worst. Anything could come from that. I would think they might move some families to the 2 bedrooms from somewhere. Not able to try it this time.

Trouble is the fights to Hawaii are more than the cruise when we just had a quick search.

Thats the catch with a lot of cheap cruise deals.

The cruise lines are well aware of the cost of flying and they know they have to offer super bargains to attract last minute deals......but quite often once you add it all up the savings evaporate and you are paying overall , the original cost , or sometimes even more.

Trying to use Air Points for long distance flights has also become harder these days as more and more people qualify.

As a general rule..

Cruising...The price comes down closer to sail date

Flying ...The price goes up closer to take off date.

Thats the catch with a lot of cheap cruise deals.

The cruise lines are well aware of the cost of flying and they know they have to offer super bargains to attract last minute deals......but quite often once you add it all up the savings evaporate and you are paying overall , the original cost , or sometimes even more.

Trying to use Air Points for long distance flights has also become harder these days as more and more people qualify.

As a general rule..

Cruising...The price comes down closer to sail date

Flying ...The price goes up closer to take off date.

Yes I was wondering how you would go if you tried to use some sort of points. The way to do it seems to be to book a few months out, and cross you fingers as it gets closer. Don't think we will be able to do any repositioning cruises for a while anyhow, but like to do some research and see what happens each year. I remember we saw a spike this time last year as well for these type of specials. With the amount of sea days and the air fare I am wondering if a South Pacific cruise on special is actually better value overall, and then you more often can get the perks on various sales.

Edited by goodycruising

Hawaii flights are $$ although sometimes Jetstar has deals. I just used points to get to Hawaii next year - and they are scarce as hens teeth - unless you don't mind coming via Nadi (with one stop somewhere in the Pacific) -Akl - Syd. A 20+ hour exercise.

Edited by Pushka

Hawaii flights are $$ although sometimes Jetstar has deals. I just used points to get to Hawaii next year - and they are scarce as hens teeth - unless you don't mind coming via Nadi (with one stop somewhere in the Pacific) -Akl - Syd. A 20+ hour exercise.

the email has come thru from Jetstar with $249 o/w air fare to Hawaii for next year

Ship Name: Radiance Of The Seas

Cruise Code: RD21SEP15

Departure Date: Monday, 21 September 2015

Cruise Name: Hawaii to Sydney

Nights: 18

Departing: Honolulu - Oahu - Hawaii

Trouble is the fights to Hawaii are more than the cruise when we just had a quick search.

I just checked Jetstar and if you fly to Honolulu a week or so before it's cheaper - Sept 11th, its $499, 12th, $539 and 13th $579 per person. But then you have to add bags etc to the booking but that's only $99 for a meal, 20 kilos and seat selection.

I just checked Jetstar and if you fly to Honolulu a week or so before it's cheaper - Sept 11th' date=' its $499, 12th, $539 and 13th $579 per person. But then you have to add bags etc to the booking but that's only $99 for a meal, 20 kilos and seat selection.[/quote']

That isn't bad pricing, but then I would like to spend more time in Hawaii since we have spent the money on flying there.....but then that can add up to a fair few $ extra. We have found land based holidays are usually more expensive than cruising per week. Same with Singapore and Alaska etc. Would like to look around as well as getting on the cruise.

Radiance 21.09.15 Hawaii/Sydney inside Z g'tee with grats paid....$499 pp:eek:

We're thinking about it!

Wow. Even if the air fare is a little pricey that makes it a real bargain. The grats are worth close to $300 AUD. Add to that our free C&A drinks and I am pretty sure they would be paying us to take this cruise.

If we hadn't returned from 3 months away about 5 weeks ago (and have a cruise booked in Nov)I would book this right away.

I will be hoping for similar in either direction next year.

That Radiance from Hawaii 21st Sept (17 nights) is showing cheap even this morning, as well as a very cheap Legend - Singapore to Fremantle 13th Sept. That is when I look direct on the Aus cruiseline site.

If anyone can go very quickly, it seems like a typo to me, but with 2 cruises so close to sail date, if you can get away quickly and the airfares don't kill the deal, it is worth a look.

Edited by goodycruising

Singapore to Freemantle $267 yes that's right had to look twice in case of typo rci Legend 13th September inside guarantee that's fourteen nights :D

Jacquie you have to be a good oz to be able to move on this one

That Radiance from Hawaii 21st Sept (17 nights) is showing cheap even this morning, as well as a very cheap Legend - Singapore to Fremantle 13th Sept. That is when I look direct on the Aus cruiseline site.

If anyone can go very quickly, it seems like a typo to me, but with 2 cruises so close to sail date, if you can get away quickly and the airfares don't kill the deal, it is worth a look.

Getting flights that don't cost an arm and leg could be a problem with both of those, but I hope someone can grab a deal.

I had a quick look Gut, and they seemed to be between $1200 and $1500 one way a day or two before, so then a night or two accommodation on top. Just amazed to see the cruise that cheap. Basic cost was $70 each plus the taxes fees and grats. You need to have booked the flights earlier and get a bargain, and then have nerves of steel to wait for the possible chance that this could come up.

With so many sea days I would rather get a balcony, and sail from Sydney and back to Sydney. With that balcony upgrade special earlier this year we ended up with an E category on Radiance in 2017 for 12 nights for $3225 for 2 pax, including grats. With this Hawaii to Sydney being $499 each, plus flights, plus maybe accommodation, it isn't quite as good as it sounds. Seeing a price of $218 per person does make your eyes boggle though! - just had another quick look, and the Hawaii looks like it is gone, but the Legend/Singapore was still there....

Edited by goodycruising

IF anyone is still interested...the Hawaiian Sydney inside is still there, you have to follow it through to the 'select cabin' page....ridiculous pricing. ...too many family commitments for us to make it this year:confused:

Next year maybe...it is a great itinerary, and we would do it again without hesitation, on any RCCL ship.:D

IF anyone is still interested...the Hawaiian Sydney inside is still there, you have to follow it through to the 'select cabin' page....ridiculous pricing. ...too many family commitments for us to make it this year:confused:

Next year maybe...it is a great itinerary, and we would do it again without hesitation, on any RCCL ship.:D

The guarantee is now on the balcony cabin category. Not such a low price as the interior was, but it has a bit of OBC available as per current special. Not if you log in and choose your C&A balcony discount though, one or the other.

There are some higher category cabins still open as well, so interesting to see it unfolding. I knew that people would have to be quick on that interior bargain basement price!

Edited by goodycruising

I would hazard a guess that the Radiance Hawaii-Sydney cruise has just set the new benchmark for the El-Cheapo category. In fact I doubt that any cruise anywhere has sold for $12.76 pp pd.

As for the nerves of steel I am almost certain to book one of the current Air Asia specials for May next year. KL to Sydney for $105 pp ($150 with bags) or $418 pp in one of their flatbeds. Will then sit on the Voyager April 16 Sydney Singapore repo that has still got a huge amount of interior cabins left. This will allow us to cruise to Singapore El-Cheapo style and then spend 3 weeks or so in Singapore/ Malaysia afterwards before flying home El-Cheapo as well.

We did the rhapsody Sydney to Singapore cruise this year. Amazing

Got a great deal and the itinerary was very very good. Perfect weather as well.

I think I would vote for that as one of the best cruises you could do from Australia. Singapore is a wonderful place to combine a stay with a cruise....:):)

Just booked our fights back from Kuala Lumpur for May 26th next year.

Now to wait for the rest of the planets to align.

Voyager OTS Syd-Singapore leaving on April 26th 2016 the main target.

May do another ocean cruise in the region if a bargain arises. But will leave our options open for a river cruise or just land travels in Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam etc.

Did anyone see the great deal from RCI advertised yesterday for a Singapore to Fremantle cruise for $19 per day??? Only catch is the ship leaves Singapore tomorrow!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Fletch1

Did anyone see the great deal from RCI advertised yesterday for a Singapore to Fremantle cruise for $19 per day??? Only catch is the ship leaves Singapore tomorrow!!

There are some crazy repositioning cruise prices going this season. I keep checking out the last minute deals even though I am over booked for the next 2 years!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thats the oldest trick in the book...

its called Bait and Switch.

They get a response and then sow a seed by saying ...

but what you could do......:D

or ...I have something very similar....:rolleyes: