El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Its not really an El Cheap cruise. Its not pricey either. I just thought the itinerary was interesting and offer a few more spots than the stock standard run to Singapore. Note some are just cruising by

Ship Name: ms Volendam

Cruise Code: HV568L

Departure Date: Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Cruise Name: Melbourne to Singapore

Nights: 20

Departing: Melbourne, Australia

Its $2630 pp inside

Melbourne, Australia

At Sea

Eden, Australia

Sydney

At Sea

At Sea

Hamilton Island, Australia

At Sea

Cairns, Australia

Great Barrier Reef E

The Ribbon Reef Regi

Sherrard Island

Sherrard Island

Great Barrier Reef E

The Far North Region

The Torres Strait

At Sea

Darwin, Australia

At Sea

At Sea

Benoa (Denpasar), Ba

At Sea

Semarang, Indonesia

At Sea

Singapore

Singapore

Never really gotten a feel for HAL before. Been told by numerous cruisers that it skews old.

However, I have them on my watch list for Antarctica for my 50th birthday in a few years.

I didn't think HAL did Antarctica, have to have a looks, wish someone still did Antarctica out of Hobart.

I didn't think HAL did Antarctica, have to have a looks, wish someone still did Antarctica out of Hobart.

HAL's Zaandam does a 14 day cruise by via Antarctica, from BA to Santiago, Chile and visa versa.

Yes, it would be great if there were adventure cruises south out of Hobart. There are cruises out of NZ to Antarctica, as well as to NZ Sub Antarctica islands, and Macquarie Island (Aus).

Edited by MMDown Under

HAL's Zaandam does a 14 day cruise by via Antarctica, from BA to Santiago, Chile and visa versa.

Yes, it would be great if there were adventure cruises south out of Hobart. There are cruises out of NZ to Antarctica, as well as to NZ Sub Antarctica islands, and Macquarie Island (Aus).

DWs friend just did one that included Macquarie Island (Silverseas I think) asked us to go, but I haven't managed to win Lotto yet.

Yes, but it is just a cruise by, with no landings. They do attempt to land at the Falkland Islands, but I was told ships with names ending in "dam" have the worst record of successful landings.

That's that's handy to know thanks.

Yes, but it is just a cruise by, with no landings. They do attempt to land at the Falkland Islands, but I was told ships with names ending in "dam" have the worst record of successful landings.

Dam. I was looking at Princess but I really want to see Antarctica, and they don't go that low down?

Never really gotten a feel for HAL before. Been told by numerous cruisers that it skews old.

However, I have them on my watch list for Antarctica for my 50th birthday in a few years.

Celebrity Infinity also go to Antarctica a couple time a year, we did it in 2014.

Dam. I was looking at Princess but I really want to see Antarctica, and they don't go that low down?

Hurtigruten go there.....

Antarctica is waiting...Get ready to Explore.

Check out this neat video

http://www.hurtigruten.com/en/explorer-voyages/antarctica/?gclid=CjwKEAjwjMauBRDH-bOCo56b13wSJABA2-Hvd16tcIqDT8smhj_HUEcMq3NOpORvrdhHplo3_DAsuxoCdprw_wcB

Hurtigruten go there.....

Antarctica is waiting...Get ready to Explore.

Check out this neat video

http://www.hurtigruten.com/en/explorer-voyages/antarctica/?gclid=CjwKEAjwjMauBRDH-bOCo56b13wSJABA2-Hvd16tcIqDT8smhj_HUEcMq3NOpORvrdhHplo3_DAsuxoCdprw_wcB

I can recommend Hurtgruten's Fram. The three islands we visited in the Falkland Islands were a highlight (plus South Georgia and Antarctica, of course).

I can also highly recommend the Fram. We did the journey down the Antarctic Peninsula and into the Arctic Circle (most ships from the South American side of the world do not venture into the Arctic Circle). We generally went ashore about twice a day ( for about 10 days).

Sent from Geoff's iPad using Tapatalk

Might be time to start a new thread and get back to what I enjoy reading about; El Cheapo Cruises.;)

Sorry, my fault. Let me see what I can drum up . . .

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Code: EX02DEC15 Departure Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2015 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 14 Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside from $1187 per person.

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas Cruise Code: VY19FEB16 Departure Date: Friday, 19 February 2016 Cruise Name: South Pacific Nights: 8 Departing: Sydney - Australia'

Inside from $679 pp

RCL have got a few cruises that are less than $100 per day if you don't mind cruising inside.

Yes, Ponant as well. Silverseas and Ponant have interesting itineraries, but are high end.

We've booked to do the Antarctica cruise with Ponant in January 2017, 10 night cruise from Ushuaia including return airfares from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia $10500pp cheapest balcony cabin, early bird discount of 30%, also 5% discount because we have booked 3cabins. The worst part was the 25% non refundable deposit :eek:

All alcohol included though:D

Sorry, my fault. Let me see what I can drum up . . .

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Code: EX02DEC15 Departure Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2015 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 14 Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside from $1187 per person.

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas Cruise Code: VY19FEB16 Departure Date: Friday, 19 February 2016 Cruise Name: South Pacific Nights: 8 Departing: Sydney - Australia'

Inside from $679 pp

RCL have got a few cruises that are less than $100 per day if you don't mind cruising inside.

Nice finds.

A good time to start keeping a look for end of year, as it's not that far off, so the lines will start positioning to ensure they don't have things unsold at the last minute.

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Cruise Code: VY22OCT15

Departure Date: Thursday, 22 October 2015

Cruise Name: Singapore to Sydney

Nights: 14

Departing: Singapore

From inside $748 pp, Oceanview $1040 pp, or if you really want to live it up Suite $2698 pp