icat2000

El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Can I have a hint as where to find this?

It was on an agents newsflash . I would think its pretty general so all agents should have it . There is limited availability and you had to call for a price, but , lets cruise , even if its for just a few days.;)

Can I have a hint as where to find this?

I thinlk if yoiu google it you will fin d a good clean quote

Its not a cheap cruise but its now a lot less than the Cunard brochure price, and being only 5 days it doesn't sound as much. :D

A chance to spoil yourself for 5 days with out breaking the bank.:cool:

Thanks for the tips.

My father & brother are on this cruise from San Francisco to Sydney & this would have been a way of joining them for the last part.

Think it maybe a bit $$ as we are also on the Radiance in April.

If only work & money didn’t get in the way of cruising :mad:

Diamond Princess 6 February 2018 - 12 night New Zealand cruise Sydney to Auckland - $770 per person inside twin.

Diamond Princess 6 February 2018 - 12 night New Zealand cruise Sydney to Auckland - $770 per person inside twin.

What a steal , It is also quoted over here as $879NZ for Kiwis . (about the same when converted.) Very limited availability and probably all gone by now at that price.

Now that is el cheapo.

Wow, what a bargain. Problem would be the cost of flights back to Australia at that time of year.

Wow, what a bargain. Problem would be the cost of flights back to Australia at that time of year.

Even with the air fare its a steal When you get to Auckland ,just cross the road , bus to the airport and fly home. Sweet as,:D

twin balc was $1669 - the 'issue' with these type of cruises is either GETTING to Syd or back from Auckland. Add a few hundred for a flight (or I could use some of my 300,000 QF points) - think there will be a lot of cabins left on this one

This cruise - Sydney - Melb - Hobart - Fiordland - Port Charlmers (Dunedin) Akaroa (Christchurch) - Tauranga - Auckland.

Even with the air fare its a steal When you get to Auckland ,just cross the road , bus to the airport and fly home. Sweet as,:D

Airfares for me would be almost the cost of the cruise though.

Airfares for me would be almost the cost of the cruise though.

From Gold Coast with Jetstar the airfares to/from Sydney/Auckland cost me a touch over $230, including 20kg baggage.

Considering the saving on the cruise, that's a bargain.:cool:

I'd be flying back home anyway, Auckland just makes for a slightly longer return leg.

From Gold Coast with Jetstar the airfares to/from Sydney/Auckland cost me a touch over $230, including 20kg baggage.

Considering the saving on the cruise, that's a bargain.:cool:

I'd be flying back home anyway, Auckland just makes for a slightly longer return leg.

The cheapest I could find was $478. I suppose it is still a good deal.

twin balc was $1669...

This cruise - Sydney - Melb - Hobart - Fiordland - Port Charlmers (Dunedin) Akaroa (Christchurch) - Tauranga - Auckland.

Can someone give me a hint where to find this cruise at this price? (if still available?)

Can someone give me a hint where to find this cruise at this price? (if still available?)

It's gone from the places I usually look. I suspect those prices disappeared just before lunch today.

Best I can see in Oz at the moment is $1665pp twin for a balcony.

Best I can see in Oz at the moment is $1665pp twin for a balcony.

I give up - the Princess site shows it as $1909 for an Interior and $2849 for a balcony

Not a big issue but disappointed I can't find it at those lower prices

The really low prices generally only last for a very short time, maybe not even hours as they are usually only for a few cabins. When you see a special, you have to grab them straight away or someone else will.

Sinbad said they could see a low price point for a balcony less than 30 minutes ago....I have no idea where though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sinbad said they could see a low price point for a balcony less than 30 minutes ago....I have no idea where though

It's still there.

Sometimes you have to search the whole of Oz to find the right cruise.

Yes, still available through a TA at $1665 for a balcony.

It's still there.

Sometimes you have to search the whole of Oz to find the right cruise.

Thank you Sinbad - I finally figured it out - and should have done so earlier if I had my wits about me. Appreciate your help

Thank you Sinbad - I finally figured it out - and should have done so earlier if I had my wits about me. Appreciate your help

Glad you could still grab it.

Glad you could still grab it.

As much as I’m tempted I won’t get this one as I realised when looking at it we’ll be in the middle of the Pacific on Crystal Serenity at that time. It we weren’t I’d definitely jump on this one

I’m looking for bargains like this to give some other lines a try. It pays to have flexibility to do things at relatively short notice

Great thread and thanks to all the contributors

I’m still kicking myself I didn’t pick up on the tip on where to find this one earlier - just wasn’t thinking straight last night

As much as I’m tempted I won’t get this one as I realised when looking at it we’ll be in the middle of the Pacific on Crystal Serenity at that time. It we weren’t I’d definitely jump on this one

I’m looking for bargains like this to give some other lines a try. It pays to have flexibility to do things at relatively short notice

Great thread and thanks to all the contributors

I’m still kicking myself I didn’t pick up on the tip on where to find this one earlier - just wasn’t thinking straight last night

I find that a great special comes along after you have locked in your plans to do something else so that you have to say, 'I really want to do it but can't'.

South Pacific, 18 December 2017, 10 Nights, Pacific Eden, Twin From $798 pp, Quad From $1,009 pp

Super soon but OK for last minute

South Pacific, 12 January 2018, 12 Nights, Pacific Jewel, Twin From $925 pp, Triple From $1,066 pp

Also Ocean View - Obstructed $849pp

I'm hoping to grab a last minute cruise mid January 2018 so watching closely

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm hoping to grab a last minute cruise mid January 2018 so watching closely

I’m hoping to grab a last minute end of January 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck . :)

Currently looking at the Pacific dawn 20/1 departure Brisbane to the islands for $749 pp but add airfares from Melbourne it starts to add up. Not sure about the pacific dawn.

Currently looking at the Pacific dawn 20/1 departure Brisbane to the islands for $749 pp but add airfares from Melbourne it starts to add up. Not sure about the pacific dawn.

Current Jetstar Sale fares Melb > Bris 20/1 from $79, Brisbane > Melb 27/1 from $69

Apologies if this has already mentioned.....

Pacific Jewel out of Melbourne to the Pacific Islands.

12 nights departing 12 January 2018

$779 per person twin share inside cabin (Cat IF)

$964 per person twin share oceanview cabin (Cat OB)

At the great Oz website.

Loved my 2 little B2B Cruises on Pacific Dawn earlier this year - she had been extensively refurbished apparently - my first experience of her!

Loved my 2 little B2B Cruises on Pacific Dawn earlier this year - she had been extensively refurbished apparently - my first experience of her!

I enjoyed my cruise on her and that was before refurbishment.