Military credit ?

sue2go

New to Princess and my DH submitted his forms to receive OBC for his military service via email to the address on the form. This was weeks ago, and no credit nor any response to the email. We did book thru a TA, do we need to have the TA submit the info? Or fax instead of email? Thanks in advance for your help.

New to Princess and my DH submitted his forms to receive OBC for his military service via email to the address on the form. This was weeks ago, and no credit nor any response to the email. We did book thru a TA, do we need to have the TA submit the info? Or fax instead of email? Thanks in advance for your help.

No....

Fax it, it will be posted within hours.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I sent in my Husband's records and did not hear back. I waited two weeks and called Princess. They said that they had never received it. I had sent it with tracking that showed delivered. I asked to speak to a supervisor. It suddenly appeared and I got that credit while I was on the phone. I suggest that you give them a call. They told me that they were up to date with requests when I called.

Good luck.

Have you gone to My Princess to check your "Captain's Circle Account" or in the Cruise Personalizer's "Payments & Credits" section. It should be there after it's approved & in the CC account as "Military Benefits" for all of your cruises.

Have you gone to My Princess to check your "Captain's Circle Account" or in the Cruise Personalizer's "Payments & Credits" section. It should be there after it's approved & in the CC account as "Military Benefits" for all of your cruises.

You have a point there, its probably there. :)

Yes, I did check there and nothing appears.

I faxed mine in a couple weeks back and it was there within 15 minutes.

I had never applied for the military OBC before.

Mike:)

Once Princess OK's it, it should stay on your account and get applied on all your future cruises without having to reapply for it. It' a nice thank you from Princess. Mike in CT.

Dang...hope you soon get it issued soon & thankfully they changed from applying for each cruise to only applying once for all Princess cruises.

Check it, don't assume. My husband submitted his before our last cruise and it was added quickly. This cruise, however, it never showed up. We called Princess and they say they have no record of it, even though she could see that we had received the obc on our previous cruise. Ian had to send in his dd214 again.

Check it, don't assume. My husband submitted his before our last cruise and it was added quickly. This cruise, however, it never showed up. We called Princess and they say they have no record of it, even though she could see that we had received the obc on our previous cruise. Ian had to send in his dd214 again.

Thanks & I never assume anything.

Mine is displayed in my Captain's Circle account, Cruise Personalizer, cruise invoice & in any online price quote.

Edited by Astro Flyer

When Princess first started giving the veteran OBC, I gave a copy of my DD214 to my TA (also a veteran) and he took care of it. It has been applied to every cruise since then on Princess. This is a wonderful OBC and only offered on Princess. The CEO at the time was a Viet Nam veteran who served as an enlisted soldier and spent time in Viet Nam like many others.

I love that Princess honors our veterans with this on board credit.

It does not apply to all who served in the military, BUT THAT'S ALIGHT. My DH served in the U.S. Armed forces for 5 1/2 years, but did not serve during a war so does not qualify.

I respect & honor all who served in our Military.

Here is a list of the qualifications:

Princess is pleased to offer a special military personnel onboard credit program. This program is available to active military,

retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification in the following service divisions: United States

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian National Defense and the British Army,

Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves.

Thank you Princess Cruise Line for honoring many of our Veterans with this generous gift.

It does not apply to all who served in the military, BUT THAT'S ALIGHT. My DH served in the U.S. Armed forces for 5 1/2 years, but did not serve during a war so does not qualify.

Princess is pleased to offer a special military personnel onboard credit program. This program is available to active military,

retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification in the following service divisions: United States

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian National Defense and the British Army,

Thank you Princess Cruise Line for honoring many of our Veterans with this generous gift.

If you look further down the form, you will see: "Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational discharge if within 90 days of their normal separation date in any of the applicable service divisions listed above". As long as your husband was honorably discharged, he should receive the OBC. My husband served 7 years, but not in an active war zone, and received the OBC. You should definitely apply. The worst they can do is deny the request but I don't think they will. Ours is automatically applied every time we cruise. We normally use a TA but I just sent the request myself the first time and all went well.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Carol

Not correct. He does qualify. Submit his DD214