Luggage !

johncandt

My observation is it's left outside the door by porters.

In the event a cabin steward or some other person who is authorized to enter cabins does so after luggage is dropped, they will pull the luggage inside if its there waiting. But they don't automatically pull all luggage inside, just a hit and miss thing based on timing.

Our experience has been that luggage is left outside our door. It can be delivered within a a couple of hours or it can take longer. The last couple of cruises we have booked Concierge which has priority luggage delivery. I'm not sure it is all that much faster.

Our experience has been that luggage is left outside our door. It can be delivered within a a couple of hours or it can take longer. The last couple of cruises we have booked Concierge which has priority luggage delivery. I'm not sure it is all that much faster.

I agree, it looks to me like porters stuff it on the same cart and when its full it goes to the ship. Unless after screening they sort it for delivery.... but this would seem to take a whole lot more time, and no faster than just delivering bags as they come off the belt.

If i noticed them putting all suite bags on one cart and all concierge on another and all others on another, then I'd give some weight to the priority delivery thing.

I just honestly believe it's first come first served.

So from reading all this I should pack my scrapbooking scissors in my carry on to avoid my checked bag being sent to the naughty room. That way if the scanner picks them up I can show them they are just scissors straight away. They are sharp, but only for cutting paper!!!

If you pack them in your carry-on, how do you get through airport security?

If you pack them in your carry-on, how do you get through airport security?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbender/2013/04/23/tsa-postpones-allowing-knives-on-planes-scheduled-for-april-25/

Scissors with blades under 4" are allowed by TSA.

Reading this article, it seems as if X is actually generally "mirroring" the TSA prohibited item list, as corkscrews are part of the prohibited item list here as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbender/2013/04/23/tsa-postpones-allowing-knives-on-planes-scheduled-for-april-25/

Scissors with blades under 4" are allowed by TSA.

Reading this article, it seems as if X is actually generally "mirroring" the TSA prohibited item list, as corkscrews are part of the prohibited item list here as well.

4inches are rather big scissors... Mine are around 2...

Hello All,

I will soon be departing on the Celebrity Equinox (Aqua Class Cabin) in early September. When reviewing the cabin pictures, I was wondering where we will be storing our luggage in our stateroom.

My wife and I are planning on 1 checked bag and 1 carry on suitcase each = 4 total.

1) Do we need to place a luggage tag on our carry-on luggage? I'm assuming not, but just want to be sure.

2) Is there sufficient storage in an AQ cabin for 4 suitcases? Any tips for storing our baggage to maximize space?

3) For a 13 night cruise, how many additional hangers for the wife's dresses and my shirts/pants should I plan on bringing? Does the AQ cabins provide additional hangers?

Thanks for the help, cheers :)

Hello All,

I will soon be departing on the Celebrity Equinox (Aqua Class Cabin) in early September. When reviewing the cabin pictures, I was wondering where we will be storing our luggage in our stateroom.

My wife and I are planning on 1 checked bag and 1 carry on suitcase each = 4 total.

1) Do we need to place a luggage tag on our carry-on luggage? I'm assuming not, but just want to be sure.

2) Is there sufficient storage in an AQ cabin for 4 suitcases? Any tips for storing our baggage to maximize space?

3) For a 13 night cruise, how many additional hangers for the wife's dresses and my shirts/pants should I plan on bringing? Does the AQ cabins provide additional hangers?

Four suitcases for two people for 13 nights? !!? :eek:

Four suitcases for two people for 13 nights? !!? :eek:

I've had 4 for myself on a TA... 2 giant, 1 roll aboard and a duffle bag.

I can't imagine how they got by with only 4 for TWO people LOL.

All the shoes.....and clothes for multiple weather and occasions.

This year I got down to 3. :D

Edited by cle-guy

I've had 4 for myself on a TA... 2 giant, 1 roll aboard and a duffle bag.

I can't imagine how they got by with only 4 for TWO people LOL.

All the shoes.....and clothes for multiple weather and occasions.

This year I got down to 3. :D

Lordie! We did a WINTER 21 day cruise in the Mediterranean, with 5 days in Rome beforehand with only one carryon each and one small daypack! Yes, we did have to do some laundry and repeat outfiys.

We've done four weeks in Asia with similar baggage. I just don't get what all you guys HAVE to bring with you on vacation.

And, no we're not young or slobs. Retired seniors who dress nicely and appropriately, but leave our closet at home.

Edited by jkgourmet

I always travel with a cork screw and have never had an issue. It's just something I have in my toiletry

bag because I never know when I will need it.

Mary Lou

On last cruise I had one in my carry on no problem but we had back to back cruise out of Miami and I bought 2 of them for present ..... they took it from me till end of cruise.....:rolleyes::rolleyes: US customs :p

So from reading all this I should pack my scrapbooking scissors in my carry on to avoid my checked bag being sent to the naughty room. That way if the scanner picks them up I can show them they are just scissors straight away. They are sharp, but only for cutting paper!!!

Scissors (lol and corkscrews) are one of the things that one might need to tranfer between flying & cruising... Checked for flying, carry on for the cruise.

On the other hand...

I've been to one of the Celebrity Scrapbooking Sessions onboard, and as I recall they provided scissors (at least I think so... Cause I know I certainly did not bring any with me). The Scrapbooking Session was great !!

--- --- ---

To CLE-GUY

Believe it was San Juan... (as we had to stop & fill out Baggage Tags) but I did notice that the Porters were filling the huge baggage trolleys in some sort of order (by category, by floor, by fore or aft ??). It was happening for sure... As one person would walk up and their bags went one way, while the next person's went another. So ya, I do believe that "in theory" Celebrity has in place some sort of Priority Delivery Service... Rather than everything getting dumped onto one cart ala the Airline Method.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hello All,

1) Do we need to place a luggage tag on our carry-on luggage? I'm assuming not, but just want to be sure.guy

Put the smaller ones inside the bigger one. Put both under the bed.

Corkscrews could possibly be considered not allowed as they fall under the "no sharp objects" rule in prohibited items. Perhaps it's the length of the screw that would make then decide to pull or not pull the bag for secondary screening.

When I asked the captains club people, they said you could bring one as long as there is ,no

cutter on it but you could get one from the butler (in a sky suite this time). So assuming any cabin should be able to provide one???

OK. I take sharp pointy embroidery scissors all the time, on the plane, in my carry on, in my checked bag. Not had a problem. I do needlework and they're essential. Mine are 4"--(1-1/2" blade).

Don't bring extra hangers. Just ask your cabin steward or your butler for as many as you need. We've even replaced the wooden hangers they provide with all metal ones because they take up less space. We double hang things and leave a lot of stuff folded. If you're in a cabin with the overhead cabinets above the bed then those are perfect for your folded things. I've read where they're hard to access but I'm 5'3" and they are completely easy for me. No foldable cubes needed.

Suitcases go under the bed. We keep our largest ones open and put our laundry on one side and things we don't use very often on the other side.

There is plenty of room for two large opened suitcases, two to four carry ons and a folded wheeled golf bag. Sometimes we put some luggage inside other luggage. If the lifejackets are under the bed and in the way, they can go in the top shelf of the closet.

Hello All,

Doesn't sound like too much luggage to me & there is a lot of space under the bed..

I always have extra luggage tags and place one on the carry ons just to be safe. You never know when you might get distracted and walk away from a bag that you think your DH/DW is carrying.

We use a rolling garment bag and have never needed additional hangers. There are often too many in the closet for us. Don't bring any extra.

Mary Lou

Doesn't sound like too much luggage to me & there is a lot of space under the bed..

I always have extra luggage tags and place one on the carry ons just to be safe. You never know when you might get distracted and walk away from a bag that you think your DH/DW is carrying.

We use a rolling garment bag and have never needed additional hangers. There are often too many in the closet for us. Don't bring any extra.

Mary Lou

Lol, we don't pack light either...

I am a strong believer that a girl must have "her things" to be comfortable (especially shoes... Those are the BIGGEST luggage offenders cause they do take up a lot of room... Dressy Sandals - Flip Flops - Walking Shoes - Water Shoes)

Don't believe tho in packing stuff I don't need / use. So outside of the two foldaway Suit Hangers that came with our Luggage (so convenient) we don't pack any extras. Wire ones are good enough for us... And in reality most of our clothes don't need hangers... We go on vacation to relax, so Tshirts, Golf Shirts & Polos rule the day (and most are fine for Smart Casuall Dining too)

CHEZMARYLOU never thought about slapping an Celebrity extra baggage tag onto the Carry On. Makes a world of sense considering we do end up carrying around at least one item with us on E-Day... So easy to forget it somewhere (like at lunch) as it isn't the norm for us in our day to day life...

Great tip. Thanks

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

When we get our luggage tags at the pier, we often pick up some extras to put on any other bulky miscellaneous items we may wish to check rather than carry on board.

We have never had a reason to put luggage tags on our carry-ons, but there is certainly no reason not to do so if you wish.

Some people do that if they decide to check a carry-on at the last minute instead of carrying it on.

With beds together, 4 suitcases will fit under the beds easily on both M-class and S-class ships, although sometimes you may need to lift up the bed frame slightly on one side to slide a large suitcase underneath.

The only place we ever had a problem with small scissors in luggage was at YVR.