Transfer? - Port Everglades Pier to FLL

HUNKY

Ship gets in at 7AM, flight out is at 1120AM. I was thinking of taking a cab or limo, but was wondering if a Princess transfer would be easier?

I don't want to do self disembark, and I understand that EZ Check is for flights at 1130AM or later, so that will not work.

Since the flight is a touch early, would we be in the first group off the ship, and then on the first transfer bus out?

Time for Port Everglades and FLL to take a leap forward and have a light rail connection! $35 million per mile x 2.4 miles = $84 million. With 3.6 million passengers a year, a $25 "port access fee" would pay for the construction in ONE YEAR!

Edited by HUNKY

If you book the Princess xfer they will verify with you onboard what time your flight is and schedule the transfer for you at the appropriate time.

However, if you do not book the Princess xfer and are in an early disembarkation group (with luggage to be picked up onshore) that you can request, a cab is a good option. The cab can definitely drop you off in front of the terminal you need.

Sometimes there is a line for the cabs, but sometimes it takes a while for a Princess xfer bus to get full before it will leave.

Either way you should be able to make your flight.

When are you traveling? Check to see if it is a high travel week. Late last March DH and I had a similar time flight in FLL.

Due to several factors, delays getting off the ship due to lack of staff at immigration, a visit to the customs people to finally pay a very small tariff, taking the princess transfer bus(BIG mistake), and then long lines at FLL, both checking in and security, we arrived at the gate, just as Southwest started lining people up for the flight. ( Kudos to Southwest for going up and down the security line calling out pending flight numbers.) The only way I would do an flight around that time is to self disembark. Just saying. Have a great trip!

Ask for the first departure time when you complete your disembark paperwork. You should be off by 9am. Take a taxi or group shuttle to the airport. A taxi cost about $20 for two. Group Shuttle , maybe $10/$12pp. You didn't state which day of the week you are arriving. If it is a Sat or Sun there is lots of activity at all the piers. Sometimes it is a little difficult & a wait to get a cab. If it is a weekday no problem. Princess shuttles don't leave until the bus is full. The airport is about a 15 min drive. This past January in Ft. Lauderdale we took the early walk off option, we arrived at pier two, and were at the airport before 8:30am. I know you said you didn't wish to use the early walk off option, but maybe you might wish to re-think it. It's real easy. Easier than taking the train that you propose.

I always use a private cab. We fly into Fll a day early, and stay at a hotel. I use a private cab, to transport us from the hotel to the cruise terminal. I let the driver know we will need him when we get back to get to the airport, I have his # and he has our #. He is always there for us. After we get our luggage, we call his cell # and he pulls up to the loading area. We get to airport in 15 minutes.

We used the Princess transfers for our first cruise many years ago and I remember we sat for what seemed forever for the bus to fill up:(. After that we have always taken a cab, not matter what time our flight is, and never had a problem getting to the airport in time:D