Which would you choose?

MsSoCalCruiser

I'm very excited to have a Caribe balcony on my next cruise.

If you had your choice would you rather book a Caribe balcony, a mini suite, or a WS and why? I'm just wondering. :)

It would depend upon the length of the cruise and the itinerary. On shorter cruises it's an aft Cat BD Caribe deck balcony for us. On a longer cruise (two weeks or more) or with many sea days, I would prefer the additional space of a mini-suite or a WS. Only three ships (Grand, Golden and Caribbean) have WS so your choice is limited. We enjoyed a WS for two weeks in Alaska. A mini-suite balcony is less useful in Alaska and we had great views from our windows. Also enjoyed a WS on a 10 day Mexico cruise from San Francisco. We are sailing on the Regal next month and have booked a deluxe balcony. With the loveseat that may be an interesting option. The standard Caribe deck balconies on the Regal and Royal are the same as other decks and don't have the large, half covered balconies :( Enjoy your Caribe deck balcony on your next cruise :) Edited by IECalCruiser

We've always taken the Caribe Deck balcony cabin and never considered a window suite or mini suite. We had friends on the Caribbean Princess when we were on two weeks ago. They were in a window suite. They loved getting to eat breakfast in Sabatini's. They're still on the ship this week. My co-worker and her son were on another cruise with us, sailing in a mini suite. It worked out well for them, especially having the second television so the son could watch what he wanted.

I'm very excited to have a Caribe balcony on my next cruise.

If you had your choice would you rather book a Caribe balcony, a mini suite, or a WS and why? I'm just wondering. :)

WS for us. But only 3 of the ships have them. We don't use the balcony much because of the uncomfortable furniture and skin cancer issues. We do like the extra room in the minis. wish they had OV minis.

We need a balcony and while the minis are nice, we'd rather save money and cruise a little more often.

On our next cruise, we had a BD Caribe balcony booked and were upgraded to a B2 Caribe balcony, but we didn't like the location so DH called and got them to downgrade us to an upgrade of a B4 Dolphin balcony (our favourite category). B4s face off the aft of the ship so they're covered and are very nice and quiet.

I would opt for Caribe deck, with the larger half covered balconies. For the price difference, IMO they are the best bet. Never had a WS, and don't want one. I enjoy my balcony too much. If I just want to be able to look out a window, an OV cabin works just fine, for a lot less $$.

The only minis I find impressive and and worth the higher fare are the ones on the Ocean and Pacific Princess ships ...... they are significantly larger.

I have cruised in both a Caribe deck balcony cabin and in a Mini on the Golden. While there is the "sitting area" in the mini, I found it really did not get much use. Some days I would sit there while typing on my netbook, and that's about it. If I was going to sit and read, I chose the balcony, for the views and the scent of the ocean air. The 2 TVs is not as big a deal as they sound like, because it's rather difficult to have 2 different channels going at the same time if you plan to use the audio, since the cabin is still just one room! The larger bathroom is nice, but due to the height of the bathtub side wall, climbing in and out is difficult, especially if the ship is rocking. I much prefer a shower stall.

JMHO, but I would pick a Caribe balcony cabin over the other two choices any day.

We usually book the mini suites. we like the extra room with the sofa and the larger bathroom with the tub. On the Grand class, we like the Emerald Deck minis with the covered balconies. On the Royal class, we like the mid ship minis on the port side with the larger angled balconies.

We usually book the mini suites. we like the extra room with the sofa and the larger bathroom with the tub. On the Grand class, we like the Emerald Deck minis with the covered balconies. On the Royal class, we like the mid ship minis on the port side with the larger angled balconies.

Now you're talkin' :) :) :)

Yes!

WS for us. But only 3 of the ships have them. We don't use the balcony much because of the uncomfortable furniture and skin cancer issues. We do like the extra room in the minis. wish they had OV minis.
Actually, there are on the Coral and Island. They are Cat MY and are the four farthest forward cabins on Baja, B201-B204, and Caribe, C201-C204.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The only minis I find impressive and and worth the higher fare are the ones on the Ocean and Pacific Princess ships ...... they are significantly larger.

Yes, good point. The aft facing minis on the Sun Class ships are larger and nicer, too. Larger and nicer than suites on some other ships. Lots of nice fixtures and storage space, as well. Wow!

Sun, Dawn, and Sea. What ships. Ahoy!

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

We've always taken the Caribe Deck balcony cabin and never considered a window suite or mini suite. We had friends on the Caribbean Princess when we were on two weeks ago. They were in a window suite. They loved getting to eat breakfast in Sabatini's. They're still on the ship this week. My co-worker and her son were on another cruise with us, sailing in a mini suite. It worked out well for them, especially having the second television so the son could watch what he wanted.

A very nicely balanced comment, Geoherb. Thanks! :)

When there were 4 comfortable chais on the Caribe balcony, we much preferred this balcony. Balconies only have one comfortable chair along with the desk chair, and we would bring one of the balcony chairs inside so we would both have a comfortable place to sit.

Now we book minis. I don't like the tub, don't need an extra TV, but at least we can both sit comfortably when we are in the cabin. Now if the Dolphin deck minis only had some shade---

Edited by Nancyquilts

When there were 4 comfortable chais on the Caribe balcony, we much preferred this balcony. Balconies only have one comfortable chair along with the desk chair, and we would bring one of the balcony chairs inside so we would both have a comfortable place to sit.

Now we book minis. I don't like the tub, don't need an extra TV, but at least we can both sit comfortably when we are in the cabin. Now if the Dolphin deck minis only had some shade---

I prefer the Emerald deck mini's. Full covered and always try for E731if available balcony twice as big even though the deck plans don't show it. ( E730 also has larger balcony, but have read negative comments about possible noise.) On my next 3 cruises, only able to snag it once, was gone on the other 2 even though one not till April 2016.....

Yes' date=' good point. The aft facing minis on the Sun Class ships are larger and nicer, too. Larger and nicer than suites on some other ships. Lots of nice fixtures and storage space, as well. Wow!

Sun, Dawn, and Sea. What ships. Ahoy![/quote']

Mini's on Sun Class ships are the same size as most full suites on Grand Class ships.

Mini's on Sun Class ships are the same size as most full suites on Grand Class ships.

But the interior rooms are incredibly small! Much smaller than interior on Grand Class. You have to go out of the room in order to have room to change your mind!

Note: First cruise was 10 days in an interior on Sea Princess. The room may have been very small but it hooked me on cruising... :)

On Grand Class, first choice would be mini-suite on Emerald Deck, second choice would be aft facing on Carib.

On Regal/Royal I would choose aft facing deluxe balcony on Dolphin Deck.

On Coral/Island it would be aft corner on Emerald Deck.

Edited by billco

On Grand Class, first choice would be mini-suite on Emerald Deck, second choice would be aft facing on Carib.

On Regal/Royal I would choose aft facing deluxe balcony on Dolphin Deck.

On Coral/Island it would be aft corner on Emerald Deck.

Thanks for this posting. On the Royal/ Regal, how is the soot situation for the aft facing deluxe balcony on Dolphin? Your experience?

On the Coral/Island, is the aft corner mini on Emerald deck partially covered? Is it sheltered?

Thanks!

On the Coral/Island' date=' is the aft corner mini on Emerald deck partially covered? Is it sheltered?[/quote']

They are not minis, just reg balconies. Covered but exposed.

The lower deck where people are standing.

photo-e.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Given a choice and finances, I'd love to try a WS for the sweet suite experience. :)

Otherwise, I'd book a mini and then a Caribe in that order. But then I've pretty much given up on balcony cabins due to the uncomfortable furniture and am booking OVs and the Sanctuary, depending on the itinerary.

Thanks for this posting. On the Royal/ Regal' date=' how is the soot situation for the aft facing deluxe balcony on Dolphin? Your experience?

On the Coral/Island, is the aft corner mini on Emerald deck partially covered? Is it sheltered?

Thanks![/quote']We were in Dolphin 730 on the Royal's Maiden Caribbean cruise. It was a deluxe balcony (small couch) that was half covered, similar to Carib on Grand Class. There was soot, but not a big issue. My wife put towels over the chairs and washed the table. On the Coral, we had E736, which was a covered aft corner balcony on a Panama cruise. It was our favorite canal viewing level and also had easy access to the aft open area.