Transferring booking to TA

ryano

I have contacted a local Travel agent through email about transferring my booking to her and am awaiting a call back to see what kind of perks she can offer.

If I decide to do this, can I still do minor things like call Gifts and Gear and order strawberries and prepaid OBC? Or does she have to handle that as well?

I realize a regular 7 night booking in an OV cabin wont get me much as far as perks goes but if she would prepay our gratuities or give us some OBC, it might make it worth switching.

I'm booked under BOGOHO so I don't think I would get any price drops that may happen without them repricing the cruise without the BOGOHO offer. Correct?

Bookings made directly with RCI can be transferred to a TA within 60 days of the booking date. Once transferred they "own" the reservation and anything regarding pricing, payments, stateroom selection, etc., will need to be processed through them. Miscellaneous items such as those to which you refer as well as excursions, etc., can be handled on line by you directly.

Note that any perks or OBC's offered to you by a TA will come directly from their commission and many TA's will impose separate fees from RCI for originating, modifying, or cancelling a booking. I would discuss their policies in detail before transferring any booking and IMO would avoid any TA that imposes these fees not charged directly by RCI.

Price drops prior to final payment will be honored by the TA but you likely will have to contact them to have them implement the change for you. Not many will proactively do that for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I have contacted a local Travel agent through email about transferring my booking to her and am awaiting a call back to see what kind of perks she can offer.

If I decide to do this, can I still do minor things like call Gifts and Gear and order strawberries and prepaid OBC? Or does she have to handle that as well?

I realize a regular 7 night booking in an OV cabin wont get me much as far as perks goes but if she would prepay our gratuities or give us some OBC, it might make it worth switching.

I'm booked under BOGOHO so I don't think I would get any price drops that may happen without them repricing the cruise without the BOGOHO offer. Correct?

You can still use the Cruise Planner (such as it is) secion of Royal's website for excursions, specialty dining, Gifts & Gear, etc.

Price drops will result in all stateroom guests being re-priced.

Ryan, just make sure you also ask if they charge any fees for changing your reservation or cancelling. Some TA have fees for everything, others charge no fees but will reduce the perks you get from them if you get a price drop.

Thanks :) That is the one thing I did mention in my email :)

There are some nice offers with online TAs out there but they charge a fee for EVERYTHING.

Im happy with the price I paid so Im not even looking for price drops :) Especially since I booked using the BOGOHO offer.

Thank y'all for the quick help.

Thanks :)There are some nice offers with online TAs out there but they charge a fee for EVERYTHING.

Which IMO I would avoid using those TA's at all cost as mentioned before. :) May not be worth the perks with any changes you may need to make.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Also, just an fyi for disabled special needs folks. Our TA who we've used for many years now knows all of our HC needs and keeps required docs on file for us. She knows all our quirks and preferences so it really makes our reservation process a breeze.

Having said that, make sure you find a TA you're comfortable with first, then you should be good to go.

Which IMO I would avoid using those TA's at all cost as mentioned before. :) May not be worth the perks with any changes you may need to make.

I have gotten some great deals with an online TA. Everything is spelled out in the contract and I have never been unhappy. As long as you know the rules going in they offer some great perks.

I will often transfer to a TA if I'm very pleased with the price I selected myself. I have two biggies on the books, one the 3, 4 5th person free and the other BOGOHO. I transfer to different TAs for big OBC. I've seen the prices drop but not quite more than what I paid so I'm not cringing yet.

I did book something last year, transferred to a TA, then ended up upgrading a couple of categories. The TA didn't charge a fee, but nor did she give additional perks. Such is life.

Sometimes I go with a transfer to a TA, sometimes I don't. Usually if its a significant category where the perks are awesome. I say do it, if you are happy with the price and I think for the most part, the BOGOHO are a good deal. So even though you are in a OV you will probably get something more than directly with RCI.