ridiculous prices?

anyone else feel that these prices that RCCL are charging these days are crazy? a balcony cabin 7 night cruise on oasis in january is over $2000 per person? I have sailed mostly RCCL over the last 5 years but heck mide as well sail with disney with the kids for that price! I guess I just wanted to vent a bit.

Maybe compared to what you are used to but we have paid prices like that for some time

Probably a prep price so sales sound better also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with you!

The next sale will look so much more inviting;)

Mind you my next RCI cruise is another 14 nighter Perth to Singapore and it only cost us $1350US each for a promenade cabin including grats so $2000US is pretty pricey for 7 nights thats almost $286pp per night:eek:

anyone else feel that these prices that RCCL are charging these days are crazy? a balcony cabin 7 night cruise on oasis in january is over $2000 per person? I have sailed mostly RCCL over the last 5 years but heck mide as well sail with disney with the kids for that price! I guess I just wanted to vent a bit.

I agree with you.:rolleyes:

I know this is not for everyone but if you can on ships like Oasis, Allure, Freedom, Liberty and Independence you will find some amazing last minute deals. Especially for off season like January!

Yes...but the airfare from Northern California, Vancouver, BC or Malaga, Spain is a deal breaker for most of those last minute opportunities. :)

I agree with you.:rolleyes:

Yes...but the airfare from Northern California, Vancouver, BC or Malaga, Spain is a deal breaker for most of those last minute opportunities. :)

Choice Air seems to offer some very good deals...even right now a return flight from Barcelona for the Oasis T/A in 8 dais is $500...

The OP is from the US and flights are generally inexpensive compared to our international flights....

But yes it can be a challenge sometimes...but that's half the fun...:D

I have noticed during the Kids Sail Free and the BOGOHO sales, they tend to hike up the 1st and/or second person price so when they take off the "free kids" or the "half off second person" that it averges out to a 'normal' per person price. My local grocery store does the same thing. Ice cream is normally $3.49, but during their BOGO sale it magically goes up to $5.99 each, so you're really only saving a buck. Once these sales are over on 9/15, I suspect the prices will level out more.

I have noticed during the Kids Sail Free and the BOGOHO sales, they tend to hike up the 1st and/or second person price so when they take off the "free kids" or the "half off second person" that it averges out to a 'normal' per person price. My local grocery store does the same thing. Ice cream is normally $3.49, but during their BOGO sale it magically goes up to $5.99 each, so you're really only saving a buck. Once these sales are over on 9/15, I suspect the prices will level out more.

Unfortunately 9/15 is the final payment date for my cruise so with these "sale" prices looks like I won't get a price drop. Maybe I can upgrade to a suite after final payment though....:rolleyes:

I have noticed during the Kids Sail Free and the BOGOHO sales, they tend to hike up the 1st and/or second person price so when they take off the "free kids" or the "half off second person" that it averges out to a 'normal' per person price.

Agree with this. Compared to the past several years of December cruising pricing has gone up a few hundred pp on my upcoming cruise.

But people are buying and ships are sailing full so there is obviously a demand. I booked a cruise even with the higher fares which indicates we still like the product enough to pay a slightly elevated price.

There are great deals out there for January but not on Royal. You can sail for two weeks in a balcony on other lines vs Royal. :)

Where are you getting 4K (2K pp)?

Ocean view balcony rates I found

Jan 3rd $3200 for 2

Jan 10 $3457 for 2

Jan 17 $2699 for 2

Jan 24 $3112 for 2

Next year Jan 2016 all dates around $2400 for 2

pay not to wait too long to book

Edited by SeaUs

I hear ya. Even our normal policy of picking our cruises as early as possible and booking early doesn't seem to work lately. For instance, we booked the Indy for Oct of next year and got a great deal on it back in June before all this "sale" nonsense. We got a promenade for around $900 total for a 7 day cruise, a great deal for 2 people. Shortly after all the summer sale crap started we decided we'd book the cruise right after and get a back to back on it. The next week is one day shorter but we're paying $350 more for it! Crazy prices. We decided to book it anyway hoping that once all this sale nonsense gets out of the way that prices may actually drop a bit.

Quite a few friends ask me for vacation advice. It's getting very hard to recommend a RCI cruise over a land vacation with the latest pricing. I can see why many are frustrated. The RC "wow" has been the huge price fluctuations.

One thing we know. T he ships need to be filled to turn a profit = last minute price drops.

Probably a lot of cabins have disappeared when the first six months of '14 sales were introduced. We got a C1 cabin on the Feb. '16 Oasis for under $800per with a balcony discount. Also, got $100 RCL OBC (NCC) and $150 OBC and dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant form our TA.

During the previous and latest sale, I did mock bookings for a 12 nite Mediterranean on the Vision for July/August '15 and it would have cost us $3,000 per for a balcony. As I did in past years, I waited and continued to follow up on the pricing, but unfortunately, all of the balcony cabins are gone. Have to wait until the '16 schedule to be released. One big difference between the 2015 and previous, is that RCL had a Brilliance class ship with more balconies.

Booked a PR cabin on upcoming Liberty cruise with BOGOHO and price is exactly what we paid for the same category last year, same time frame on the Mariner, without the half price campaign. I was more than ok with the price when first booked so any price drops before final payment would be icing. :)

Edited by BonTexasNY

My June 2015 Alaskan cruise is pricing as $4K more than my invoice right now. I can't imagine paying current prices! *shaking my head*

I feel good about my invoices as well, especially recently. Prices have definitely jumped on many cruises, and I have seen them drop teasingly for short periods only to quickly rise again. The promotions they're running now aren't all that enticing, at least compared to the first week of May. That May "bogoho" sale had some great deals for the first 2 or 3 days, but those were snapped up rather quickly before the prices got jacked up. It was just luck, but I happened to go online on 5/1 and saved thousands on an OS cabin on the Oasis, plus several hundred each on two other cruises I had already booked.

Good luck OP, and keep checking. Hopefully they will fall again soon!

In response to the original poster, I feel the same way. We've been spoiled by having a balcony room, so it's a must when we cruise. We would love to go on the Oasis/Allure, but we are finding that it is pricey. I'm finding $2000 per cabin as well. I suspect that prices for those ships will go down once Quantum/Anthem debuts, but it is frustrating. I'm finding that Celebrity is cheaper than Royal these days, who is typically more expensive.

Unfortunately Royal's pricing has changed. To not giving "low" prices. Till after final payment date. It makes it hard for those that have to use air to get to the ports. Those that drive (like me) can wait for the reduced fares.

We booked an Oasis cruise for January 2015 while onboard our last cruise fully thinking that we would be changing it (and we did). Still looking at going on that cruise but will wait till last minute to rebook.

"2013 The 2013 year-end passenger forecast is that a record 21.3 million passengers cruised globally during the year, including 11.7 million North Americans. Coupled with an annual occupancy percentage that exceeded 100%, this passenger growth shows sustained consumer interest in cruising and an industry where demand continues to outstrip supply.

In 2013 alone, 13 new ships—totaling a $3.23 billion investment and 14,887 new beds—debuted globally from CLIA Member Lines, presenting new options for guest capacities ranging from 60 to 3,969 to sail the world’s waters for the first time. "

There are people standing in line waiting to book, regardless of what you hear

Demand outstrips supply

Edited by setsail

My jaw has dropped a few times when looking at pricing, but there are deals out there, you just have to look for them...

Our Oasis cruise in November was booked when there was a Texas Resident discount of about $1,000 per person!:) We've had Serenade from New Orleans booked forever, but I was able to reprice that one during the first BOGOHO sale, and our GS is the least we've paid for any cabin on any 7 night cruise since 2005!:eek:

Finally, I'm booked on the Liberty in December 2015 --the reservation was made during the first BOGOHO sale. My GS on Liberty in 2015 is $150 per person less than my GS on Navigator this year!:D That made my jaw drop in a good way, because I thought our price on Navigator was pretty good.

Take a look around. There are some prices that will shock you in both a good and a bad way!