Just off Jewel...

pthjudy

That is good to hear such a great report. We are looking forward to sailing on her in 3 weeks.

I do have one question for you that you may or may not know the answer to. Do you know if Chops has made the switch to the new menu on Jewel?:confused:

C&A told me that JW has transitioned to new menu. However, we all,know their info is not always accurate. I can let you know next week.

We are thinking about doing this in st kitts, the sail to Nevis with a snorkel stop. Can you explain what you mean by sort of fun? Thank you.

Okay I'll explain it to you. We did take the snorkel cruise to Nevis. The crew was wonderful the food was good. Although we didn't snorkel we enjoyed watching. I say sort of fun because it was way too much drinking going on. There was continuous open bar even when they took us to the beach in Nevis. I admit I had a bottle of beer with lunch. But some people were literally falling down drunk. There were some children on board including my two grandchildren. A woman started dirty dancing with the crew. A few people had to be cut off. That's why I said sort of fun.

From the conversations we have had with crew on board ships, Jewel and her sisters are their favourite ships to work on, and are the most requested for new contracts, so I guess they can be quite picky about getting the best staff.

#8656. We had booked an inside but with price drops we upgraded to a balcony for $13 total! Not too shabby. My only complaint was no wifi in cabins.

No WiFi? Isn't there a 1wk pkg for $100? Where would one use this?

Also curious about this. I thought that RCCL had wifi throughout their ships. I NEED to stay in contact with work while I'm gone and usually check e-mail 3-4 times a day. I prefer to do this from my cabin, instead of having to schlep my lap top around or go to the internet café.

It's so nice to hear your good comments. Thank you.:)

We were on the Jewel for a B2B in May - 9 ports total. I did write a complete review, including what we did at all 9 ports, if you are interested. Here it is, also in my signature.

We also had wonderful service. She is a lovely ship. The primary negative is the internet as stated above. My DH has to keep in contact for business reasons and he was very frustrated with it. According to the LA, the internet should be receiving an upgrade shortly and be similar to the great internet service on the Oasis Class. I hope it happens soon, because we are booked on her again in October 2015 for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise!

Oh wow! That IS disappointing about the Wi-Fi. Glad to have a heads up about it, though, before we board in a couple of weeks. We'll make do.

Do you...or anyone...know the hours of the Concierge Lounge....and the current Concierge? How about the Captain?

We also had phenomenal service on Jewel last year.

I did in 2012, but the dining room service in 2014 late seating was pretty slow! Hoping this was a one time thing. Service everywhere else was still good.

Edited by BillOh

Okay I'll explain it to you. We did take the snorkel cruise to Nevis. The crew was wonderful the food was good. Although we didn't snorkel we enjoyed watching. I say sort of fun because it was way too much drinking going on. There was continuous open bar even when they took us to the beach in Nevis. I admit I had a bottle of beer with lunch. But some people were literally falling down drunk. There were some children on board including my two grandchildren. A woman started dirty dancing with the crew. A few people had to be cut off. That's why I said sort of fun.

We were with you on that tour...yes, some people got out of control. The girl dirty dancing was a newlywed on her honeymoon and they were not on the cruise. I remember specifically because I was in shock that she would dance like that....they were outta control but I think the crew did a great job by cutting them off once they noticed they had had too much to drink. Other than that I really enjoyed the tour. I think I spoke to you, I didn't snorkel either...I had on the brown bikini with the matching pants.

The service on the Jewel was amazing as well.

We were with you on that tour...yes, some people got out of control. The girl dirty dancing was a newlywed on her honeymoon and they were not on the cruise. I remember specifically because I was in shock that she would dance like that....they were outta control but I think the crew did a great job by cutting them off once they noticed they had had too much to drink. Other than that I really enjoyed the tour. I think I spoke to you, I didn't snorkel either...I had on the brown bikini with the matching pants.

The service on the Jewel was amazing as well.

Of course I remember speaking with you. Glad you got home safely. Awful rain in San Juan but we made it too. It was truly a great cruise!

Since the Jewel hasn't yet gone into its major drydock, sounds like there's a good/bad tradeoff - still have the Seaview, but don't have wifi in cabins. Has anyone cruised in one of the Deck 10 aft cabins directly below the Windjammer and had any luck getting wifi on their balconies? We'll hope for the best, but make do if it doesn't work out that way!

Any luck snagging free WiFi at any of the ports? Perhaps outside a hotel/resort or restaurant? Surely these places realize this is a hot commodity for tourists and advertise at their establishments to lure in patrons.

Since the Jewel hasn't yet gone into its major drydock, sounds like there's a good/bad tradeoff - still have the Seaview, but don't have wifi in cabins. Has anyone cruised in one of the Deck 10 aft cabins directly below the Windjammer and had any luck getting wifi on their balconies? We'll hope for the best, but make do if it doesn't work out that way!

We cruise in aft cabins, deck 10, could not get any wifi on our balcony. I din't think the windjammer has any wifi antennas.

We did get it at some ports, but not while on the ship - had to go to nearby bars for wifi.

Edited by Miss Vickie