New MAGIC Bands are coming to RCCL

skyking

Yes, you can opt for a SeaPass. But, going on a cruise is supposed to cut down on the logistics of travel. I say a cruise is like going on a road trip, but you don't have to constantly pack and unpack, because the hotel moves from place to place. But, between Dynamic Dining and SeaPass or WOW band, RC is forcing people to make more decisions.

If I wanted to make a lot of decisions, I'd skip the vacation and go to work each day.

I believe you are over thinking this topic. A decision as to whether you want a Seapass card or WOW band should take a couple of seconds. It almost sounds like you want the cruise lines to either make the WOW band mandatory or just stick forever with the Seapass card system, just so that you aren't faced with a decision. Personally, I will be happy with either as long as I am on a cruise ship! :D

Just a thought

If you have the drinks Package do you have to take both bands to the bar when ordering drinks for yourself and your other half?

I would say yes, as you would have had to take both sea pass cards in the past. If your spouse also had a sea pass card, as well as the band, you just take the card. That would still leave them with the band.

You would have thought the technology was there to allow 2 drinks on the band or card if both in the room have the package wouldn't you

All of a sudden people think that RCI's IT department is run by a bunch of brainiacs. History does not bear this out.

It seems that most people who have actually worn and used these bands like them and people who have no first hand knowledge of the bands say they will never wear them. I read through the posts and many of the people who thought they would hate the bands liked them when they had to wear them at Disney. They seem to be more convenient than the Sea Pass and they are removable. I'll give it a try.

We were at Disney this past weekend. I saw a lot of the bands.... on the floor. My son was playing in a kids area where kids kept finding them on the floor. The Disney attendant would put them into a bin that seemed pretty full. I probably saw at least 5 bands while walking through the park on the walkways. I guess they can fall off??

We still have our regular Disney annual passes....haven't requested the bands yet. Everyone seemed ok with the cards. I don't think we would use the bands to the extent they are intended for.... but that is just us.

I probably saw at least 5 bands while walking through the park on the walkways. I guess they can fall off??

The ones at Disney work kind of like "one size fits all" baseball caps...with the plastic pegs at one end and 6 or 7 holes at the other end so they can be easily sized to the wrist of the person wearing it. however, that also makes it easy for kids to pull them off. I was constantly doing a "band check" with our kids to make sure they still had them.

I'm one of the thoses who has never lost a seapass card. I can see how the bands would be beneficial because though I have never lost a seapass card, I'm constantly looking to make sure I have it.

It may have been said earlier, but is this option given when you check in on the ship or how would you request it? Also, is it available on all ships?

To me, these bands are a solution in search of a need that does not exist.

Until you have actually used them, you have no idea how wonderful they are to use! We couldn't have been more impressed with the way they worked and the ease of using them. I guess people are just skeptical of using something "new!"

Until you have actually used them, you have no idea how wonderful they are to use! We couldn't have been more impressed with the way they worked and the ease of using them. I guess people are just skeptical of using something "new!"

What need have they solved?

Edited by oysterdam

As if seapass card is somehow hard to use?:confused:

Without any opinion on the topic, here, for your consideration, are Neil Postman's six questions concerning any technology:

1. What is the problem to which this technology is a solution?

2. Whose problem is it?

3. Suppose we solve this problem, and solve it decisively. What new problems might be created by because we have solved the problem?

4. Which people and what institutions might be most seriously harmed by a technological solution?

5. What changes in language are being enforced by new technologies and what is being gained or lost by such changes?

6. What sort of people and institutions acquire special economic or political power because of technological change?

I'm sure had he lived long ehough, he'd surely have added, "No. 7. How will they track my slot play?"

The Magic Bands are good for a few years....can use them over and over...

at least that's the case with disney...

Also, we received ours weeks before we actually arrived at Disney....when we did step off the bus, people were there waiting with their tablets to scan the bands.

Also, all your info is not stored on the band itself...it is just a link between you and your account.

I went to the front desk to make some changes with my CC...they did not re-program my band...just changed the info in the computer system.

Edited by B-52