Questions about Insignia

Caroldoll

Yes, yes and yes.

Bear in mind that Regatta, Insignia and Nautica are virtually identical.

Also, I believe that Insignia was the first ship to go into drydock -- perhaps just because it had recently come off a lease from another cruiseline.

Don't worry!

Mura

No problem then! I'm sure she'll enjoy the cruise. We love the "R" ships ... they were the first ones we knew!

Remember that there are many loyal O passengers who prefer the "R" ships. (I'm somewhat torn myself.)

Mura

Edited by Mura

Paul....i realize that you live in the SF area, so maybe you don't get to see that big yellow hot thing in the sky very often, but I go to the beach several times a week covered in SPF30 and walk and sit.

some people use drugs, others martinis.....i go to the beach....alone!!!

No radio, no mp3, nuthin but the waves... (well sometimes, the little cooler does have a little wine, but shhh!!)

I just returned from a cruise on Insignia in the Med. It was 104 and very humid in Seville the day we were there, and pretty hot elsewhere along the route (southern Spain plus Canary Islands, Lisbon and Madeira, and Gibraltar). I felt like a french fry day after day, and was actually kind of looking forward to a day of cloudiness when we woke up in Gibraltar. Each day, when I came back to the ship hot, sweaty and often a little burned due to use of wimpy suntan lotion, sunbathing just did NOT appeal to me one bit. (I suppose being in my 60s, and living 2 1/2 hours from the Atlantic enters into the equation, too.) However, there were plenty of people (young and old) who did seem to take every opportunity they could to lie on the pool deck, and didn't mind being surrounded by others. I was up on the top deck (what I call the fishes deck) myself for a couple hours on one of the sea days, but I took toys (MP3 player for music and Kindle for internet - yes, the ship's WiFi was good up there!) It was not exactly a bucolic scene, but I enjoyed it.

Therefore, the answer to the question of whether people over the age of 18 still do it is definitely "yes" - although many of the older folks are lying in the shade!

I learned when I was much younger that on cloudy days, you can still get a miserable sunburn. My eyes were swollen shut for 3 days, I got such a wonderful burn. Never again.

Ouch - I've heard that's the case. Luckily I don't burn easily and have never experienced that.

There sure were a lot of lobster-looking people on our ship after a couple days, as we had 2 weeks of bright sun with only a half day of cloudy weather in Gibraltar. I definitely underestimated what the Mediterranean sun could do in a short amount of time...