How obscured is obscured on Royal?

ellie1145

We are looking at booking and emerald deck balcony and would be most grateful for any information on how obscured the balcony is likely to be, please?

Will the lifeboat be right in front of the balcony, or will it be below? Or will we have a derrick right in front of the balcony?

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...
We are looking at booking and emerald deck balcony and would be most grateful for any information on how obscured the balcony is likely to be, please?

Will the lifeboat be right in front of the balcony, or will it be below? Or will we have a derrick right in front of the balcony?

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks!

If you Google Princess Obstructed view cabins, there is a great site called cabin view by renmar. I booked E412 on the Royal after looking at the photos. it is listed as being obstructed but only because the balcony on one side is slightly angled. We look down on deck 7, but you can look straight out to sea.

Book E226 or E227. Absolutely no obstruction straight out, or forward, minimal looking down, maybe 30 degrees obstruction toward the stern. Check the deck plans. Also, check the thread about Regal/Royal obstructed balconies. It is currently on this page.

Harry

Edited by traveling1969

I have E703 on my upcoming Royal cruise and it should be completely unobstructed. I'll take photos, natch. :) Princess upgraded me to a mid-ship Aloha balcony cabin but I said, "No way!" and got my cabin back.

Pam has the starboard side and we have chosen the port side with cabin E702. We have been in this cabin before and have booked it for 3 of the next 4 sailings on the Royal class ships. There is no obstruction directly out, down and aft. A slight obstruction from a vessel forward but not enough to spoil the view. It is the best value category cabin because if falls into obstructed group with very minimal blockage.

With other cabins on Emerald deck there usually is a view directly out over the top of the tenders/rescue vessels but some will have obstruction from the davits. Refer to the many threads and photos of the various cabins and their views.

Book E226 or E227. Absolutely no obstruction straight out, or forward, minimal looking down, maybe 30 degrees obstruction toward the stern. Check the deck plans. Also, check the thread about Regal/Royal obstructed balconies. It is currently on this page.

Harry

We were in E228 for last April's Royal TA and enjoyed the view from there so would add it and its equivalent E229 to the list of good so-called obscured view cabins. They're also very handy to the forward stairs and the theater.

Edited by BarbinMich