edocs and Choice Air

ghstudio

I've been following the roll call for our cruise and suddenly everyone is talking about receiving their edocs and ordering baggage labels. Great! So I checked out our cruise on celebritycruises.com and no labels available.....and no edocs received. Our friends who booked after us with the same (large) TA even received their edocs. After a bit of digging, it seems that our edocs are delayed until choice air does something (not sure what). We do have our one way tickets (it's a TA) booked (and paid) through Choice Air.

So we wait. No one at our TA or Celebrity has a clue how to fix this...or what to fix. We are assured we have our flight (confirmed on AA's web site) and we are assured we have our cabin (confirmed on celebrity's site and with our TA).

I guess this is just another manifestation of Celebrity's lousy computer system ....but be aware that Choice Air and edocs seem to be intertwined.

I've been following the roll call for our cruise and suddenly everyone is talking about receiving their edocs and ordering baggage labels. Great! So I checked out our cruise on celebritycruises.com and no labels available.....and no edocs received. Our friends who booked after us with the same (large) TA even received their edocs. After a bit of digging, it seems that our edocs are delayed until choice air does something (not sure what). We do have our one way tickets (it's a TA) booked (and paid) through Choice Air.

So we wait. No one at our TA or Celebrity has a clue how to fix this...or what to fix. We are assured we have our flight (confirmed on AA's web site) and we are assured we have our cabin (confirmed on celebrity's site and with our TA).

I guess this is just another manifestation of Celebrity's lousy computer system ....but be aware that Choice Air and edocs seem to be intertwined.

I've booked one way air through Choice Air four times and it has never hindered me from getting my e-docs and ordering luggage tags (about six weeks out). Don't get me started of that screwed up computer system. I've been trying to access my reservation (My Celebrity) for over a week now. I've called them several times and they are working in it.

Let me tell you that I book through a TA and for some really ODD and annoying reason everyone in the WORLD gets their edocs and tags usually a week or TWO before I get mine. I keep saying I feel like the red headed step child! And this has happened every cruise for several years. I should be used to it but by gosh I WANNA do the luggage tag dance along with everyone else.

I've called my TA. I've called Celebrity. No one can give me a good reason why. So I just have to suck it up, buttercup. :(

Well, I agree that it sucks :) but our friends used the same TA. They did not use choice air. So simple logic tells me it's choice air...which someone at celebrity confirmed....but they said we just have to wait until their computer system works it out. Needless to say, that wasn't a comforting thought....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is Choice Air. We went through that last spring - everyone on the roll call had theirs except us. My TA and I ended up on a conference call with Celebrity. It turned out I was confirmed on my flights, but we were waiting to be ticketed by Choice Air.

Our experience has been that when we use Choice Air we do not get our eDocs until about 28-30 days before sailing. Don't know why but that has been the case every time we use Choice Air. Not a problem as we have always been able to order & get luggage tags before we leave & don't have a need for the eDocs.

Our experience has been that when we use Choice Air we do not get our eDocs until about 28-30 days before sailing. Don't know why but that has been the case every time we use Choice Air. Not a problem as we have always been able to order & get luggage tags before we leave & don't have a need for the eDocs.

Is the same as yours in each of the four instances that I've used ChoiceAir... When I questioned the delay in receiving my E-Docs and in having the ability to order luggage tags prior to my first sailing that included ChoiceAir flight reservations, I was told--don't know if it's true--that ChoiceAir sweeps reservations for flight changes one last time about a month before first flight date to provide the most accurate information possible...

To date, it's always worked out...

Quite possibly it's because you have a CA reservation but have not actually been ticketed until a month or so before the cruise. A reservation and a ticket are two different things.

Is the same as yours in each of the four instances that I've used ChoiceAir... When I questioned the delay in receiving my E-Docs and in having the ability to order luggage tags prior to my first sailing that included ChoiceAir flight reservations, I was told--don't know if it's true--that ChoiceAir sweeps reservations for flight changes one last time about a month before first flight date to provide the most accurate information possible...

To date, it's always worked out...

Or more likely, they are actually waiting to ticket some pax. Flights can change within a month of flight time so I don't really know what good it would do to "sweep reservations" a month out. Things could still change.

Or more likely, they are actually waiting to ticket some pax. Flights can change within a month of flight time so I don't really know what good it would do to "sweep reservations" a month out. Things could still change.

But the need to ticket "some" passengers--when ChoiceAir doesn't issue physical tickets to them--is, to my mind, no more plausible than their desire to provide guests with the most current information relative to their flights within the context of their need to communicate with full recognition that some flights [but fewer of them] might still change up until a day or so prior to departure...

Doesn't much matter... Delayed access to E-Docs and luggage tag ordering seems to be a fact of life when ChoiceAir is involved... And--at least so far for me--it's always worked...

We have just had the same thing happen to us for our October Cruise. Saw others talk about getting their tickets and ordering bag tags.

Our flights to Southampton are organised by Celebrity on Flybe.

Ours did arrive yesterday which was 39 days before the cruise started. I thought it was due to our travel agent delaying paying the cruise but it may just be because of the flights.

25 days fur us and because of the Celebrity Website I cannot find any button to press to download my e booklet with flight details and transfers . And I have completed my booking details and credit card info.And printed off my express form.

I cannot recall this problem in February when we cruised with Celebrity to the Caribbean . So please Mr Celebrity can you tell us why we are having problems this time round .

Scotslizzy

So simple logic tells me it's choice air...

There's where you're making your BIG mistake. You're trying to apply simple logic. Keep in mind what company you're dealing with and that will help you forget about any so-called "logic"..... :D:eek::D