Wrist bands

Bogof1

Just read that Royal Caribbean not having sea pass cards on their new ships but wrist bands instead......Benidorm here we come. Let's hope Princess don't go the same way cant imagine wearing a bright blue band with my evening dress!

:eek:

You might want to reread before freaking out. They will be optional. Sea pass cards are still around and everyone will still be issued one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a relief. They are so tacky and make you an obvious target when on land by pick pockets/beggars etc

Please define what. "It " is. RCL has said the they're optional

Planet cruise website. Stated Quantum and Anthem would have NO sea pass cards. I was only asking for people's feelings about this. It didn't mention any other ships so as you said they prob still have cards. Obviously you know more than I do ..sorry

Planet cruise website. Stated Quantum and Anthem would have NO sea pass cards. I was only asking for people's feelings about this. It didn't mention any other ships so as you said they prob still have cards. Obviously you know more than I do ..sorry

No need to apologize. RCL has been very clear that it's an option for people that want them. Everyone gets a cruise card and a wrist band is available for $2. I kind of like them so I wouldn't have to carry a card - great for the pool but obviously I'd remove it for dinners , pictures etc

I think you have a wrong idea on what kind of wrist bands these are. These are similar to Disney's magic bands, which are more like watch bands and they are removable. You do not have to wear them on a wrist, sometimes at Disney I had mine on a belt loop. You would take them off when going ashore.

They are also available in 1000s of colors and customizeanle, though I doubt Princess or RCCL would go that route.

Given that Princess won't be doing this anytime soon, there's a lot of additional things that can be done with RFID capability (card or otherwise, the bands have better range) that you can't do with magstrip.

Imagine with Anytime dining that when you sit down at the table with food allergies a receiver in the table transmits to the kitchen to begin preparing your food order that you arranged the night before and notifies your server.

Imagine auto-check in at muster drills.

Imagine medical allergy info available to the medical team in case of emergency.

etc...

That's a relief. They are so tacky and make you an obvious target when on land by pick pockets/beggars etc

Like they can't spot people from the cruise ship unless they have an wrist band. :D:D

Given that Princess won't be doing this anytime soon, there's a lot of additional things that can be done with RFID capability (card or otherwise, the bands have better range) that you can't do with magstrip.

Imagine with Anytime dining that when you sit down at the table with food allergies a receiver in the table transmits to the kitchen to begin preparing your food order that you arranged the night before and notifies your server.

Imagine auto-check in at muster drills.

Imagine medical allergy info available to the medical team in case of emergency.

etc...

I'm still waiting for the waiters to carry tablets so I can see what the meals look like before ordering. ;)

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

This is just what I was thinking. Autistic kids come to mind. I don't like to wear things on my wrists either.
And people with dialysis shunts. Absolutely nothing can be on the arm with the shunt. Don't know if people with pacemakers or other medical devices would also be affected.

Hate to say it but that's a pretty ugly band. :( Definitely wouldn't go with my bling. :)

I think it's a great idea. Much nicer and safer than a lanyard hanging around your neck, easier than having to carry some kind of purse for your card, better than shoving your card down your bra, or stuffing it in your pocket. Is not like it's permanently attached, and is removable for those who won't, can't, or don't want to wear it.

Win-win for me but then again I'm kind of a rebel and don't mind printing off my own luggage tags.