Le Club Voyage Thumbs up or down

uktog

Been reading all the comments about the changes with interest. Lots of people say they're going back to Celebrity, but when I looked at the Captain's club on Celebrity their benefits seemed to line up with the new Azamara benefits - for example a reduction in internet costs, with the percentage reduction depending on which level you are, rather than any free minutes. It seems to me Azamara is just lining itself with the current Celebrity Captains club benefits.

Been reading all the comments about the changes with interest. Lots of people say they're going back to Celebrity, but when I looked at the Captain's club on Celebrity their benefits seemed to line up with the new Azamara benefits - for example a reduction in internet costs, with the percentage reduction depending on which level you are, rather than any free minutes. It seems to me Azamara is just lining itself with the current Celebrity Captains club benefits.

When I read this, I thought I had missed an announcement and that our benefits had been reduced on X. I just went to Celebrity Captain's Club site and confirmed that as Elite Plus I will still receive my complimentary 200 minute internet package and 2 complimentary bags of laundry, among other things. Elite receives 90 free internet minutes and one free bag of laundry.

I am very unhappy with the benefit reductions in LCV and as Discoverer Plus I will never get any benefit from the new plan. We currently have two cruises booked with Azamara. Too late to change one since the air has already been purchased. But still plenty of time to cancel the other. I am hopeful there will be some good news in the next few weeks.

You are completely mistaken grandma cruising.

When the Celebrity announcement was made my points level moved me from Elite to Elite Plus. As far as the Internet is concerned I am now given 200 minutes instead of 90, as well as many other things I can enjoy during my cruise.

I was very appreciative of the generous benefits before the change and very happy afterwards.

The Azamara announcement which we have waited 15 months for is completely the reverse.

You are completely mistaken grandma cruising.

When the Celebrity announcement was made my points level moved me from Elite to Elite Plus. As far as the Internet is concerned I am now given 200 minutes instead of 90, as well as many other things I can enjoy during my cruise.

I was very appreciative of the generous benefits before the change and very happy afterwards.

The Azamara announcement which we have waited 15 months for is completely the reverse.

Absolutely - And my husband and I each get two bags of laundry per cruise, ok it's not treated with quite the same loving care but for socks etc it's ideal. Also one item of dry cleaning each.

When I read this, I thought I had missed an announcement and that our benefits had been reduced on X. I just went to Celebrity Captain's Club site and confirmed that as Elite Plus I will still receive my complimentary 200 minute internet package and 2 complimentary bags of laundry, among other things. Elite receives 90 free internet minutes and one free bag of laundry.

I am very unhappy with the benefit reductions in LCV and as Discoverer Plus I will never get any benefit from the new plan. We currently have two cruises booked with Azamara. Too late to change one since the air has already been purchased. But still plenty of time to cancel the other. I am hopeful there will be some good news in the next few weeks.

You can't cancel your other one MaryLou. I'm assuming that's the same one we have booked for next year and we'd miss you both. :(

You can't cancel your other one MaryLou. I'm assuming that's the same one we have booked for next year and we'd miss you both. :(

We don't really want to cancel but are feeling unappreciated by Azamara right now. Looking forward to the fine tuning that has been promised. The November 2015 cruise happens to depart on the exact day of our 50th wedding anniversary, so is perfect for us. Maybe Mr. Pimentel will give us some free laundry and internet for an anniversary gift :D.

We don't really want to cancel but are feeling unappreciated by Azamara right now. Looking forward to the fine tuning that has been promised. The November 2015 cruise happens to depart on the exact day of our 50th wedding anniversary, so is perfect for us. Maybe Mr. Pimentel will give us some free laundry and internet for an anniversary gift :D.

That's it then. You definitely can't cancel as we'll be having the party celebrations in the Looking Glass. I think you and Jim should be starting the dancing. ;)

I don't understand. I read years ago that Interline guests did not get the return passenger perks such as the sparkling wine, free internet and laundry.

Looks like Azamara has made us all fall 'Inter Line' no internet, fizzy stuff or laundry for anyone ;)

Last time we had back to back cruise we received a complimentary lunch in Aqualina. This time the benefit had disappeared - of course we were disappointed.

The Internet was horrible on the cruise with Quest in The Black Sea and The Greek Islands. I usually use 2 hours a week on the net, this time I had to spend 8 hours. I managed to get by with the free minutes; if I had to pay, I would have complained - strongly. This is especially disappointing since other ships sailing in the same area have acceptable connections. :mad:

Since Azamara is putting in benefits I do not need; and removing the things I really appreciate, I will just go for another company. The staff on Azamara is very friendly, and I appreciate that there are no formal nights - but I can find this on other cruise lines and often with better food.

You are correct, Jade13.

Actually thats Not true..We always get points, perks And status for our cruises except on the 6 Star cruise lines, Silver Sea, Regent ect, And Not all interline prices are Really cheap, sometimes they are only a few hundred $$ cheaper than the cruiselines published fares! We Always get the perks within our status, as a matter of fact we just did a RCL cruise a couple weeks ago and because of our cruises with AZamara and Celebrity we were given Platinum Status on our RCL cruise with All the Platinum perks that it comes with!

Thanks!

Actually thats Not true..We always get points, perks And status for our cruises except on the 6 Star cruise lines, Silver Sea, Regent ect, And Not all interline prices are Really cheap, sometimes they are only a few hundred $$ cheaper than the cruiselines published fares! We Always get the perks within our status, as a matter of fact we just did a RCL cruise a couple weeks ago and because of our cruises with AZamara and Celebrity we were given Platinum Status on our RCL cruise with All the Platinum perks that it comes with!

Thanks!

Maybe you got lucky. I remember it came out a few years ago that interline passengers would not get the perks and would not be invited to the past passenger events (I didn't understand that part). There were angry posts here from those passengers.

I found the announcement from December 11, 2011.

Unless Host Andy unlocks the thread, I do not see any way to pull it back up to the conversation. But this came up before, along with a pdf of the letter and many comments.

Credits yes, perks no.

===

"Old December 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Cool Cruiser

Default Interliner Amenities Eliminated

Azamara has announced that passengers on Interline fares "are not eligible for the amenities and services of our loyalty program Le Club Voyage."

Recent guests report that internet, laundry and the complimentary champagne have been eliminated as have invitations to the Le Club Voyage activities on board. Guests who may have overlooked that information on the website are greeted with a letter in their cabin.

This doesn't seem a great way to encourage loyalty with guests that fill empty cabins at the last minute. What an astoundingly shortsighted move from an otherwise excellent operation. Those of us that traveled on Orient may remember similar belt tightening. And look how well that worked out for them.

Attached Files

File Type: pdf Le Club Voyage Letter.pdf (646.0 KB, 237 views)"

The person who posted found this letter in their stateroom, which included the following,

"As you ore troveling on o speciol fore, we wonted io kindly osk thoi you do not discuss this fore wilh other porlies, including fellow guests while onboord. We oppreciote your supporl wiih this.

We slso would like to odvise you ihot os o guesi on o reduced fore, you ore not eligible lor the ameniiies ond services of our loyolly progrom Le Club Voyoge. This progrom is reserved for our full iore guests. We will. however, credit your Azomoro loyolty occount wilh the oppropriote number of credits for your voyoge bosed on stoteroom coiegory ond lenglh of voyoge. (This benefit is sub.jecl to change.)

lf you hove ony questions obout Azomorc, our voyoges or product in generol while onboord, feel free to coniact our Cruise Soles Monoger, Jul:ono. She is locsted on Deck 4 in the Guest Services oreo.

Bon Voyagel

Sincerely.

Edie Bornstein

Vjce Presideni, Soles & Morketing"

Edited by Jade13

Totally agree with you 'Spursgirl' and the majority of posts. My wife and I are fairly newcomers to cruising, in the past two years we have sailed three times with Azamara with a b2b on 'Journey' starting this Saturday from Barcelona but after that we are voting with our feet. I have instructed out TA to cancel two forthcoming booked cruises for next year with a full refund based on the changes to the loyalty programme. It's a real shame because we thought we had found our 'niche' in the cruising world having loved every minute with Azamara but now I find it hard to trust them and when that happens it's time to move on....maybe to Oceania.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmjh

I just booked a B2B for 22 days. Why? Because I have enjoyed Azamara many times in the past ... including the nice perks such as the laundry and internet. Then I read about the new changes ... I am now looking at other options for these 22 days. Why? Because I don't like companies that take things away under the pretext of "improving" my benefits. So, unless things actually change for the better ... I have probably sailed my LAST Azamara cruise.

we also fully agree

our decision as loyal Azamara customers are as follow:

we booked right now :(despite similar cruises offered by AZ)

12 day cruise with Oceania (free internet starting in 2015)

12 day cruise with Europa 2

bye bye Azamara

Thumbs down!

Just joining this thread-agree with all of the comments above. Having traveled with Azamara multiple times, the loss of internet and laundry coupled with the low likelihood of ever achieving a free cruise (like trying to grab the merry-go round brass ring while being on the inside horse) has made me look at other cruise options (currently booked on the Quest February 3rd, 2015). Suspect some numbers cruncher at corporate who never sails made this decision…..

After all these comments (and the probability that at least someone in marketing at Azamara reads this) I would be shocked if the company doesn't revisit these changes.

While I'm quite sure no one booked an Azamara Cruise for the laundry or internet perks, they were a nice perk. In the scheme of things and certainly the cost of the cruise, they amount to pennies. The disturbing point in all of this is that it seems that loyalty is no longer appreciated. We are booked in March next year (number 6) but after that unlikely we will cruise with Azamara again. sad as we thought we had found our niche.

Margaret and Iain

While I'm quite sure no one booked an Azamara Cruise for the laundry or internet perks, they were a nice perk. In the scheme of things and certainly the cost of the cruise, they amount to pennies. The disturbing point in all of this is that it seems that loyalty is no longer appreciated. We are booked in March next year (number 6) but after that unlikely we will cruise with Azamara again. sad as we thought we had found our niche.

Margaret and Iain

Hello Margaret and Iain,

Still remember our trivia sessions on Quest fondly.

Re the LCV announcement, you have hit the nail on the head. It's not how much laundry and Internet would cost us, it's the fact that as returning guests it was a little gesture for our loyalty. I also am unimpressed how they are trying to spin the changes (unsuccessfully) as improvements for us all.

Am hoping the tweaks Larry Pimentel mentioned will make us all happier when they are announced

Hazel

Ps hope yesterday's vote went the way you wanted

Post below is the one by Larry Pimental from another thread that he started on the 12th September after many negative comments were written on the Azamara board. His point c) is the one that will be of interest to me and many others here I'm sure:

I find the cruise community discussion and input very valuable. Debating diverse topics and different opinions continues to be insightful and educational. This is especially true of the Le Club Voyage commentary and the comments about our crews, itineraries and destination orientation. I view the boards frequently and participate in social media to a greater degree than most in my position. I may not always agree, but I do listen and rarely will I react without a complete analysis and understanding.

Your comments have allowed me to gather eight colleagues to evaluate all comments, including numerous comments outside of the Cruise Critic community. We also reviewed program benefits and found very useful notions you provided about singles, suite guests and too much distance between the Discover Plus level and the Discover Platinum level. We will make changes in these areas.

Nearly every angle and perspective was viewed and compared to our key competitive set. I'm very happy we've done so and would like to thank these caring colleagues for an extra ordinary effort..

Their effort along with your comments and that of many others, has lead me to a number of very positive decisions:

a) a dedicated full time Le Club Voyage Ambassador will be announced on September 16 who will embrace our one-to-one relationships with the club members,

b) we will publish a Club newsletter by October 1 of this year to insure more and better communication,

c) we will announce a few material enhancements to the new program by October 9,

d) we will establish a 2015 Cruise Critic Advisory Board to gain insight on all matters concerning Azamara Club Cruises, Applications for those interested with be posted in October and selections will be made by November.

As an aside, we have hit record high load factors, record revenues and best bottom line results in the brands hisrory. The advance bookings are even better and we contribute to the corporations profit. Some of the conversations I've read, reading our financial health, are so off base and completely incorrect.

Finally, selecting a cruise line is a very personal decision based on many factors. In decades of research, guest loyalty programs, while very important have never been the top reason to select a cruise line.

Stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks!

Thank you,

Phil

With all the recent changes to Azamara, it has changed so much from our first cruise on the Journey in 2009. Azamara keeps trying to reinvent itself. While changes are often good, the recent changes are not well received. It seems like Azamara is making it up as they go. i don't know what the future holds for Azamara except it won't include me.

With all the recent changes to Azamara, it has changed so much from our first cruise on the Journey in 2009. Azamara keeps trying to reinvent itself. While changes are often good, the recent changes are not well received. It seems like Azamara is making it up as they go. i don't know what the future holds for Azamara except it won't include me.

I agree. We sail twice on Azamara total of 24 days. Since then, there have been too many changes and price increases that I find it no longer a good value for my money. It is like Azamara does not know what it wants to be when it grows up. I am happy on most other cruise lines and that is where I will spend our money. Every one likes different lines. I happen to enjoy Princess and their past PAX program for us is great. I love the free internet minutes and in a cruise or two I get more such as free laundry, not just a bag but all I need. I love the military OBC given on any cruise we take with them. So, for me Mr.P. is wrong. I do try to fist pick Princess for their past PAX perks. The last line of Mr. P. statement tells me not to expect much change.

I really do wish Azamara the best. I hope they do well. But I think Azamara's product is fine, but it is not that outstanding that Azamara can keep pushing away their loyal PAX, with out having some sort of down fall at some time.

I come to these boards just to see what is going on with Azamara. I have all ready walked away with my money and spent it on other lines.

Post below is the one by Larry Pimental from another thread that he started on the 12th September after many negative comments were written on the Azamara board. His point c) is the one that will be of interest to me and many others here I'm sure:

Phil

Hope it turns about to be something everyone wants and a true benefit.

Keep in mind that they thought the NEW program was an "enhancement."

It simply seems to me that Azamara constantly is changing itself in a seemingly endless struggle to find its niche, and revising constantly in an attempt to differentiate itself from other cruiselines, yet always hampered by owning only two comparatively dated ships.

Change has been the constant and it seems that much is not thought through thoroughly enough recently.

I personally am more worried about the substantial increase in chartering than losing free laundry or internet but all are troubling.

It simply seems to me that Azamara constantly is changing itself in a seemingly endless struggle to find its niche, and revising constantly in an attempt to differentiate itself from other cruiselines, yet always hampered by owning only two comparatively dated ships.

Change has been the constant and it seems that much is not thought through thoroughly enough recently.

I personally am more worried about the substantial increase in chartering than losing free laundry or internet but all are troubling.

Agree completely.

I believe Kiawahdon in an earlier post summarized in a comprehensive list all the issues that are "troubling." It is not just one thing -- it is the sum total of all the bad decisions -- decisions that seem to affect all of us in a negative way.

I will board Quest on the 25th. Not sure what to expect but it's only 7 nights and only a small part of my month-long trip. In the meantime, I am looking at other lines -- there are so many choices and we are flexible. We actually prefer to sample lots of different options -- keeps things fresh.