Cancelled Cruise!

reilly1

We have just had correspondence from our TA with a cancellation notification for our June 2015 Black Sea Cruise on Constellation due to the unrest in the Ukraine. Very disappointed but have rebooked on Italy and Turkey cruise on 19th July. Anyone else in the same position and did you get sorted out? They gave an additional $200 OBC and we kept all our other perks.

I am sorry to read that your cruise has been cancelled. I understand that this is due to a charter booking rather than the unrest in Ukraine.

As someone taking this cruise in 6 weeks time I was quick to check the fact with Celebrity.

I hope you will enjoy the cruise you have now got....and everyone else booked in the next few weeks- panic over!

Sorry for your disappointment. We were looking at these Black Sea cruises for next Fall, but based on the unrest now, chose a Turkey/ Israel one instead. Hope we aren't disappointed too.

Glad you found another option you liked...better safe than sorry.

We have just had correspondence from our TA with a cancellation notification for our June 2015 Black Sea Cruise on Constellation due to the unrest in the Ukraine. Very disappointed but have rebooked on Italy and Turkey cruise on 19th July. Anyone else in the same position and did you get sorted out? They gave an additional $200 OBC and we kept all our other perks.

You might check with your TA. Constellation is doing Eastern Med itineraries in June 2015, we are on one of the Venice/Civitecchia trips.

It is a tough call for the cruise lines. Odds are that the Ukrainian situation will be resolved well before next spring but they just cannot be sure. In the past, the cruise lines have been burned by waiting too long to change itineraries...so now they are being more cautious. It is also a problem for the cruise lines since many folks are hesitant in booking that type of itinerary. But have to laugh at the post about choosing Israel instead (we love Israel) as any cruise to Israel is like rolling the dice as to whether the ship will actually dock. We were in Israel a year ago (on the Silhouette) and the day after we left Ashodod a rocket hit the water right off the beach in Tel Aviv....where we had been 24 hours earlier. Nobody was hurt by that rocket, but it sure cleared the folks off the beach.

Hank

Probably between the charter organizers and the cruiseline - the cancellation of the entire cruise was the better thing to do.

But in the case of unrest that does not effect the entire itinerary, they should just cancel the port.

We had that happen on the Holland America World Cruise at the beginning of this year.

Due to the Ebola outbreak in Dakar and Senegal, they just cancelled those 2 ports.

We are on the Eclipse for the 5/30 sailing and we will be watching closely.

MaryAn

We also were recently impacted by a cancelled cruise. We were scheduled on the Millennium TP in September, 2015 to be followed by a cruise around Japan. That Japan cruise and the one following it were both chartered while the TP itinerary was changed such that the final port was in China (instead of Tokyo). We had free gratuities on the reservation for the cruise around Japan, and that perk was transferred to the cruise we substituted, and we also received the additional OBC.

We were in Istanbul in July this year and spoke with several cruisers from different cruise lines who said the Black Sea cruises this year were all modified so that no ship sailed far into the Black Sea. So I can understand why this is an issue for cruises in 2015.

We are on the Silhouette doing the Baltic including St Petersburg in May of 2015 and we have heard nothing. It is way too early I think for a major change. We were supposed to go on the Connie this past May but I opted for 5 days in the hospital.....our friends did go and they made all of the scheduled ports without any issues

I think I would be so relieved rather than disappointed ... Celebrity is looking out for their passengers (and I am sure their bottom line). To each his own, I guess.

Nice they gave you the extra persk.

We sailed on a Baltic cruise recently and had no problems what so ever with St Petersburg. Obviously if the situation escalates that could change. My In-laws, on the other hand, are booked on the Connie for a Black Sea Cruise in a few weeks and their itinerary has changed completely. Out went all of the Ukraine stops which were replaced with more Bulgaria, Romania, and Turkey ports. They were offered a full refund but decided to go with it anyway.