The "Not a Sale" sale

Poulsbo Cruisers

I'm booked on a 14 day Mediterranean cruise next summer. We booked this cruise a few months back and chose a mini suite. The fare was $4098 pp. I watch the fares regularly in the event they go down. A few days ago Princess raised the fare for this same cruise and cabin to $4198 pp. Today they are showing this cruise and cabin on sale for $4099 pp. This is quite the sale. Only $1 more pp than last week. :confused:

I'm booked on a 14 day Mediterranean cruise next summer. We booked this cruise a few months back and chose a mini suite. The fare was $4098 pp. I watch the fares regularly in the event they go down. A few days ago Princess raised the fare for this same cruise and cabin to $4198 pp. Today they are showing this cruise and cabin on sale for $4099 pp. This is quite the sale. Only $1 more pp than last week. :confused:

They meant it is "for sale" ;) not "on sale" :cool:

The checking weekly/daily thing (as you described above) is the sure fire way to tell whether you are getting a good deal or just the current deal. Happy sailing

Sorry your sale was not a sale. We are booked for a Norway Fjords cruise for next June and just got a BIG price drop on the balconies from $4353 to $2799.00 and also a 3 part deal of $200 to be used for excursions,a free upgrade and 100 OBC. That puts my OBC so far at $585 and I will get $250 more after final payment from stocks.

This is a 15 day cruise and this latest sale makes this a very reasonable price for this cruise. I am sure this will be it for the price drops. They did the same thing last year on our British Isles Cruise. We also got a great deal on Princess Air of $1127.00 from Nashville to London.:D

Am I missing something here. I contacted my TA b/c I have a cruise booked for alaska in a vista suite (so I guess no upgrade there since I'm already in a suite). During the last sale I booked when Princess was giving 50.00 obc, my TA said my cruise went up 100.00 and she could give me the extra 50.00 obc - I told her about the free excursions and upgrade and obc, am I missing something or just stupid :( Thanks :)

Am I missing something here. I contacted my TA b/c I have a cruise booked for alaska in a vista suite (so I guess no upgrade there since I'm already in a suite). During the last sale I booked when Princess was giving 50.00 obc, my TA said my cruise went up 100.00 and she could give me the extra 50.00 obc - I told her about the free excursions and upgrade and obc, am I missing something or just stupid :( Thanks :)
You missed the fine print that says, "This offer applies to new bookings only, is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public or past guest discount."

Princess has a long history of raising their price a week or two before a sale, with a net result of little or no change in the bottom line. This summer's bucket sale and OBC sale were good examples. If I have a question as to it being a benefit to cancel and rebook, I check with my TA. The answer usually is "No. You already have the lowest price." But, there have been enough times that she refared that I know she is correct either way.

we are on the island for Oct next year Rome to Venice and the price dropped by $650 per person today with the sale, plus we got two category cabin upgrade and $300 on board credit...

Plus three of our November cruises this year now have more on board credit with their 3 for sale deal.

But we are in a balcony, perhaps the price of Full suites just doesn't drop much.

Edited by vickie_bernie

We are on the Island, Venice to Barcelona in May. Cost of our balcony went down $510.00 per person with a OBC of $150.00 per person. The TA contacted Princess and they gave us the discount. Also, since cruise price is now lower the cost of insurance went down by $35.00 each.

Dennis

we are on the island for Oct next year Rome to Venice and the price dropped by $650 per person today with the sale, plus we got two category cabin upgrade and $300 on board credit...

Plus three of our November cruises this year now have more on board credit with their 3 for sale deal.

But we are in a balcony, perhaps the price of Full suites just doesn't drop much.

We are on the Island, Venice to Barcelona in May. Cost of our balcony went down $510.00 per person with a OBC of $150.00 per person. The TA contacted Princess and they gave us the discount. Also, since cruise price is now lower the cost of insurance went down by $35.00 each.

Dennis

Wow... now that, my friends, sounds like a sale!

Dennis

Does the additional OBC show up on your cruise personalizer in the payments and credits section or will it only show up on your shipboard account after embarkation?

On the other thread re the current sale and on our roll calls people in mini suites are reporting that generally there has been no reduction in fares. Obviously these are a popular category and Princess does not need to tinker with the fares. The price drops and increased OBCs seem to be at the balcony and lower levels. Since Saturday we have saved a significant amount in fares and a generous increase in OBCs on 4 of our 5 booked cruises....the 5th being some 17 months out and really hasn't been the subject of a reduction as yet.

Princess has a long history of raising their price a week or two before a sale, with a net result of little or no change in the bottom line. This summer's bucket sale and OBC sale were good examples

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I booked a cruise to Asia when they first came out, the price never dropped until the Bucket List Sale and I save some money plus got OBC. I was surprised that they included that sailing in the sale since it was a holiday sailing and it was selling very well. :D

How is everyone noticing these price drops. I took someone's advice and saved a cruise in the cruise personalizer. Daily, I go and click update. Is that all there is to it?

I thought that was all there was to it. But today, after all the posts about reductions, I called Princess to ask just in case. Much to my surprise, the fare the rep quoted was $100 less than the price on line (at the same time) for our 2015 transatlantic, and $245 less than the online price for our 2015 Med. Both are balcony rates. Yes, I logged in before checking thru the saved cruises link. In one case the extra OBC more than made up for a slight price increase; the other cruise the quoted price was still too much above my booed fare.

So call anyway. You never know.