Almond Milk?

debbs0723

I called and asked this question the other day and was told no, they do not. I asked about bringing our own and the rep said no we could not. I questioned how this could be if a person cannot drink regular or soy milk. He said an MD note would be needed to bring it on board.

Has anyone taken Almond milk on board and did you need an MD note?

Jen

Anyone ever see this on board Royal?

Thanks,

Debbie

I called and asked this question the other day and was told no, they do not. I asked about bringing our own and the rep said no we could not. I questioned how this could be if a person cannot drink regular or soy milk. He said an MD note would be needed to bring it on board.

Has anyone taken Almond milk on board and did you need an MD note?

Jen

My husband also has restrictions which makes us take certain juices on board. We have a note from our PCP but have never been asked to show it.

I wish more places would start carrying almond milk!! There are so many people that can't (and shouldn't) have soy! And dairy has a whole host of problems for a lot of people as well...I'm sure one of these days places will see the importance of choices like that. In the meantime, I wish they could be more lax about non-alcoholic beverages brought on board...

I wish more places would start carrying almond milk!! There are so many people that can't (and shouldn't) have soy! And dairy has a whole host of problems for a lot of people as well...I'm sure one of these days places will see the importance of choices like that. In the meantime, I wish they could be more lax about non-alcoholic beverages brought on board...

For me it would be ideal.....I have it in my coffee and with my breakfast cereal because I LIKE the taste, not for health reasons. Unfortunately it doesn't come in small containers, like milk does and therefore the waste factor must be considered.

For anyone in the Northeast, Dunkin Donuts has just announced that they have almond milk for their coffee!

Good to know!

Also we asked about bringing almond milk on board for our toddler who doesn't drink dairy, and no one said we would need a doctor note. I will bring one just in case since we don't do soy either. He's only 1.5 yrs old so I prefer him to have what he's used to drinking.

They SAY no beverages (except wine...what makes wine so damn special???) but the really don't care about non-alcoholic liquids.

Bring your almond milk...the worst that will happen is they'll take it....and I'd bet that won't happen!!

Folks bring juice boxes, sodas and water onboard ALL the time. Bring it!

For me it would be ideal.....I have it in my coffee and with my breakfast cereal because I LIKE the taste, not for health reasons. Unfortunately it doesn't come in small containers, like milk does and therefore the waste factor must be considered.

My grocery store carries Silk Almond milk in the individual packages, both vanilla and chocolate. So it's definitely available - you might want to check other store or even online.

My grocery store carries Silk Almond milk in the individual packages, both vanilla and chocolate. So it's definitely available - you might want to check other store or even online.

Ours too (Publix). I think it is 8 oz. It does not need refrigeration until opened so I keep a few on hand for family members who need/like it.

m

Add me to the list who have brought Almond milk onboard with no problem. I buy the shelf one and keep it in the fridge once it's opened. I use it for my protein drink and make it with my shaker bottle. No issues!

Leslie

Thanks everyone. We will just take it on and hope for the best. We leave in 1 week so I don't know if there is time to get an MD note but we will go for it anyway!

For those looking for individual Almond milk, Almond Breeze lists on their web site 11 oz. shelf stable. You can put a zip in on the web site to find out where to buy. I have found it close to our hotel in Boston so I hope it all works out.

Jen

If you have a Whole Foods Market near you, you may want to try. I saw some in mini containers from Pacific. There were very few on the shelf and I don't know if they carry them all the time.

Ours too (Publix). I think it is 8 oz. It does not need refrigeration until opened so I keep a few on hand for family members who need/like it.

m

Where will you store it? The fridges in the cabins are not really cool enough to keep this safe. It will barely keep cans of soda cool.

The packages I'm talking about are shelf stable and require no refrigeration.

Edited by wrp96

The packages I'm talking about are shelf stable and require no refrigeration.

Even shelf stable need refrigeration after opening, I believe.

For those that need a 'real refrigerator' just request one from the cruise line. I don't think you need some 'proof/documentation' for it. At the worst, I would keep asking the cabin steward for ice and use the ice bucket to keep the small cartons 'on ice'.

Even shelf stable need refrigeration after opening, I believe.

For those that need a 'real refrigerator' just request one from the cruise line. I don't think you need some 'proof/documentation' for it. At the worst, I would keep asking the cabin steward for ice and use the ice bucket to keep the small cartons 'on ice'.

But I'm referring to single serving packs - juice box size.

But I'm referring to single serving packs - juice box size.

For me, it is NOT a big issue, purely enjoyment.....and I can certainly spend a week without it....for others it may be a solution. But even juice box size single size servings, have more product in them than someone might use and therefore need refrigeration for the remaining.

If it was a personal need, I would bring on board what I needed and deal with it appropriately.

We will get the small shelf stable containers. If ice will not keep it cold we will just throw it out. We will buy several small containers.

Jen

For me, it is NOT a big issue, purely enjoyment.....and I can certainly spend a week without it....for others it may be a solution. But even juice box size single size servings, have more product in them than someone might use and therefore need refrigeration for the remaining.

If it was a personal need, I would bring on board what I needed and deal with it appropriately.

Edited by Jen1000

Almond milk does come in small sizes. Silk has lunch box sized containers (I think 8oz) that I've seen at Publix for $1.29. And I've seen quart sized that should fit in the ship's mini fridge but if not the 8 oz size def will.

silk-milk-coupon.jpg