What do you think is the best looking Carnival ship?

yamsi12

I like Fantasy class ships. They have an old-school look of an actual cruise ship, rather than a floating structure resembling a hotel. Although, I have to say that the Conquest class isn't too shabby, either. The balconies may give it a "land-ish" look, but it doesn't look too top-heavy, like RCI's newest ships, for example.

Ive always liked the look of the Conquest class ships but I have to give the nod to the Splendor, not only do I like her lines but she is also a one of a kind for Carnival fleet.

You are biased because you got engaged on the Splendor :)! Well I like the Splendor too!

I like Fantasy class ships. They have an old-school look of an actual cruise ship, rather than a floating structure resembling a hotel. Although, I have to say that the Conquest class isn't too shabby, either. The balconies may give it a "land-ish" look, but it doesn't look too top-heavy, like RCI's newest ships, for example.

This ^^^

The fantasy class have the non apartment building on a hull look modern ships have gone to. The long clean hull of the classic ocean liner look with the lifeboats up high. Particually the ships without the add on "balconies" the Paradise for example.

Other than the fantail, the Sunshine, Triumph, Conquest, Splendor and Dream Classes all look alike from the front and sides. If they didn't have the name on the sides, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Granted, the top decks have different things to do on them but below that, they all look alike in the above classes.

Other than the fantail, the Sunshine, Triumph, Conquest, Splendor and Dream Classes all look alike from the front and sides. If they didn't have the name on the sides, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Granted, the top decks have different things to do on them but below that, they all look alike in the above classes.

Can easily tell the difference from the outside.

Spirit class ships. Love the pride.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Ive always liked the look of the Conquest class ships but I have to give the nod to the Splendor, not only do I like her lines but she is also a one of a kind for Carnival fleet.

Best looking IMO is the Carnival Miracle (link).

The Splendor is the best looking of all the Destiny class derivatives..

Well, these days I find the fanstasy class ships do look a little awkward, or different, but that would not stop me from sailing on them.

I think all of Carnival's ships look good! Conquest class and up to the Breeze, as well as the spirit class. Nice sleek looking ships.

But I have to admit to being one who does not see any ugliness in NCL Epic, and have never understood the ugly remarks on that ship. So maybe I am weird, but I rarely use the word ugly. I try to find the beauty first. Just me.:o

Edited by SMSACE6

The fantasy class have the non apartment building on a hull look modern ships have gone to. The long clean hull of the classic ocean liner look with the lifeboats up high. Particually the ships without the add on "balconies" the Paradise for example.

I totally agree! The fewer balconies, the better the ship looks. And the only balconies on this ship (besides the ones up high) are within the hull, which is a nice look. Fantasy class without the added balconies win!

For the inside decor, that is very subjective. Some people like the toned down decor of Breeze. I find it to be boring. There's plenty of boring decor all around me in everyday life. I want something different on vacation. Flashy, without going too far. I have always thought that the Dream & Triumph had the perfect balance.

The only one left that look like ships are the 8 Fantasy class ships.

Can easily tell the difference from the outside.

How, when they all look alike in those above mentioned classes. If you see one of them coming towards you, you can't tell which one it is until you can see the name on the side.

I have collected a model of each one of the below listed ships and have them on a shelf in my garage. Above each model is a picture of that ship. Every picture looks the same except for the name on the side.