Short and quick celebrity Millennium review

Vacationlover2

We did the southern Alaska itinerary. I have been on carnival, Disney, and rccl previously. I was with my husband and 2 kids and friends and their kids.

We were expecting so much more from celebrity. The food was no better than the other lines and the desserts were horrible. The service was no better either. Where was the luxury?

The ports were great. Hubbard Glacier was amazing. Ketchikan was our favorite town.

I probably would not cruise celebrity again. They just didn't have much to offer us.

Amy questions please ask.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise more and you found the desserts

horrible:eek:

It is good there are different cruiselines for all of us. Hope you are

happier on your next one:)

We had a basic inside cabin. We loved the location. Right next to guest services. Easy access to everything. The ship was showing its age in some places. In others it looked great.

Hi Vacationlover2

I understand she had a make over in 2012:eek: - still showing her age??? Did they leave out bits for the make over?? She was built in 2000.

Hope the food & service is ok for Dec 7th out of Singapore.

We were on same ship and had a great time. Then I became very ill coming home. Influenza A. The cruise line refused to contact the elderly couple we had dinner with each night. They need Tamiflu immediately. They are from Belgium.

We were on same ship and had a great time. Then I became very ill coming home. Influenza A. The cruise line refused to contact the elderly couple we had dinner with each night. They need Tamiflu immediately. They are from Belgium. Any ideas how to contact upper management?

Never found any deserts on any cruise line worth the calories. They never are as good as they look and are basically just sweet and tasteless

We agree. We prefer to drink our calories. ;)

My dear wife would rather have another steak than fill up on sweets.

Now if there was a special cheese selection and a glass of port, I would bloat while afloat.

We agree. We prefer to drink our calories. ;)

My dear wife would rather have another steak than fill up on sweets.

Now if there was a special cheese selection and a glass of port, I would bloat while afloat.

Hi Arno:

I hope you and Joanne have a wonderful cruise! I look forward to hearing what you think of the Millennium at this point. We were on her two weeks after her "Solsticization" in May, 2012. Her crew was fabulous at that time.

I just came back from a Princess Alaska cruise on the Golden Princess. I had heard many times that the desserts on Princess were great. Unfortunately, I didn't find them any better than desserts on Celebrity. Where many Celebrity desserts are based on a gelatinous mousse, most of the Princess desserts were based on a Cool Whip-type faux mousse. Not one of them merited more than two bites, I'm afraid. Except for the lime basil sorbet in the MDR. :)

I was also disappointed in the International Café, which I had heard SO much about. I prefer Celebrity's Café al Bacio.

I'm with you on the fine cheeses and port!

Edited by elena7seas

We were on the Oasis of the Seas a few weeks ago and they served a delicious cheese plate in the MDR. It had 4 different cheeses, several slices of fruit bread, chutney and dried fruit. Unlike the ones I have had on Celebrity the cheese was at room temperature, not ice cold and straight out of the fridge. I much prefer a cheese plate to dessert.

I think there is a logical disconnect. Some want a brand new hotel room, they want a brand new house, everything must be fresh, crisp and polished. Others like Charm, like to stay in inns with history and accept older things. The m class ships are like very good condition, very high quality inns...but they aren't new. If you are one of those folks who want brand new....don't book an m class ship (and the s class ships are starting to show some not brand spanking new Areas). If you enjoy the ambiance of an older bar or club, then you will very much like the m class...if you want spotless new, don't book on them...find the newest ship and. Book it. For the record, Our last four cruises have been on m class ships.....great cruises on the infinity and millennium.

Sent from my iPad using Forums