Ken Mills (Celebrity Summit Cruise Director)

MGK

• 4 months later...

Well, you may get your way. I read somewhere on the board that Rich Clesen either got off last cruise, or will be getting off at the end of the current cruise. That's too bad because I was looking forward to having him on the cruise next week. Maybe I'll find out Sunday that they transferred Ken Mills to some other ship. :rolleyes:

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

Well, you may get your way. I read somewhere on the board that Rich Clesen either got off last cruise, or will be getting off at the end of the current cruise. That's too bad because I was looking forward to having him on the cruise next week. Maybe I'll find out Sunday that they transferred Ken Mills to some other ship. :rolleyes:

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

Hi:)...you are correct...I read that Rich is going to Solstice.....Ben

Powney was the CD......not sure if he is going on vacation or to another

ship. I loved Ben:D

Trying to understand the issue. We have probably taken over 100 cruises ( on the Eclipse now) and can remember the names of about 2 or 3 CDs. We could care less about their silly jokes or if they are good announcers. In fact, we think that the ones we do not remember were the good ones. So who cares. Good Chefs matter, Good Hotel Managers really matter. CDs? Who cares.

Hank

P.S. The CD on our cruise seems like a nice guy. So what?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As usual Hank, you are right on.

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

Oh no!! I was looking forward to seeing Rich. He was our CD on our Century Hawaii cruise and I really enjoyed him. But for the most part, I do not pay a whole lot of attention to the CD while I am onboard. The only reason I know more about Rich is that I was in a flash mob onboard.

Will still have a great cruise anyway. See you onboard Wine-O!!:D

Hi:)...you are correct...I read that Rich is going to Solstice.....Ben

Powney was the CD......not sure if he is going on vacation or to another

ship. I loved Ben:D

Hi Lois,

I believe Ben is headed on vacation. When I chatted with him, he mentioned that Solstice was his regular ship now. Of course, things can always change.

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

HI Wine-O,

I think Ken Mills is headed to Summit. Hope this helps !

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

I really liked Sue too. My only Celebrity cruise was with her. I must admit it really doesn't matter too much to me who is. Like them,don't like them,doesn't affect my cruise whatsoever.

Laura

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Summit this morning and we felt Ken was the best cruise directors we've had in 9 cruises! He was friendly and approachable when you bumped into him. Funny and witty during the shows as well.

We've done two Summit Cruises to Bermuda -- one with Ken Mills as CD and our recent cruise with Rich Cleason (right before he left for Millie). Of the two, I much prefer Rich Cleason. I'm generally not a big fan of CD's -- and I thought Ken Mills was in love with the sound of his own voice. Ken was much too chatty on the ship's intercom, for my taste. :rolleyes:

We've been on three different ships with Rich, and he really seems to have the Master of Ceremonies thing down pat. He's also a very personable and funny guy, to chat with. I like to refer to Rich as "The least annoying CD I have ever cruised with." :p

While not Sue Denning (by far, our favorite), he was a worthy second place. I don't recall any one-on-one interaction, but we aren't the type to seek out such meetings. He was omnipresent and quite the entertainer. I found his humor in the "adult" category, but never crude.

Ken was okay as far as CDs go. I think he just came back on the Summit so if you are sailing in the next 6 months or so you will have him. I thought he was a good sport getting into the pool in his suit for the crew vs. guest water volleyball game.

I agree with other comments about Captain Leo. Thought he was awesome. Saw him everywhere. Even in the Oceanview eating. Had a nice talk with him one night walking to the show. He's 37 and been a captain for the last 3 years. I think it's smart on Celebrity's part getting in some younger blood on their ships. He was great!

Ken was okay as far as CDs go. I think he just came back on the Summit so if you are sailing in the next 6 months or so you will have him. I thought he was a good sport getting into the pool in his suit for the crew vs. guest water volleyball game.

I agree with other comments about Captain Leo. Thought he was awesome. Saw him everywhere. Even in the Oceanview eating. Had a nice talk with him one night walking to the show. He's 37 and been a captain for the last 3 years. I think it's smart on Celebrity's part getting in some younger blood on their ships. He was great!

agree on both counts. captain leo is def everywhere, mingling with the guests. saw him eating at the buffet, in the pool for staff v guests volleyball, at the shows, etc. he's a nice fresh change from the older captains who often seem a bit stuffy. we actually saw so much around the ship we joked "so who's sailing this darn thing?"

I agree as well. Ken is OK, but he got on my nerves easily and was too chatty at the beginning and end of shows in the theater. Captain Leo is definitely awesome and I loved his down to earth personality. I didn't realize he was only 37! I agree that it is nice to see some young blood at the helm of some of the ships.

Edited by tlaffin

We had Ken on our 31 May cruise. What was really annoying was after the Captain's 10:00 update on position of the ship, yada, yada, yada, Ken would then get on the intercom and bloviate for 15-20 minutes on bingo trivia, events, etc., as if we didn't have a daily to figure it out ourselves. That's why we travel Celebrity -- don't want to listen to that crap!!! :rolleyes:

We have sailed with Ken ithis past winter B2B & will probably see him in November again on the Summit. I see CDs as performers, that's their job. And I'm sure it's not always an easy one. We had spent some time in the Elite lounge one night with Ken & some of the Activity staff, just a quiet corner conversation. It was a pleasure to sit and talk one on one. They listened to my take on some things good & bad, some suggestions and overall just chatting with some hard working people. Mark & Justin were lots of fun during our 2 weeks on board as part of the Activity staff under Ken. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise with that staff again. CC hostess Ashley was amazing as always. The Summit crew is very special! Captain Leo takes good care of them.

Oh...and Ken mentioned Cruise Critic threads on several occasions, regarding cruisers' reviews, so he's no stranger.

Hi Ken! :D

15730021082_45aa5b6bc0_c.jpgSUM047

So is that Ken? I have never seen him before.....I will be on Summit

in November.....wonder who it will be by then.........

Ken was on my June Summit cruise. He talked way too much...and he made fun of people who left the show lounge before he was finished. No cruise employee should ever make fun of any guest on a cruise. He kind of reminded me Don Rickles......and I didn't like him either.

Ken was on my June Summit cruise. He talked way too much...and he made fun of people who left the show lounge before he was finished. No cruise employee should ever make fun of any guest on a cruise. He kind of reminded me Don Rickles......and I didn't like him either.

Don always makes fun of people...that is his "shtick" and always

has been........but if Ken was serious in his "making fun of pax".....I

agree.....that really isn't the right thing to do.

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

Hi!

We loved Sue as well.....the best of the best!

Cheers,

Carol Ann

Don always makes fun of people...that is his "shtick" and always

has been........but if Ken was serious in his "making fun of pax".....I

agree.....that really isn't the right thing to do.

I can attest to the fact that he did this as well. It makes you feel bad for whomever he was targeting. It wasn't funny at all, especially at a passenger's expense.

I can attest to the fact that he did this as well. It makes you feel bad for whomever he was targeting. It wasn't funny at all, especially at a passenger's expense.

WOW....not someone who sounds very classy:eek: